Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hume Street Skin & Cancer Hospital

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

What's the story with this building? It is so run down which is a shame because it is quite nice. There were always sleeping bags etc in the front part, but now a homeless person seems to have cordoned it off into a little fort using traffic cones and cardboard. Meanwhile the whole building seems completely empty. There is some amount of rubbish around there too that never seems to be cleaned.

Pics to follow later...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I suppose that after the services moved to Vincents, the intention was to sell it on as potential optimum office space, but the recession got in the way of that plan. Presumably the HSE owns it and doesn't give a damn about it and will of course have to spend way more money fixing all the problems when the day to sell does come, rather than keeping it well maintained for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It was sold by the HSE a few years ago to a developer who owns a number of serviced offices around Dublin. his plans were turned down so it's been left go to ****. The plans were relatively modest too so it's unfortunate it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's a shame, it's a lovely building and that little square area is lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davida3/275413998/

Nice set of photos here taken after the move, lot of interior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It's got some lovely features inside. Hopefully it won't be left to rot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Here are some pics I took a while ago of the outside. I have never seen so much rubbish in one place in the city. It's fairly mank.

Apolgies for size of pics.

Advertisement