Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butane Gas Cartridges

Options
  • 18-03-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy a good few butane cartridges, about 25 - 30, as I am going on a big camping trip and I have 3 gas stoves to be using. However I am also looking for them as cheap as possible. I found them on ebay, but they won't deliver to Ireland, is there any shop up north or even in Dublin that would do them cheap???

olgas_600.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Which type of cartridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

I have two here but it doesn't have a particular number or name with them, they are the exact same ones as the ones in the picture.

I couldn't find the different types of butane cartridges on the net, by a quick search.

These are also the same:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3402007/Trail/searchtext%3ECAMPINGAZ.htm

YourName wrote: »
    I have two here but it doesn't have a particular number or name with them, they are the exact same ones as the ones in the picture.

I couldn't find the different types of butane cartridges on the net, by a quick search.

These are also the same:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3402007/Trail/searchtext%3ECAMPINGAZ.htm

There's 3 types I know of, the ones you puncture, the ones that clip on and have a valve and the screw on ones. You can get the puncture ones dirt cheap online.

Its the ones that clip on, where online is the cheapest???

Its the ones that clip on, where online is the cheapest???

Sorry, dude, I don't know, since I use the screw ones myself. A quick google says Argos have them, and you're looking at 60-90 quid for the amount you're looking for.

Just as a matter of interest, where are you going (or for how long) that you need so much gas? 30 of those would do me five or six months of non stop use!

• Advertisement

I have found out that they are called "Campingaz CP250 Cartridges" or equivilent.

I was under the impression that these didn't last too long, soI thought I would need a good few. I am going on a 3 week camping tour around Ireland, there is about 5 people going, so this would be the only means of cooking. I picked up 3 gas stoves last year on the cheap and I thought it would be easy to get cartridges for them cheap. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to ditch them due to the price of the cartridges and get another stove or two if it is going to be cheaper in the long run. What would you recommend???

I have found out that they are called "Campingaz CP250 Cartridges" or equivilent.

I was under the impression that these didn't last too long, soI thought I would need a good few. I am going on a 3 week camping tour around Ireland, there is about 5 people going, so this would be the only means of cooking. I picked up 3 gas stoves last year on the cheap and I thought it would be easy to get cartridges for them cheap. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to ditch them due to the price of the cartridges and get another stove or two if it is going to be cheaper in the long run. What would you recommend???

I don't know, to be honest. I'd say your Argos link is probably your cheapest bet. Buying new stoves would porbably be just as expensive as the gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Argos are quite cheap.
    A multi fuel stove might be an option you want to look at, Coleman do a relitivly cheap stove that can run on petrol.

Advertisement