Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE HYPER AMAZING WORLD RENOWNED VEGGIE "VEG-UP" WEEKEND 2nd-4th April

Options
  • 18-03-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

title says it all really. so who is going, and who has to be dragged kicking and screaming until they like it.

PS I forgot to mention in the title it's in Killarney

WILL YOU BE GOING? 2 votes

YES
    0%
    DOUBLE YES
    0%
    YES AND I'LL BRING A FRIEND
    0%
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS ( ALSO YES)
    100%
    smegmarBootsy. 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Madrid for me that weekend. Very diverse poll you've got going there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

smegmar wrote: »
    title says it all really. so who is going, and who has to be dragged kicking and screaming until they like it.

PS I forgot to mention in the title it's in Killarney

It would help if you had a little more information on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i just clicked yes because the letters were all big and shiny! :D

more details smegalisious please!

maameeo wrote: »
    smegalisious!

That just sounds so wrong. lol.

I defo cant come the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Em... well the details are, a big field off in the wilds of Kerry, far from civilization. (to be confirmed by electro, but there's no lack of fields thar) we bring tents, veggie food, and as much drink as you can haul. arrive Friday afternoon, start a campfire and pitch tents while it's bright etc etc
    step 2: something
    step 3: profit

also I like that smegalisious comment.

• Advertisement

@moonbaby, can you come for the Saturday and Sunday then?

@moonbaby, can you come for the Saturday and Sunday then?

If a field is confirmed probably.
    If someone tried to walk on, much less set up tents on my property. I'd have the shotgun out. And the person would lucky that I had got them first, and not a herd of defensive cows.
    So I don't fancy your chances of squating just anywhere.

I wonder if there is an easter egg hunt somewhere down there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Pretty much the same for myself as Moonbaby...could be there for the Sat and Sun but not the Fri night sadly...that date already had a booking plus i absolutely cannot miss Friday classes anyway:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm from Killarney! So er...throw questions at me!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I'm from Killarney! So er...throw questions at me!

1) What is the maximum distance between the earth and the sun?

2) Can a man eat his own head?

3) Where is my lucky red sock?

4) By volume how much eucalypti will an adult male koala eat in a year?

5) What is the slope to the tangent of the curve 9x² + 4y² = 40 at point (2,1)

6) Who was phone?

7) so any good camping places in Killarney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

aw i think i love u smeg i really do *sigh*

unfortunately i wont be able to attend, maybe in a few years when alicia is older :/ lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll bring soup, but I would prefer if it were further into the summer, as I may be starting a filthey cleaning job soon, and won't know what's going on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Deadlines :/ Will see, feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

If I can get myself sorted out for money etc by then, I'll go, but it's just a maybe for now =(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

What is the maximum distance between the earth and the sun?

curtains
    2) Can a man eat his own head?

yes
    3) Where is my lucky red sock?

in sockland
    4) By volume how much eucalypti will an adult male koala eat in a year?

1 of the volumes
    5) What is the slope to the tangent of the curve 9x² + 4y² = 40 at point (2,1)

yes
    6) Who was phone?

me
    7) so any good camping places in Killarney?

Not really, to be honest! There are a few campsites alright. Dunno what they're like though. Or if they are even open at this time :pac: I guess camping in one of the parks is a possibility, unless the rangers kick ye out. Hahaha. I'll ask around for more info!

hilarious. well done lia.

if there is any friendly farmers you know of, we could all agree to give like a fifer or something and use a small corner of his field. it doesn't have to be a proper campsite, in fact I think it's best if it's not. We can't be loud and insane when there's a nice family from germany trying to sleep in the next tent.

Go ask around anyway, middle of no where is prolly best, if this is your first veggie veg up, you're going to have so much fun

so yea week and a bit to go. I think we need a mini dublin meetup for those who can make it, to see how ware for food and tents etc etc.

Who is around this weekend sunday?

I might be around....tents are half price in Argos at the minute.

I will be able to run people from Dublin down to Killarney on Saturday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not a chance I can go. Have fun! back to work in the library lalala

Due to bad weather we're going to have to call this one off for the time being. also it seems many people are in exams and the such.

I will start a thread when we have planned another camping trip for us loverly veggies. before that I suggest a small meetup in Dublin so all the new folks can see we're not raving internet lunatics.

P.S I have been informed some of my earlier post may seem pushy and demanding. I really was trying more for aggressively encouraging and I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding, i'm really a nice guy promise

• Advertisement

P.S I have been informed some of my earlier post may seem pushy and demanding. I really was trying more for aggressively encouraging and I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding, i'm really a nice guy promise

Nobody has actually said that though, this is just a complaint I have heard from other forums when people have made similar posts.
    !
    A veggie beers to meet new forum users is in order!

I look forward to camping in Sunshine! :)

Advertisement