Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FS: Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium (withdrawn)

• 18-03-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Time limited offer!

Looking to sell my Ksyriums SL premiums, hardly used, before midnight tonight and use the money to buy some Cosmic Carbones. Wheels have been used a handful of times, sub 1500g wheelset with titanium skewers, carbon front hub and bladed spokes. Come with a Shimano 105 10 speed cassette, probably about 200km on it, more or less. Looking for a firm offer of asking, quick sale!

107997.JPG
    107998.JPG
    107999.JPG

Come with wheelbags, bearing adjustment tool, spoke key and wheel magnet. Tyres not included!

based in Dublin, can deliver upon arrangement.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

what is asking?
    what is the range on cassette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Pants, could have sworn I put it down:

Asking Price €570.

Cassette is a 12-25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kilmessman

can you call me on these. number sent in PM. going offline now

Sorry dude, I can only call upon acceptance of an offer I think. Make me an offer :)

Oh, 1 set of Carbone ED11 left!!! Tick tock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

:eek: look what happens when i go for a nap in the afternoon...
    hmm... campag freehub body necessary. if i didnt need to eat I'd be all over it

• Advertisement

abcdggs wrote: »
    :eek: look what happens when i go for a nap in the afternoon...
    hmm... campag freehub body necessary. if i didnt need to eat I'd be all over it

I have one arriving from CRC shortly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Looking for a firm offer of asking, quick sale!

Firm offer of €300. Can collect. Extras not necessary.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Firm offer of €300. Can collect. Extras not necessary.

Appreciate the offer but no thanks. Like I said this is not a sale out of necessity. The wheels are nearly new and I'm only going to let them go for asking so I can upgrade, otherwise I will be hanging onto them.

The wheelbags are quite nice btw, pair are 40 euro new :)

You're nothing but a siren tempting me onto the rocks of destitution...
    4045961.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,156 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sorry dude, I can only call upon acceptance of an offer I think.

No, you can call. Just post the offer on the thread afterwards.

The "no PM dealing" rule is just about transparency. It doesn't matter who posts the information if it's in good faith.

• Advertisement

Thanks for clearing that up, I got on to Kilmessman anyway because it was my bad not including the asking price.

And here I was thinking you were making an offer :(

I'm nearly tempted to just buy the carbones anyway, these would be handy wheels for sportives and hill climbs.

Obligatory DO IT vid

I'm nearly tempted to just buy the carbones anyway, these would be handy wheels for sportives and hill climbs.

1750g Carbones for hill climbs? Are you nuts?

The wheels you have are fine. Are you selling them because they didn't make you faster? If so, the Carbones are likely to just be a more expensive disappointment.

Seriously, there's no point in having two sets of expensive general purpose wheels.

If you're keeping the Ksyriums as tough all-weather wheels, get some Reynolds Assaults. Same price, less weight, more bling. You have multiple bikes, so it's not like changing pads will be an issue.

Or bite the tubular bullet and buy some used tub 404s.

Or just keep the Ksyriums and deal with 1% more drag or whatever.

All in my (no doubt wrong) opinion, of course.

:)How can this be allowed, surely you of all people should embody the fredful spirit of BUY BUY BUY, DO IT, SHOW ME THE MONEY, whichever you like. seriously though you're meant to be the guiding light of this forum, first i see you on a velo... now this... I'm shocked!

Sorry Dirk, didn't mean to derail your thread. They're lovely wheels though, those Ksyriums. I'd buy them off you if I didn't have nice wheels already.

Lumen wrote: »
    1750g Carbones for hill climbs? Are you nuts?

The wheels you have are fine. Are you selling them because they didn't make you faster? If so, the Carbones are likely to just be a more expensive disappointment.

No no, that was the Ksyriums I was referring to. The carbones would just be a race wheel.

Anyway, not going to get the offer I am looking for at this late hour. You can close the thread now, I'm happy to wait a year and get some racing under my belt before buying a set, I'm just too easily tempted by any kind of offer :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement