Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covert Affairs [US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Brilliant!...i'd say that was the best episode of the entire run, very well done....now *that* was a mature spy show episode!!...was anyone shocked at the use of the S word!! :eek:

Woah!....USA allowing bad language, great stuff!....that scene with Peter Gallagher was great, well acted to. Really solid story, probably one of the bigger budget episodes, again loads of location shooting. But....did anyone notice a specific scene?

Is Annie infected with radiation now?....in Xi Peng's office....she shook hands with him, a deliberate shot....next, Annie cuts her arm on the gate, then she places her hand on the wound, the same hand she shook Xi Peng's hand with......

Did anyone pick up on this?....are they gonna go there next season?, as expected Annie tells her sis she's a spy, but i didn't expect Danielle to kick her out......pretty good twist there!. that episode elevated CA to a genuine and legit spy show....excellent. Props to Auggie for the Star wars refrence!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

another great episode, it should be interesting to see if annie did get radiation poisoning, i doubth that yerman was stupid enough to infect himself,

the show has really grown into itself in season 2, some great episodes so far,

you have to give it them for doing such a great job on the locations, i dont think they throw a lot of money at mid summer shows on cable, which makes it all the more impressive,

i dunno if its a good thing that danielle knows, plus i think it would have been more funny seeing her trying to chase annie a bit more:D,

i dunno why there taking such a long break and not just air it completely, i heard theres only 6 more episodes to air, theres noting on IMDB past episode 9,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Really great episode. Something is definitely up though with that radiation!
    Danielle knowing is interesting and with kicking her out I wonder if this means that Danielle and the kids are out of the show starting in Season 2.5? Or will she magically change her mind?

Looking forward to see where they're going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a great episode.... I agree with Richard that Annie could be infected (and will probably be one of the lucky 20% to survive with treatment). And that will bring her and Danielle back together again.

Anyone else wince when Arthur pushed the State guy against the wall in the mens room? Watch it again - that guy really whopped his head!

^ USA are going to air the remaning six episode in the Fall...they said it at the end of last nights ep. - so sooner then expected.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/08/covert-affairs-season-2-fall-promo.html

Producers talk CA and what's to come: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Covert-Affairs-Finale-Postmortem-1036252.aspx

^ USA are going to air the remaning six episode in the Fall...they said it at the end of last nights ep. - so sooner then expected.
    its is fall:o

Some awesome pics from 2x13...Oded Fehr is back!...'splosions + location shooting!...woot!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/covert-affairs-episode-213-girl-like.html

• Advertisement

if my calculations are correct i think tuesday is november 1st, which is winter not fall, they should really fire whoevers in charge of scheduling over there:D

Don't forget, show returns TONIGHT for six fresh episodes!

I liked the 2x11 episode alot, the Venice location shooting was great....but, why not focus the episode ON/IN Venice?.....seemed a total waste to have it at the start and move to a totally different story for the rest of the ep.

The ETA main story wasn't too bad though, Annie had alot of chemistry with the chef. Jai....wtf?, so he played daddy to get a nice office?, eh?, Annie out on her own, she needs a built in shoe rack for Jimmy Cho's!!

Overall it was decent opener, i guess then Annie wasn't infected with radiation as not a mention, the ratings were a fair bit down on the Summer, it might have been wiser the premiere in January with White Collar:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/02/tuesday-cable-ratings-sons-of-anarchy-tosh-0-top-night-covert-affairs-workaholics-espns-unguarded/109415/

Decent enough episode... the stuff between Annie and Danielle is painful though. The sooner they resolve that, the better.

Also not sure where the story between Jai and Henry is going either... seems like a multi-episode story arc, but not one I give a crap about. No doubt it will end with one of them leaving the show. :)

Yeah, very good opener. Glad it's back but I have to agree their location shooting could use a bit of help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The UK premiere of Covert Affairs will be shown exclusively on Really (Sky Channel 248) Mondays at 9pm from the 7th of November 2011

WOO!....more location shooting next week! :D

Really liking this new direction with shooting in foreign locales, it adds alot of depth to the show, nce to see Arthur back :)

I just twigged that all of this season's episode titles are REM songs. :)

Anyone want to bet that the finale will be The End Of The World As We Know It?

Last tuesdays episode was great!, very much a Arthur-crentric episode, unlike Vienna this ep. was almost all about Berlin and shot on location!, amazing stunt/chase car scene as well, jaysus when the Porche flipped over!!...great stunt. The Auggie stuff...Devin Kelly is hecka cute though!

Sadly the ratings show it's not the right time to be showing a show like this, fell 20% and a 0.8 demo....

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/09/tuesday-cable-ratings-sons-of-anarchy-tosh-0-top-night-covert-affairs-goes-lower-workaholics-more/110138/

• Advertisement

I didn't think it was great at all. That car stunt looked good, but it was pretty stupid. If a car hit a bike like that, there is no way it would flip the way it did. It's like someone put a giant spring under it.

Last tuesdays episode was great!, very much a Arthur-crentric episode, unlike Vienna this ep. was almost all about Berlin and shot on location!, amazing stunt/chase car scene as well, jaysus when the Porche flipped over!!...great stunt. The Auggie stuff...Devin Kelly is hecka cute though!

Sadly the ratings show it's not the right time to be showing a show like this, fell 20% and a 0.8 demo....

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/09/tuesday-cable-ratings-sons-of-anarchy-tosh-0-top-night-covert-affairs-goes-lower-workaholics-more/110138/
    Have to agree, thought it was a fantastic episode.

id say there testing the waters for more primetime slots, see if they can compete with the networks in some way,

its already renewed so im not to worried, :)

2x13....it was just OK, honestly without the charisma and screen presence of Odeh Fehr it would have been meh, location shooting...in Washington D.C., ok not the most interesting of locales but location none the less.

Fehr made the ep. as the story was pretty bland, him and Annie have good banter and screen presence, hope we see more of him. The Auggie stuff....meh, we don't see enough of Devin to really care about this relationship, not sure i liked the idea of him using his CIA boss to try and change her assignment.

Overall, weak...weakest for at least a good 10 eps. , ratings....continues to fall:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/16/tuesday-cable-ratings-sons-of-anarchy-keeps-rising-storage-wars-tosh-0-covert-affairs-workaholics-more/110873/

0.7 and 2.258, ouch!....really hurting it's numbers, three eps left....sooner it's out of this danger zone the better, yes it's renewed but this time period is really hurting the show.

It works best during the Summer, White Collar seems to be stronger in dealing with primetime competition.

Mr E wrote: »
    I didn't think it was great at all. That car stunt looked good, but it was pretty stupid. If a car hit a bike like that, there is no way it would flip the way it did. It's like someone put a giant spring under it.

True...but it was still an ace stunt! :)

Good interview with Chris Ord and Matt Corman about the show (and what's ahead). They tease about things changing forever as a result of the finale, but it's spoiler free.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/interviews/2011/11/22/interview-covert-affairs-creators-matt-corman-and-chris-ord-981403/20111122_covertaffairs/

• Advertisement

Good interview with Chris Ord and Matt Corman about the show (and what's ahead). They tease about things changing forever as a result of the finale, but it's spoiler free.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/interviews/2011/11/22/interview-covert-affairs-creators-matt-corman-and-chris-ord-981403/20111122_covertaffairs/

Based on the latest ep. it's very obvious what the S2 finale "shocker" is, Annie has decided the do firearms and bodyguard training, so she'll obviously shoot someone in the finale, no doubt the bodyguard bit will become VERY handy for season 3 plotlines ;)
    The Covert Affairs finale is coming up and I’m dying to know what’s going to go on with Auggie and Annie. PLEASE tell me some good news. — Laura
    Well, the hour is truly an emotional one for the pair. Auggie experiences a devastating personal heartbreak, while Annie finds herself shaken by an event that takes place in Stockholm while on “vacation.” (Note the quote marks. This girl never quits working.) But the best scene comes at the end, when Auggie gives Annie a truly amazing gift

Based on the latest ep. it's very obvious what the S2 finale "shocker" is, Annie has decided the do firearms and bodyguard training, so she'll obviously shoot someone in the finale, no doubt the bodyguard bit will become VERY handy for season 3 plotlines ;)
    The Covert Affairs finale is coming up and I’m dying to know what’s going to go on with Auggie and Annie. PLEASE tell me some good news. — Laura
    Well, the hour is truly an emotional one for the pair. Auggie experiences a devastating personal heartbreak, while Annie finds herself shaken by an event that takes place in Stockholm while on “vacation.” (Note the quote marks. This girl never quits working.) But the best scene comes at the end, when Auggie gives Annie a truly amazing gift
    Hm. I'm not an Aggie shipper.

Covert Affairs | I cued up next week’s Season 2 finale, having had my curiosity well-piqued by Chris Gorham’s teaser about a “big choice” Auggie makes. Now, you may think you know what he was hinting at, but I’ll also throw this out there: An early scene finds Auggie visiting a doctor. Meanwhile, the A-story has Annie vacationing with Danielle in Stockholm, but of course that pleasure turns into business – and then downright danger — culminating with one of TV’s best cat-and-mouse-inside-a-creaky-house sequences in a while. Also: During their time together, Danielle is led to make an observation about Annie and Auggie that plays into one of the hour’s final moments.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/matts-inside-line-scoop-sons-anarchy-supernatural-gossip-gir/

So i watched ep. 15/16[season 2 finale] in the .am, as season finales go it was rather average, Stockholm location shooting woefully underused, an excuse to give Danielle something to do and Anne Dudek to earn her paycheck i guess?

They seem to be "going there" with Auggie and Annie, well there were subtle hints at least....i knew it!, toldja the "shocker" was Annie using her gun, and of course Auggie is still blind. Jai....lol, can his character get any more loathesome?

Played a blinder though, he often comes across as an idiot but i think he often plays a long game and people underestimate him. Overall these final six eps. were pretty pants compare to the very good 10 ep. Summer run.

Slight ratings increase this week and last, nothing compared to the Summer numbers....don't think USA should try this Autumn schedule again:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/07/tuesday-cable-ratings-teen-mom-2-premiere-american-chopper-top-sons-of-anarchy-finale-storage-wars-covert-affairs-moonshiners-more/112968/

Ah!...much needed imo:

Have you considered having a long-term villain instead of standalone villains?
    Matt: Yes. That's actually what we're figuring out now. We're going to be dovetailing into more long-arc storytelling in Season 3. I think it's something our audience will invest in. We're at the point now where we can start to do more in-depth weaving of narrative.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Covert-Affairs-Finale-1040541.aspx

yeah i think CA is more of a self contained series like dexter, no big cliffhanger end episodes, as they said theres no big baddie, which i think is fine as i cant see annie having a nemesis,

i liked how at the end when she was talking to auggie it looked like she had just come from a fairly cold place with the red on her nose and cheeks,

i thought the 6 episode were fairly good, not as good as the first 10 eps, but they took noting away from a very impressive 2nd season,

i think USA are trying to expand into the more lucrative prime time season of autum, winter and spring, so you cant really blame them for trying it out, and maybe the rating have been down but that nessearily mean theyll get less money,

roll on season 3

• Advertisement

I do really enjoy CA, but I have to agree that the finale was weak and rather boring. That scene in the house was not suspenseful at all and was wasted watching them creep around the house for about 3 minutes longer than necessary.

I'm glad they didn't magically give Auggie his sight back; I do believe that a sighted Auggie and Annie together is endgame for CA, but it's the path we're going to take to get there that will be the show. I mean, what is it suddenly after all that time that made Auggie go back to the doctor? Is it really the brunette girl, or is it Annie?

It was a waste of a finale. Of all the things they hinted at in the lead-up to the episode (Annie/Augie, big changes for Annie, etc.) none of it panned out. Instead, their big ending was around Jay selling his Dad out just to get Joan's job. Big whoop.

^ i don't deny season 2 was a BIG improvement, but it's still a bit too soapy/shippy....they have something they just need to nail down what the show actually is, it's lacks a real identity imo.

The Summer finale ep. with the toxin was fantastic, it was just well written and paced, it was the most "spy" episode to date. I only really enjoyed the Berlin/Arthur episode from the Autumn six episode run.

It's the sort of show you see potential but often they just squander it needlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The CIA seems too much of a family business in Covert Affairs, and I don't that it in reality there would ever be a high-ranking husband and wife working in close proximity with one another.

G'wan Annie you fine ting! :D

covert_425_FULL.jpg

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/covert-affairs-chris-gorham-talks.html <-- moe location shooting!, Puerto Rico and Barcelona.

• Advertisement

Season 3 kicks off tonight on USA (along with White Collar): http://tvline.com/2012/07/09/covert-affairs-season-3-preview-spoilers/

:eek: - jaysus!....that was a major reboot!, Jai murdered :eek:

Annie + Augie reassigned, it had four swear words! :eek: + Annie becoming a REAL spy!, even porking assets :eek:

Location shooting, not bad CGI sandstorm....solid story that isin't standalone spy-of-the-week fare. All round great stuff and a much needed reboot!

Lets hope there is a season long arch with this new guy + the murder of Jai....also note there are Auggie prequel webisodes online for this season.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/covertaffairs/sightsunseen/video.html#.T_1anfXHnIU

:eek: - jaysus!....that was a major reboot!, Jai murdered :eek:
    no he wasnt, hes gone undercover, why was he so flustered and annie just happens to get assigned to a case hes working on, also when annie was leaving that guy bumped into her to stall her, jai said he was coming for arthurs job, hes not quite that high up just yet and this is gonna give him a nice bump in clearance,

loving how this show keeps stepping it up a notch each season, i like annies new department,

don ramo wrote: »
    no he wasnt, hes gone undercover, why was he so flustered and annie just happens to get assigned to a case hes working on, also when annie was leaving that guy bumped into her to stall her, jai said he was coming for arthurs job, hes not quite that high up just yet and this is gonna give him a nice bump in clearance,

loving how this show keeps stepping it up a notch each season, i like annies new department,

According to the showrunners, he's dead: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/covert-affairs-season-premiere-jai-dies/

And, more deaths to come: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/covert-affairs-death/

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Covert-Affairs-Premiere-Death-1049781.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm still not convinced. The showrunner would have to play along to the whole Jai is dead line at this point in time.

Having said that though, putting an actor aside for a season might not be overly feasable, especially if the actor moves on to new work and may not be as available for the follow on season. I liked Jai, pity.

I don't know how I feel about the reboot. If it ain't broke don't fix it! I mean, it was a good episode but I don't see the point of changing the narrative to this extent

If Jai is dead, why is Sendhil still in the intro?
    Let's see if he is still there next week.

I thought it was a bit suss that someone followed Jai out when Annie went back for the umbrella.

Really enjoyed the opener though.... Is it wrong of me to automatically assume that Sarah Clarke is bad after her stint in 24? :)

I don't know how I feel about the reboot. If it ain't broke don't fix it! I mean, it was a good episode but I don't see the point of changing the narrative to this extent
    yeah but its just showing annies ascent in the CIA, season 1 she was fresh off the farm, pulled out early cause her ex was a wanted man, season 2 she became more independent, traveling more and learning how to balance her two lives, and how to act and be prepared for the life she has chosen, now shes more or less a full blown field agent, or not depending on how much you think she has developed in the last 2 seasons,

I think the reboot was much needed, you need to move things along. This show needs a baddie and series long arc, breaking up the tem could lead to better character development.

• Advertisement

But the point is that the organisational structure of the CIA doesn't or shouldn't usually work like that. It's the point that Joan was making to Sandy Cohen Arthur in his office. There was plenty of room for her to move up in the DPD; she didn't need to be moved into a new division (what division is it even?) under a new boss that more of a maverick and doesn't play by the rules.

Advertisement