Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flaherthys Garden, Other Bosco Shorts and Pa-Joe!

• 18-03-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭

Does anyone remember Flaherthys Garden on Bosco? I remember Flaherthy and Cornelius Crow but none of the rest of the characters. I'd like to know the name of the other characters, especially the cat, if anyone can remember. I remember the Mcspuds and the plonksters too, but not to much of what they were about, if anyone can help.

Also does anyone remember the Christmas song that Pa-Joe had out? As far as I remember it was called "Wash Your Socks For Christmas"? Does anyone have a link to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Rosary was the cat from my memory. :) The McSpuds owned a supermarket I think, they were Shelia and Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

"Ruff" said Flaherty

Wasn't there one with a tree called 'Crann'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

There was a beach too i think, it was in a painting? Anyone remember the name of the zookeeper bosco always talked to when he went through the magic door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It wasn't Pa-Joe, it was Pajo as in Pajos junkbox.

Or was there someone called Pa-Joe that I don't know about ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Knock-knock open wide
    See what's on the other side
    Knock-knock anymore
    Come with me through the magic door.

And then they'd cut to some educational thing, or sometimes a trip to the zoo.

then there were the green and yellow dudes made out of plastecine, kind of like cavemen or something.

And the Tongue Twisters.

Here's an old Bosco thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91535

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Plonksters were the green and yellow mala figures. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Jip wrote: »
    It wasn't Pa-Joe, it was Pajo as in Pajos junkbox.

Or was there someone called Pa-Joe that I don't know about ?

That's him, its been so long since i saw it I couldn't remember how it was spelt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

And the Tongue Twister stretchy heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It seems no pics or footage of Padjo exists anymore. RTE has completely wiped him from memory, it'as a shame really:(

I'd love to buy the original Padjo puppet. I wonder does it still exist in an RTE vault or did it get chucked out withthe trash years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It seems no pics or footage of Padjo exists anymore. RTE has completely wiped him from memory, it'as a shame really:(

I'd love to buy the original Padjo puppet. I wonder does it still exist in an RTE vault or did it get chucked out withthe trash years ago?

I've always wondered this myself. Anyone i talk to doesn't remember Pajo. IIRC the theme tune was the Pogues classic 'Fiesta'.

I've Googled and YouTubed Pajo to death over the years but never came across anything.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Following on from Pajo's junkbox there was another programme called Pajo and the Saltyfrog which was the boat he was stationed on. Think it was a programme rather than a show like Pajo's junkbox where he presented other programmes on a Sat morning.
    Have tried searching for them over the years along with Flaherthys Garden to no avail. Flaherthys Garden was gas, every time "Ruff" said Flaherty, Cornelius the purple crow would fall over.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Cornelius Crow would make hapless attempts at performing magic...I recall Flaherty often saying "you stupid crow! Where's my bone?" when he'd make it disappear. There was another thing that was set at the beach, with a little girl and a guy called Times-The-Tide, does anyone remember that or what was it called?
    Also I thought Rosario the cat belonged to The Whirlygig witch from Fortycoats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Holmer wrote: »
    Cornelius Crow would make hapless attempts at performing magic...I recall Flaherty often saying "you stupid crow! Where's my bone?" when he'd make it disappear. There was another thing that was set at the beach, with a little girl and a guy called Times-The-Tide, does anyone remember that or what was it called?
    Also I thought Rosario the cat belonged to The Whirlygig witch from Fortycoats?

Was Times-the-tide like a grandfather clock. Seem to remember something like that on a beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, that was set on a beach - it was about a little girl who hung out with sea creatures and shells and stuff. There was something a tad eerie about it (as was the case with a lot of early 80s cartoons)... I think Times The Tide was the actual name of the short. That's going back extremely far - it was one of the earlier Bosco shorts.

Flaherty's Garden very much wore its Magic Roundabout influence on its sleeve - fairly trippy stuff.

Gregory Gráinneog was the one that featured the tree Charlie Crann. There was also a snail - Sheila - plus a few others. All characters were made of plasticine and it was extremely cheap looking.

Loved the McSpuds.

Illicit substances surely played a part in the conception of these - especially the Tongue Twisters and those plasticine guys who used to beat the sh1t out of each other. :D

Does anyone agree with me that it was the absolute awesomest when Bosco was shown in his bedroom? It rarely happened...

I absolutely loved Pajo's Junkbox too - the theme tune was indeed The Pogues' Fiesta. Think it ran from about '86 to about '89/'90. It replaced Anything Goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

WindSock wrote: »
    And the Tongue Twister stretchy heads.
    They used to freak me out,especially when their necks were stretching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Dudess wrote: »
    Does anyone agree with me that it was the absolute awesomest when Bosco was shown in his bedroom? It rarely happened...

It absolutely was. I coveted the tiny record player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Apologies for ressurecting a zombie thread but this clip wasn't up when the thread was created.BTW I think the female Bosco presenter at the start might be the one that several people were enquiring about in the disappeared Irish celebrities thread.

Advertisement