Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covert Affairs [US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 3 finale tomorrow...i've missed half the season....i kinda gave up, dunno...see how i feel over the Xmas. Glad yall are enjoying and saying how good it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The finale was very good, and an ending that was 3 years in the making. :o
    The Eyal arc ended with more of a whimper than a bang, though.

What was in Henrys file? Dirt on Joan or Arthur?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mr E wrote: »
    The finale was very good, and an ending that was 3 years in the making. :o
    The Eyal arc ended with more of a whimper than a bang, though.

What was in Henrys file? Dirt on Joan or Arthur?

The speed with which she decided that she "was in" probably means that the file contains details of a surprise wedding anniversary party that the CIA is going to arrange for the pair of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

a good ending, to a very good season,

if a little annoying for the fact they dangled that file in front of annie (bastards:D), i doubt its dirt on arthur or joan, annie said yes far to quick, maybe its more intel on kalid and his organization, there isnt much that would make annie change her mind that fast, but i cant seem to think of anything beyond kalid/arthur and joan/jai/eyal/danielle/simon/ben

really looking forward to season 4 now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Falling in line here, good solid ending to a good season. Although, less mystique around Piper now that I've seen Looper (:eek:).

Roll on next season.

Falling in line here, good solid ending to a good season. Although, less mystique around Piper now that I've seen Looper (:eek:).

Roll on next season.
    was wondering how long before someone mentioned that:D:D

don ramo wrote: »
    was wondering how long before someone mentioned that:D:D
    i know why it's called looper based on the number of times I rewarded that scene.

based on the number of times I rewarded that scene.

I love when autocorrect on mobile phones makes bloopers like that. Quoted for posterity before FS changes it. :)

I'm not even gonna fix it :P Those cinemagoers were impressed at the number of times I rewarded that scene! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CSI NY's Hill Harper has joined the cast as a series regular

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    CSI NY's Hill Harper has joined the cast as a series regular

lol....more evidence that CSI: NY is headed for the axe.

lol....more evidence that CSI: NY is headed for the axe.
    covert affairs filming would be well wrapped by the time they start shooting the next season of NY, if NY does get renewed,

Thompson: Where is the Covert Affairs scoop?
    Right here! Covert Affairs is currently looking for a major recurring character for season four named Teo, a Colombian rebel leader. Teo is described as charismatic and intellectually curious, but he has big secrets about his past that will affect both Annie and Auggie.
    Molls: I'm really impatient waiting for Covert Affairs scoop, especially after all the adorable stuff between Annie and Auggie in the season three finale. Can you help?
    Season four's premiere episode will not exactly be a romantic romp for Annie and Auggie. In fact, there is some seriously dangerous stuff going down involving those two, but at least they're together! That's something, right? And there is a moment that Annie-Auggie fans will love involving a reunion that comes after one of them is caught in a nasty explosion. Yeah, like we said, seriously dangerous stuff happening in the premiere.

505_covert_425.jpg

great to see 2 of my favorite shows together on Wednesdays, odd that they moved white collar,

• Advertisement

OH!....shippy!!, smiley like a 14-year-old girl right now! :o

Ah jaysus!...dont tell me they going for a fuppin love triangle?...Michelle Ryan cast in multi episode arc for season 4, to put a spanner in Annie/Auggie i bet!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Covert-Affairs-Michelle-Ryan-1065567.aspx

Lol!.....USA are doing to excellent crossover promos.

Great start to the season. With this and Suits back on the air, Summer TV has well and truly started.

• Advertisement

Just finishing up series one and really enjoyed the show. It's fluff of the brightest and breeziest kind with episodes forgotten as soon as the credits roll which makes it the perfect fodder for lazy summer afternoons.

I do wish that there was a little more urgency put into the plots. The show constantly tries to put Annie in danger but there's never a sense that any actual harm will befall her. I know she the star and as such she's never going to be killed or seriously injured but at least in shows such as Burn Notice there are moments when it does look as if Micheal or someone he cares about will be hurt. It's a small complaint but one which if addressed properly could create some serious tension.

Just finishing up series one and really enjoyed the show. It's fluff of the brightest and breeziest kind with episodes forgotten as soon as the credits roll which makes it the perfect fodder for lazy summer afternoons.

I do wish that there was a little more urgency put into the plots. The show constantly tries to put Annie in danger but there's never a sense that any actual harm will befall her. I know she the star and as such she's never going to be killed or seriously injured but at least in shows such as Burn Notice there are moments when it does look as if Micheal or someone he cares about will be hurt. It's a small complaint but one which if addressed properly could create some serious tension.

it gets better which each season, like you said though they can hardly kill her off, but she does get tested, in season 1 shes only fresh off the farm, not even really, seeing as she was taken out before completing training

it gets better which each season, like you said though they can hardly kill her off, but she does get tested, in season 1 shes only fresh off the farm, not even really, seeing as she was taken out before completing training

It's not about killing her off but rather about making it feel as if she's in danger. The writing in series one is very poor and a lot of the time it feels as if the writers are just rehasing old ideas.

It's not about killing her off but rather about making it feel as if she's in danger. The writing in series one is very poor and a lot of the time it feels as if the writers are just rehasing old ideas.
    yeah she gets more field work after season 1, and they do a lot of location shooting also, which really helps with the look of the show, like you said its a nice easy to watch summer show, personally its one of my favorite shows,

Obviously USA is aware they have a proper spy show on their hands now and are treating it as one - evident IMO by them dropping the intro and going to a more 'serious' opening.

For the better. Episode 2 was fantastic. Covert Affairs is all grown up now.

For the better. Episode 2 was fantastic. Covert Affairs is all grown up now.

Good news indeed, think we all said there was a proper mature spy show to be had underneath Annie's shoes and love life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah very impressed with how this show is coming into it's stride now myself! The fight between Annie and the guy with the USB stick was really great! It actually felt dangerous! I'm well impressed! Also, one minor bugbear I had with the show was how Joan always seemed to come to work in evening dresses! She looked like work was something she did on the way back from, and on the way to cocktail parties! Love the new slightly rougher Joan! She looks more believable I think!

This is light years ahead of the first 3 seasons in terms of quality. Years from now when people are recommending this show as an overlooked gem, they'll qualify it by saying "stick with it until season 4".

That last scene in episode 6 was fantastic. I love Gregory Itzin, but it's hard to see Henry surviving the season....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah Itzin is great in it, as always. Hes fantastic at being an evil sneaky underhanded bad guy.

Also, if they ever do a live action Futurama he HAS to be cast as Nixons head, hes the spitting image of him.

• Advertisement

Great mid-season finale. Can't wait to see Henry's face when he finds out the truth. :)

The ending was kind of telegraphed a few weeks ago, but it was still good to see how it went down. Good to see a familiar face returning at the end (if only for a brief cameo).

Back on October 17th.

Great mid-season finale. Can't wait to see Henry's face when he finds out the truth. :)

The ending was kind of telegraphed a few weeks ago, but it was still good to see how it went down. Good to see a familiar face returning at the end (if only for a brief cameo).

Back on October 17th.
    yeah the show is just getting better and better, its very odd to see a show growing like this, the felling is so different to what the initial show was like,

id really like if someone just put a bullet in henrys head, but gregory itzen is to good to watch the conniving little sh1t:)

nice that its only gone for a month, hardly worth the break really

renews for another season of 16 episodes, happy days :):):)

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/usas-covert-affairs-renewed-for-fifth-season/

Started back last night. Not a bad opener, but not much happened.
    Stairwell fight was pretty vicious...

Looking forward to Henry's reaction. :)

Started back last night. Not a bad opener, but not much happened.
    Stairwell fight was pretty vicious...

Looking forward to Henry's reaction. :)

Digging the new dark hair. Am I right in thinking it's only Auggie and what's his name that know she's alive?

Digging the new dark hair. Am I right in thinking it's only Auggie and what's his name that know she's alive?
    yup just the two of them (Calder Micheals), not even joan or arthur know otherwise,

Thought this week was ok. Jays mum was spot on about Annie not being able to best Henry without becoming him

Solid ending to the season. The reunion last week was fun, and the finale was pretty tense. I do think the final showdown in the alley was a bit anti-climactic and there was no little twist or revelation at the end to set up next season.

Big step up in quality this year though.

• Advertisement

Solid ending to the season. The reunion last week was fun, and the finale was pretty tense. I do think the final showdown in the alley was a bit anti-climactic and there was no little twist or revelation at the end to set up next season.

Big step up in quality this year though.
    I felt the finale was a little flat after a pretty fantastic (and well paced, which is a rare thing to say about shows these days) season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I also thought the ending was a bit of a let down given the quality of the rest of the season but overall I'm glad I stuck with it until now. I only started watching the show earlier in the year, I didn't know anything about it when I began watching it, I didn't read about future episodes/seasons either, so I had no idea how it would change from what it started out as. I usually wouldn't watch shows like the initial 'version' of it but I'm glad I kept going with it.

this season has been great, the show is the standout show for USA, even with the credits being changed it has shown how the show has evolved over the last 4 seasons, it was like bubblegum TV when it started compared to what is has now evolved into, even white collar and suits have tried (and failed) to copy the season long arcs that the show has done the last 2 seasons,

i do think it was anti climatic the way it ending after all that chasing to just gun down henry in an alley, itzen is a great actor and brought a lot to the show, but i think his time was done, and the writer knew they had to leave him go, (unlike the homeland writers who just cant let go of lewis), i would have loved to have seen henry brought down to size a bit more, having more things he cared for taken away from him,

next season i think should be very interesting with annie coming back from the dead, i said after season 3 that i think she'll be in charge of some division of the CIA by the time the series ends, so i wonder will she get some kind of operative team to run, something like what lena was doing, and maybe eventually become head of DPD, and into the DCS position at the very end,

i wonder will they show her reunion with her sister,

Season 5 promo, its back the 24th of june

im really looking forward to this, looks like Annie stayed dark for a little bit after season 4, so it should be interesting to see where she is,

Back tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I bi
    ]bange watched seasons 1 - 4 just a month or so ago so was good not having to wait long for the new season...not sure how I'll go though watching it week by week.

Just finished watching S05E01 - I enjoyed it and the set up is there for another season long arc.

Not sure though
    what is wrong with Annie? Panic attacks? But what medication would you inject yourself like that with to stop a panic attack?

I love Auggie so I wish
    he and Annie were together, but I'm sure by the end of the season they will be again :p

And i knew i recognised McQuade from somewhere - he was Peter Baker, a cop on Home & Away for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I liked that opening. If anything they seem to have made the show even a little edgier. They certainly seem to have changed the way it's shot in some cases with a more moveable camera or something. It just looked rougher and a bit grittier and I really thought it was a good thing. Thinking back to Season 1 to where it was 'cute girl enrolls in the CIA' and was a cross between Chuck with a few nods to Alias along the way, it really has come a long way. Overall a great setup to the season. Not sure what to make of Arthur's friend in the private agency but it'll be interesting to find out. Hope Annie hasn't anything too serious. I can't remember just how Season 4 wrapped up but I didn't think that she had sustained any kind of injuries or anything that would bring on a condition of some sort. It certainly adds more drama.

Yep solid opener and setting up for a good season.

After a couple of weak-ish episodes, I think it got back on track with Episode 4.

After a couple of weak-ish episodes, I think it got back on track with Episode 4.
    yeah definitely, quiet enough start, im surprised they had the confrontation with the postman so soon though, im really curious to see where it goes now,

i think the heart condition is a bit unnecessary, and i hope its only gonna last the one season and shell go have that operation,

I enjoyed the mid-season finale, but it was a little bit paint-by-numbers. It sets up a nice back 6 though (I assume in October).

• Advertisement
Advertisement