Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couples things to do Courttown

• 18-03-2010 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi All

Myself and the Hubby are heading to courttown for a week in April
    Can anyone give me some tips of things to do in and around courttown, also good place to eat

I know Courttown is small so willing to drive 30mins in all directions

Many thanks

Littleroo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Hi littleroo,

Eco for eating is a must to start with... it is in gorey so not to far. but there are many other lovely places to eat. The Royal garden Chinese on the roundabout is very nice also.
    In courtown you have Out of the Blue which has a great reputation but i personally haven't eaten their in a good while so down know what it is ike now..
    As for other activities it really depends on what you are into...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Littleroo

Thanks for the tips Marlie2005

I'd love to do something outdoorsey !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Well there is loads of horseriding in the area, walking on the beach at old bawn( near ballygarrett) or curracloe is also recommended. In courtown itself you have forest prk woods with trials to follow, this has been extended recently and is a lovely place to take a stroll..

Also there is swimming in Forest park (indoor of course ).
    In case of rain you have bowling at Pirates Cove plus all the usuals a seaside resort can offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Basically, most suggestions you will get here won't involve anything in Courtown itself. Personally, I'd look elsewhere if you are not committed. If you are, the 30 mins radius you suggest will give you lots of choice.

There is the Irish National Heritage Park, Quad Biking in Clonroche, great beaches in Curracloe, Horse trekking in Wexford Town, loads of great restaurants in Enniscorthy & Wexford Town.

Just expand on the interests and more info can be given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Courtown has got a pretty bad rep for being full of Dubs over the years, but the main reason they all go there is cos it's actually a pretty nice place - honestly took me a long time to figure that out ;)
    Seriously though, there's lots to be done around the area
    • go deep sea fishing with the fishing shop in Courtown (beside post office)
    • Pirates Cove
    • Forest Park
    • Some fantastic walks in the woods of Courtown
    • Horse riding (google)
    • Beaches in Courtown, also travel few miles north or south for longer stretches of sand (esp Clones beach, 10 mins north)
    • Good dining in Gorey (eat in Eco, do not eat in that chinese at the roundabout, was very good but have heard lots of horror stories over past few months, try out the Kin Khao thai restaurant - v nice)
    • Explore some of the small clothes shops in Gorey
    • Wooded hillwalking on Tara Hill (5 min drive)
    • Walk up Croghan mountain (15 min drive)
    • Explore the beauty of Ballythomas Hill (15 mins)
    • Do a pub crawl in Gorey (honestly, tis fair going to get them all done)
    • Visit the car boot sale in Inch on Sat morning and try to nab a bargain or two
    • Treat yourself to something special in Marlfield House, depending on budget you could attend one of their garden parties, call in for afternoon tea with scones, or go for one ofthe best dining experiences in North Wexford with the evening ala carte (not cheap)
    • Book in for a luxury spa treatment in Seafield Hotel
    • Play 18 holes on pretty much any level of golf course in the area (Bunker Bar for par 3, Ballymoney for cheap and cheerful full course, Courtown for very fine parkland golf course, Seafield for top notch sea side links, Wooden Bridge for a challenging and very picturesque few hours)
    • and lots more
    Whatever you do hope you really enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Littleroo

Wow thanks for all the help guys, really appericate it....we are going to have a great time !

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

I wouldn't recommend Out of The Blue to anyone, my family thought it was awful.
    The woods in Courtown are lovely to walk through, bring a camera :)
    There's a mass rock and a cross in it somewhere that are fairly easy to find.

If you're really really stuck, there's a cinema in Arklow. (which would be about fifteen minutes away from Gorey)

Advertisement