Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing laptop motherboard

Options
  • 18-03-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi there

The USB ports on my girlfriend's laptop have been broken and they are soldered onto the motherboard, so to fix the problem she needs to replace the board.
    Her laptop came with Vista preinstalled, and she will be replacing the board with another of the same model, so I'm just wondering what will happen when she tries to boot up after replacing the board? Will it work, or will re-activation be required?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Have you actually taken the laptop apart yet? cus u cud just get sum1 to solder it back on... Ive had to do that before with the power connection on my laptop. the hardest part was trying to take the laptop apart...

identical motherboard will need re-activation but your current key will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

Nothing.
    It shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement