Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PayPal set up should I have?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Was hoping to get some advice on this. I am soon to be launching a small ecommerce site selling a small range of products. The items in question are of relatively high value, and are quite bulky/heavy so will require further shipping costs for the customer.

I was hoping to get PayPal integrated now to finish off the development of the site, but I don't yet have my Ltd company set up. Do I have to wait to set up the Ltd before I integrate PayPal?

Is there a particular sign up method I need to use? There are a few different options on the site and I'm not 100% on which one I should be going for.

Thanks for any assistance, much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think this is the one to go for. Don't see why you would need a Ltd to be set up as many sole traders would not have this info. My friend uses them for his eCommerce site and pretty sure he used the "Payments Standard" option. I will check later. He finds it pretty expensive over all by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If you're based in Ireland I don't think they pro option is available, at least it wasn't when I left.

As Eoin said Paypal is expensive but as its no sales - no fee it's good for a startup it's a brand with huge marketshare too which is a bonus. Once you've started making sales, look for a cheaper option like Realex Payments.

Advertisement