Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covert Affairs [US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

But the point is that the organisational structure of the CIA doesn't or shouldn't usually work like that. It's the point that Joan was making to Sandy Cohen Arthur in his office. There was plenty of room for her to move up in the DPD; she didn't need to be moved into a new division (what division is it even?) under a new boss that more of a maverick and doesn't play by the rules.

Well Arthur reassigned Auggie...it made sense, as for Annie, someone higher up pulled her from the DPD, not Arthur. Her new section seems kinda obvious, they deal in turning assets and black ops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

But the point is that the organisational structure of the CIA doesn't or shouldn't usually work like that. It's the point that Joan was making to Sandy Cohen Arthur in his office. There was plenty of room for her to move up in the DPD; she didn't need to be moved into a new division (what division is it even?) under a new boss that more of a maverick and doesn't play by the rules.
    wanna tell us something;):p

it happened cause as richard said someone higher up the chain saw or heard about annie and feels like she has much more to add to the CIA, so shes taken her under her wing, makes sense to me anyway,

Poor Annie! :( - she was devastated and heartbroken when Auggie told her about Parker :(

Be still my shipper heart!....she loves him and wants to be with him, very good scene with Arthur and Jai's dad in prison. Arthur hired a team to watch Jai :confused: - are they hinting he might have been involved?

So...when did you cop who was the hacker girl?....i copped it when Annie and Auggie were standing and talking outside her apartment...before she turned up ;)

Solid second ep. - next week looks intense.

3/5

Mr E wrote: »
    If Jai is dead, why is Sendhil still in the intro?
    Let's see if he is still there next week.

I thought it was a bit suss that someone followed Jai out when Annie went back for the umbrella.

Really enjoyed the opener though.... Is it wrong of me to automatically assume that Sarah Clarke is bad after her stint in 24? :)

He was removed from the credits this week, he's 100% dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He was removed from the credits this week, he's 100% dead!

He could be dead like Sean Bean.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Solid episode this week. Enjoyed it a lot. Annie and Auggie have good chemistry.

Anyone notice the title sequence upgrade? They've gone from cell-shading in season 1 to computer models this season.

Solid episode this week. Enjoyed it a lot. Annie and Auggie have good chemistry.

Anyone notice the title sequence upgrade? They've gone from cell-shading in season 1 to computer models this season.

^ yup..this is the original, season 1 credits

Bit of a meh episode this week, Devin Kelley is pretty woeful as an actress, and it featured the nicest Somali pirates i've ever seen on tv!....besides that i didn't buy the locale to be anywhere in Africa, lol....could have been some rundown ghetto in LA :-)

Most interesting part was the ongoing battle between Joan and Lena....did Lena get Joan's previous husband killed in Nairobi?

That powerplay between those two women is pretty darn interesting to watch, wouldn't surprise me if Lena and Arthur hooked up back in the day also. So.....is Annie's sister gone for good?....lets hope so!

I thought it was decent enough episode. Worst pirates ever, though. :)

Best episode this season so far. Pretty sh*tty day for Annie! (and Auggie!)

• Advertisement

was hoping annie would hang around DPD for a while to see augies box with the constellation on it, parker was a total b1tch running out on a blind man like that,

2 week break, balls:(, cant beleieve its only 4 episodes in, feels like a whole season of storyline has been used already,

Best episode of season 3 thus far, i know i'm supposed to hate Simon....but the guy has good chemistry with Annie + she likes him alot more then working an asset.

Auggie.... :( , Gotta give props to Chris Gorham for his scene with Parker during the breakup, very good acting.....but, bottle over the head? :eek:
    I know he was drunk and upset and yer man was a douche, but cracking him over the skull with a bottle was EXTREME! :eek:

Will Arthur save him from the klink?....does the CIA have that much pull with the cops? :confused:

So Annie is back working for Joan....lol, that arc didn't last long. Solid stuff....good character development for Annie + Augie, strong season thus far :)

And....c*ck blocking.... :eek:

Best episode of season 3 thus far, i know i'm supposed to hate Simon....but the guy has good chemistry with Annie + she likes him alot more then working an asset.

Auggie.... :( , Gotta give props to Chris Gorham for his scene with Parker during the breakup, very good acting.....but, bottle over the head? :eek:
    I know he was drunk and upset and yer man was a douche, but cracking him over the skull with a bottle was EXTREME! :eek:

Will Arthur save him from the klink?....does the CIA have that much pull with the cops? :confused:

So Annie is back working for Joan....lol, that arc didn't last long. Solid stuff....good character development for Annie + Augie, strong season thus far :)

And....c*ck blocking.... :eek:

I had to rewind when I heard that because I thought that my ears deceived me, but they hadn't.:pac:

Another solid offering this week :)....location shooting, Oded Fehr and Daniella Alonso make for a perfect combo! ;)

I liked that the scientist guy copped it was his spy GF pretty sharpish...Auggie in therapy....hmmm, is this just a way for Auggie to have a new love interest?
    I like her alot more then i did Parker....so the band is back together @ the DPD.

Arthur got a job offer, will his ex and Joan have friction?....good ep. but not too much to report this week :)

With the latest ep. = the show jumped the shark :mad:
    WTF was that plotline with Simon + Annie....he's kills his handler to protect Annie because he loves her. But neither one said a WORD to each other after the deed! :confused:

Annie saw him kill yer man + he culd be seen looking at Annie, so they both know each other is a spy.....and that's it! :confused::rolleyes:
    Very poor writing, Simon is a seasoned FSB spy, love or not they should have said and acknowledged each other as spies at the airport.

I mean, no matter if he loves her, self protection will, should and would kick in at some point!

so they both know each other is a spy.....and that's it!

I never really thought of it that way. Very strange scene indeed. Decent enough episode otherwise though. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

More interested in the Jay storyline now, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I really didn't like that episode either. Mainly because it could have been so much better with less stupid writing.

Also I'm starting to think Arthur and Joan may leave to China after all and whatshername will be taking over the DPD?

I think Arthur will be found out as being somehow behind Jai's death, and will leave the show (dead or alive). Joan will move up to Arthur's job, and Lena will move to the DPD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Very poor writing, Simon is a seasoned FSB spy, love or not they should have said and acknowledged each other as spies at the airport.

I mean, no matter if he loves her, self protection will, should and would kick in at some point!
    He might have decided that a flipped CIA agent is worth more to him than Carlos.

edit: but in general I agree, that episode seemed poorly written.

I haven't seen the latest ep. - but bleedin' SPOILED it for meself by clicking on this!!!!!

http://tvline.com/2012/09/04/covert-affairs-season-3-episode-8-post-mortem/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

Simon is dead!
    :eek:

holy ****, that sarah clarke loves LOVES playing double agents:eek::eek::eek:

why is it whenever i dont watch a show the day its out it always good, i cant believe they just offed simon after all the work they put into him, and annie took 2 aswell for her troubles,

this show just keeps gets better and better and better,

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Wow! Looks like Sarah Clarke was a pain in the butt for Kiefer and now she's one for Annie. I didn't hate the previous episode as much as most people here seem to have however I found the last piece slightly confusing.

I immediately thought 'double agent' but is it staged? They want to bring him in, maybe it's a way of doing that. Annie should be dead too with the bullet wounds she received.

Having said that, given that Lena checked Simon for a pulse would make it look like she's a double agent.

I expect that Sarah Clarke will be seconded to Nikita now, so that she can take her husband Xander Berkeley's place.

3x11/12 titles+synopsis:
    Episode 3.12 - Wishful Beginnings
    Eyal and his boss request the CIA's assistance in tracking a Mossad asset.

Episode 3.11 - Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
    Auggie, Joan and Arthur work with an old friend to bring Annie home from a Russian prison.

Wow.

For the 2nd episode in a row. Loved the ending. :)

Curious about the blackbird/mirror scene (which was very well done). Is there more to Annie's past that we don't know about?

Wow.

For the 2nd episode in a row. Loved the ending. :)

Curious about the blackbird/mirror scene (which was very well done). Is there more to Annie's past that we don't know about?
    i think that was annie thinking of who she is or was gonna be when she was gonna run off with simon, you had her and danielle with the polygraph again with annie questioning who she is,

i don't think lena is this blackbird person, i think annie thinks shes blackbird, either that or as you said is their more to her past, or did i miss something earlier in the season about blackbird, i know jai was investigating a mole but he didn't mention anything about blackbird to annie at the diner, did he??

another good episode, but i had a big issue with how lena just put the blame on annie and arthur and the rest of the CIA bought it, lena shot both of them with the same gun, and then put it in simons hand, so if annie hit simon through the heart how the hell did he get the gun off her, never mind shot her, ill get over it, but someone on the show dropped the ball on that,

• Advertisement

Mid season finale tonight, returns in October.

Odd ending for the mid-season finale tbh. I prefer it to the whole will Annie die from last week and the week before (mainly because she is the main character, of course she won't die)... but this wasn't much of a cliffhanger episode either. Will Annie get out of Russia? Yep.

Odd ending for the mid-season finale tbh. I prefer it to the whole will Annie die from last week and the week before (mainly because she is the main character, of course she won't die)... but this wasn't much of a cliffhanger episode either. Will Annie get out of Russia? Yep.
    yeah it ended fairly suddenly, i was surprised she was still in russia, but how will she get out, i think it would be great if she got captured and the CIA ended up giving the Russians something important to get her back,bit to much for a show like this though id say:D

now that lena is dealt with, annie gets a chance to take on-board whats shes gone through in the last year, it hasnt been an easy year for her and shes barely had a chance to think,

renewed for a fourth season of 16 episodes, delighted:cool::cool::cool:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/25/covert-affairs-white-collar-royal-pains-renewed-usa/

Awesome!...well deserved as season 3 really stepped up the quality and stories.

looks like annie didnt
    get out of russia
    afterall,

and its back next tuesday:)

• Advertisement

Season 3 returns tonight, i actually have to see the final three episodes before the break, so i must try catch up before tonight.

You should, Richard... it got really good before the break.

Last night was a cracker too.... Good acting by Perabo in the first half, and a clever resolution to the story - I really thought they were screwed at the end. :o

I thought when
    Sarah Clarke
    showed up in the guest credits, we might have been in for a surprise, but it wasn't to be.

this show is just so good, another great episode, this show never seems to get the merits it deserves, there isnt a weak link in the cast, and the location shooting is superb,

i loved how she didnt get away with it so simply, and the interrogation was done very well, and it really showed how far annie has come from season 1, i wonder if shell still only be a field agent by the time the show finishes,

i wonder what job was yerman onto joan about when she was being debriefed about annie, its obviously moving fast seeing as she was out of contact so much, could she be taking lenas old position i wonder,

There wasn't a lot not to like about that episode. Lets just hope they keep this up!

• Advertisement

The latest was average enough, but definitely building towards something. I predict that someone is going to meet with a dose of ricin (maybe
    Eyal?
    ) before the end of the season. They telegraphed that a little bit...

4 to go....

i wonder if that key annie has actually opens something important that simon left for his sister in case something happened to him, and the she gave it to annie not knowing what it was, and now mossad wants it, they kept a firm eye on simon for a while and even had photos of him and annie in that file eyal gave her,

it looks like annie and eyal seem very confused about what to do, how to continue to play the game without compromising their "friendship",

Yeah a bit boring this week considering it sounded so good on paper. The whole Joan thing felt forced too; spy anonymous!? Stupid.
    I'm definitely thinking they key is going to lead to something, but I can equally see Annie trying to turn Eyal or vice versa by the end of the season.

Back to pretty good this week, but the next two episodes look fantastic.

Very good episode this week, but the Iraq arc seemed a bit tacked on.

The promo for the finale kind of gives some things away - hopefully it's misdirection.

another great episode, was expecting something to go wrong in Iraq for auggie with all the build up to him going there,

gotta love annie the girl knows how to get out of a tight spot,

with one episode to go it has to be said that season 3 has been great, over the 15 episodes so far id say 2 maybe 3 have been slightly below average,

don ramo wrote: »
    gotta love annie the girl knows how to get out of a tight spot

Agreed, the way she got out of the morgue at the start was very clever (opening the door and hiding).

By far the best series so far, especially since they sent her sister away and allowed more time for the dirty doings of espionage.

Anne Dudek went on to become a hypochondriac serial killer in a Season 8 episode of Criminal Minds. A step up or a step down? :)

Anne Dudek went on to become a hypochondriac serial killer in a Season 8 episode of Criminal Minds. A step up or a step down? :)
    she'll always be cutthroat b!tch to me:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement