Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question.

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Quick question lads, can i collect a gun from the dealers with a grant letter or do you need your licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

You need you'r licence to hold you'r firearm, the grant letter is not a licence.You'll have you'r licence very soon after grant letter, I got my grant letters and my licences in the same post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

As above, I'd reckon you'd need your license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

marlin vs wrote: »
    You need you'r licence to hold you'r firearm, the grant letter is not a licence.You'll have you'r licence very soon after grant letter, I got my grant letters and my licences in the same post.

How did you manage that?
    Surely you recieve the grant letter, go to the post office and pay the €80 and your liscence is then issued by post.

I have collected firearms previously on foot of a grant letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

How did you manage that?
    Surely you recieve the grant letter, go to the post office and pay the €80 and your liscence is then issued by post.

I have collected firearms previously on foot of a grant letter.

The grant letter under the new system isn't the same as the old one, where a super could write you a letter saying you'd been approved and could pick up the gun while the paperwork was being rubber-stamped in the park. The new grant letters certainly wouldn't fulfill that function.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

marlin vs wrote: »
    ...........You'll have you'r licence very soon after grant letter,.............

+1.

You'll have the grant a couple of days after paying for the license. You shouldn't be able to pick up your firearm with a grant letter. It states you have been approved and has all your details but until you pay for the actual license you cannot collect the firearm.

Patience grasshopper.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I had to show my license to the dealer before I got my rifle - 4 months wait for the grant letter and 4 days wait for the license after payment - :D

Advertisement