Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moodle

• 18-03-2010 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

Does your school use moodle
    mine does

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

No, the only online facility used is 'Vocab Express', which has truly been the bane of my Transition Year. So much French Vocabulary... WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME INTERNET!? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!

Only other thing is my Physics teacher gets us to e-mail him our homework.

So no, no Moodle for us. Is it worthwhile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I thought only universities used moodle . . .???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The school I work in uses Moodle.
    Very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Superbus wrote: »
    No, the only online facility used is 'Vocab Express', which has truly been the bane of my Transition Year. So much French Vocabulary... WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME INTERNET!? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!

Only other thing is my Physics teacher gets us to e-mail him our homework.

So no, no Moodle for us. Is it worthwhile?
    Yeah I think it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Charles Iqbal

Hi, I'm doing a bit of research on vocab express, I would be grateful if you could clarify how you have found it to use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Hi, I'm doing a bit of research on vocab express, I would be grateful if you could clarify how you have found it to use.

It's been a good way of keeping my store of French vocab ticking over in Transition Year, what with the incentive of the class leaderboard, and different levels. I certainly prefer it to the alternative, which is weekly vocabulary tests. I'd recommend it for TYs, it's a rare moderately academic interlude but it serves it's purpose quite well. In other years though it'd probably be better to stick to a different, more class or exam specific course.

The only thing is that my French teacher is, funnily enough, French, and he found several grammatical and spelling mistakes. He did e-mail the guy who runs the site, and they were amended. There might still be some though, so I'd watch out for that.

In terms of academic innovation, I'd give it a 6. A step in the right direction, but internet learning needs massive fine tuning.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

moodle is a great thing really, free to use for the school, veyr powerful and notes are available to students when they wat them e.g. studying for tests at home etc.

Advertisement