Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's nice to live in County Tipperary?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Well as the title says I am hoping to move from just outside of Limerick City to wherever is nice to live, perhaps in County Tipperary - ideally no more than 30 minutes drive.

- Limerick City's standard of living was never exceptional but it has been in decline for the past number of years and now I'd like to get out - as soon as possible

Would be looking to sell a 3 bed Semi in Suburbia for in the region of 200K (Don't know if this figure is accurate or laughable to be honest!) and then simply refinance and move without having to break the Bank....

Would like to move into a small Estate in Limerick County with a few Green areas/Playground where the Kids can play with the other Children in the Neighbourhood without any anti-social behaviour around, such as speeding cars, rubbish dumping, gangs of Scumbags loitering, broken glass on the green areas etc.

Would also like to be near some local Park like for example the way Kildimo has Curraghchase so near by etc. Also somewhere with a bit of Community spirit would be nice too - most of our friendly, approachable Neighbours seem to be Eastern European.

- Would really appreciate any help or advice you might have to offer!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,690 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cahir is the nicest town in Tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cahir is the nicest town in Tipp

It's a bit of a drive from Limerick City though isint it! I guess if you could find a decent one along the soon to be M7 it would be the easiest, not familiar with towns north of Nenagh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Newport is very close to Limerick and is quite too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

ballina/Killaloe are nearby and absolutely gorgeous little villages. Cahir is miles and miles away and a kip to boot so don't even bother with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GirlFridayEire

Excuse me Pooch90 - why is Cahir a kip - please explain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Newport, but it's full of those scumbag wannabies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,690 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

pooch90 wrote: »
    ballina/Killaloe are nearby and absolutely gorgeous little villages. Cahir is miles and miles away and a kip to boot so don't even bother with it.

Please explain this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

This is a zombie thread. Cahir is a lovely town though. Tranquil, nice cafes, beautiful walks, an excellent gym, very low levels of delinquency. It is a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Emly is a lovely village and commutable for Limerick. In Limerick County, Bruff is a nice village within easy reach. Adare is maybe a bit further but gorgeous too. If I were choosing though, it would have to be Ballina or Killaloe, Absolutely beautiful area, loads going on, and house prices have plummeted there as many places currently on the market are buy-to-lets or holiday homes that didn't work out - I've seen plenty of 3-bed detached properties with gardens in your price range on daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Is the Golden Thatch still in Emily?.....I had some right good nights there many moons ago.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Here we go again,another best/worst town in Tipperary thread.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tippspur wrote: »
    Here we go again,another best/worst town in Tipperary thread.:rolleyes:

Anybody fancy pressing the report post button? Anyone at all?
    We can't look after the forum if posters don't keep us up-to-speed with problems.

Zombie thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement