Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covert Affairs [US] [** Spoilers **]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Mr E wrote: »
    I enjoyed the mid-season finale, but it was a little bit paint-by-numbers. It sets up a nice back 6 though (I assume in October).

i don't think it will be back until Winter, so after Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure it will be that long.

The last 3 seasons broke after episode 10, and came back in October/November.

http://epguides.com/covertaffairs/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

That didn't feel like a mid season finale. Fairly harmless overall. Nice bit of resolution to the plots but nothing earth shattering. We still don't know if Annie can cure her heart condition for instance or if Colder's hooker friend will come back to bite him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ye didn't really leave much to be excited about just look's like she is all out for that Georgian diplomat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is this show worth watching?

Yes. First season is harmless enough but enjoyable. It gets steadily better from there on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah it should be back late september early october, it said on the facebook page back this fall, so october at the latest,

i really liked it, their after sorting mcquaids side of the story now, and we have a much better view of what is happening, itll be interesting to see what happens with annie now, is she gonna go back to the CIA or what, cant see how shes gonna get the diplomat if she stays at mcquaids,

i dunno if i missed it or what, but did they say who was in the car with arthur,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

don ramo wrote: »

i dunno if i missed it or what, but did they say who was in the car with arthur,

The TV news bit at the end said it was Generals but I'm wondering if Arthur is the target.

preview for the back 6 episodes, for its return this FALL, so should be back in october some time

they seem to like holding back eyal for the back 6 episodes it seems,

Well I always like the storylines when Eyal shows up. Oded Fehr is a great actor. There also seems to be a natural chemistry with himself and Annie that adds to the show.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Well I always like the storylines when Eyal shows up. Oded Fehr is a great actor. There also seems to be a natural chemistry with himself and Annie that adds to the show.
    yeah the two of them play off each other perfectly,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 up on Netflix Canada.

Returning Thursday November 6th,

bad enough americans call autumn fall, but they dont even know wehn fall ends:)

Back tonight....

6 weeks later, and a bit of a limp ending I think.

If Gorham is leaving, it would have been more interesting if the incident in the debrief room played out. As it stands, it looks like a bit of a reset scenario (plus Ryan, minus Auggie).

Mr E wrote: »
    6 weeks later, and a bit of a limp ending I think.

If Gorham is leaving, it would have been more interesting if the incident in the debrief room played out. As it stands, it looks like a bit of a reset scenario (plus Ryan, minus Auggie).
    i dunno about that, i havent heard anything about him leaving that show, id say well see a time jump next season, probably arthur in the home straight of his senate run, Joan and Annie kicking ass in their new positions, and id be damned sure Auggie will turn up with next seasons new bad guy hot on his ass, something that will likely be related to Arthurs senate run

another great season of CA, a bit like last year in that it had a disappointing ending, no big set piece and not a lot of satisfaction in the big bad guys demise, they dont seem to do ending very well on the show, but if they can keep the other 15 episodes as solid as they have the last 3 seasons, then i dont really see any major problem,

Ah yeah, the season as a whole was great. I just wish they ended it better.

It seemed liked a series finale to me more than a season finale.

Has it been renewed?

Has it been renewed?
    i only just noticed that it hasnt been renewed yet, its rating have halved this season from last season, i didnt even realise that they fallen off so much, but id be fairly surprised if USA didnt renew it for a 6th and final season, maybe something like white collars 6 episode final season,

im actually kinda sad and pissed about the ratings, this is by far one of the better shows USA make, well that i watch, i also watch suits, white collar and satisfaction which started this year which was also pretty good, but CA is by far the best out of the 4,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I felt that was a series finale alright wrapping everthing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It was better than ever and they cancel it. Strange.

Shame, but it was a pretty good way to wrap it up. No massive cliffhanger.

That's a shame. This season was probably only OK by CA standards but pretty good relative to other shows. They came a long way from the very first season where it was far lighter and it's a little bit sad to see something that successfuly redefined itself as a serious spy drama go out with a whimper/

Luckilly USA have renewed Satisfaction. It's about their only show I have interest in now since White Collar has also gone. White Collar and CA were a great double act. I love Satisfaction to bits. It's a great show. I find Graceland to be fairly piss poor to be honest. Its about as engaging as a bag of sand. Hopefully USA have something waiting in the wings that will give me more reasons to watch their output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Quite disappointing and by the looks of the cast reaction there is no chance of a pickup elsewhere. I didn't think the ratings were that bad compared to other USA shows :confused:

• Advertisement

bollocks anyway, i was suspect on a renewal, but heard talks of a 6th season maybe 6 episode order to wrap things up, but obviously it wasn't to be,

i knew the ratings had gotten a bit low, 1.5 million average compared to 2.5 or so last season, but when you look at a show like Satisfaction being renewed with 1.1 average, youd wonder, albeit its a good show, as was CA

damn:(

Advertisement