Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a question about wi-fi on sony ericsson W995

• 18-03-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I've input my router password key and the phone says i am connected to the network, but how do i actually get onto the internet using my home network? the only link for the internet on the phone seems to be the "Meteor internet" option in the main menu - and i dont have a data package

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

you have to download opera mini through the phones mobile internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

cant do this through the wi-fi network?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

as far as i know you can't as you need opera mini to browse the internet via wi-fi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 BigAliens

kingaaa wrote: »
    I've input my router password key and the phone says i am connected to the network, but how do i actually get onto the internet using my home network? the only link for the internet on the phone seems to be the "Meteor internet" option in the main menu - and i dont have a data package

To go to the internet through wi-fi press the multi-task key(button on the left under the call send key) and move to the internet tab. Once u enter an address or open a bookmark it will go through wi-fi rather than network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Or just download Opera Mini on your computer, transfer to the phone via USB cable and you're sorted?

• Advertisement
Advertisement