Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB.net, redirecting port to an IP address, won't connect.

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I have my program going at the moment and it's reading data from my instrument fine through the RS-232 port.

What I want to do now is have my instrument connected to an RF Modem by RS-232, pick that signal up on a second RF Modem which is connected to a network and then read that signal into VB.net to process it the same way I did when the instrument was directly connected to my pc.

This works fine when I use a second pc with Hyper Terminal and I can "chat" back and forth. But when I try to connect with VB.net using "serialport.open" I get the same message box I got from Hyper Terminal but it just disconnects straight away.

Any ideas what the cause of this could be?

EDIT: I'm using the MaxStream software that came with the RF Modems that included a Com Port Redirector which is mapped to the IP address of the ethernet modem, this is on Com2 on my pc while the regular serial port is Com1.

Advertisement