Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Bad Company a sequel to 1943 ?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Still playing Battlefield 1943 which I love but is Bad Company 2 a sequel to this game or similar in online play (but its set in modern warfare era). .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

nope its a sequel to bad company 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ehh, Battlefield 1943 is really half a game, an Arcadey game,

Battlefield BC2 as you say is set in modern day, with a lot more maps and gametypes.

If you enjoyed 1943 it is similar in playstyle, I'd say you'd like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ehh, Battlefield 1943 is really half a game, an Arcadey game,

Battlefield BC2 as you say is set in modern day, with a lot more maps and gametypes.

If you enjoyed 1943 it is similar in playstyle, I'd say you'd like it.

thanks, this is what I wanted to hear . .

What exactly was Battlefield 1943 then ? It wasnt part of a series, so was it just a trial game or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

A quick game made by DICE/EA..but still quite good. Hence it only costing 1200 points etc.

Only available through download and not on physical CD's.

Prob cause they could make it, seen a gap in the arcade market, and also to keep their BF fans happy in the meantime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Drumpot wrote: »
    thanks, this is what I wanted to hear . .

What exactly was Battlefield 1943 then ? It wasnt part of a series, so was it just a trial game or something ?

They just made it to fill the gap between Bad Company 1/2 i'd say. Also quite a gap in the market for decent fps "arcade" games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement