Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Security protected' tag on sunglasses - What does it mean?

• 18-03-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭

Just curious - Does the 'security protected' white tag visible on the girl's sunglasses in the attached pic mean that they were ripped off or shoplifted? I think there was a 'River Island' tag on them also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Just curious - Does the 'security protected' white tag visible on the girl's sunglasses in the attached pic mean that they were ripped off or shoplifted? I think there was a 'River Island' tag on them also.

The tags are taken off at the till at the time of purchase, so I'd say those glasses haven't been near a till.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Crimecall next month....lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

That tag is not the security tag...it only states that it is security protected...I'm sure it is a big plastic white tag a little smaller than the ones put on clothes which nearly prevents you from trying them on let alone wear them as it is so awkward...this is the case in river island anyway so if shes wearing them..I'd say the main security tag has been removed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Feck worrying about the security tag, I'd me more worried with that nasty yellow rash all over her face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

What a thread! Seriously, they are stickers, not security tags. And they don't get taken off at the till, because they don't do anything. They are just a deterrent, that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Novella wrote: »
    What a thread! Seriously, they are stickers, not security tags. And they don't get taken off at the till, because they don't do anything. They are just a deterrent, that is all.

Deterrent to what? Just seems pointless to have a security tag that doesn't get removed at the till. Maybe I'm just getting old...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The security tags used for items that you can't pin the tags on- most commonly make-up and toiletries, shoes and sunglasses as well, are long white stickers. They're not taken off at the till, they're passed over a sensor to deactivate them. They can't be reused even if they were taken off.

Deterrent to what? Just seems pointless to have a security tag that doesn't get removed at the till. Maybe I'm just getting old...

That sticker that says 'Security Protected' is just a sticker. It's a deterrent to shop lifters? It's to make people think that yeah, it is a security tag, won't rob this. It doesn't come off at the till because it does nothing.
    Same with those strips of plastic people think are security tags on accessories etc. They're not. They are strips of plastic, the till does not deactivate them. They don't do anything.

That sticker that says 'Security Protected' is just a sticker. It's a deterrent to shop lifters? It's to make people think that yeah, it is a security tag, won't rob this. It doesn't come off at the till because it does nothing.
    Same with those strips of plastic people think are security tags on accessories etc. They're not. They are strips of plastic, the till does not deactivate them. They don't do anything.

Thanks - Any obvious reason why she wouldn't have cut it off herself? Is it supposed to look cool or something?

Maybe she'd just bought them and was trying them on when someone took a picture.

• Advertisement

Maybe she'd just bought them and was trying them on when someone took a picture.

Nope - she had them on for the entire journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Um, ours are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

And why the hell is some WEIRDO taking pictures of girls on the luas??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Are they not magnetic strips?? Maybe im thinking of the wrong tags (e.g. ones on the side of cds/games in hmv etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah they do

when i was in america i bought a camera. yer man deactivated the strips on the box but every shop i went into, the alarms went off when i passed through the sensors at the door.

when i got home there was on of those strips inside the box which he never de-activated. Wrecked my head the whole day, didnt know what was doing it

so they do work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What an odd thread.

Advertisement