Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye cream - necessary?

• 18-03-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i have a question - i cleanse and moisturise everyday etc. but was wondering should i be using an eye cream at this stage of my life or is it too early? I'm 24 btw:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm 25 and use Nivea eye cream sometimes, can't do any harm!

Do you use suncream? Using a high factor suncream would do your skin more good than an eye cream, stop the damage in the first place. I use Factor 50 on sunny days and wear sunglasses a lot, protect the area.

Edit: Apparently all the anti ageing creams are meant to be used from your late 20's onwards, to prevent it, all these women in their 40's/50's starting to using them is like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Spadina wrote: »
    I'm 25 and use Nivea eye cream sometimes, can't do any harm!

Do you use suncream? Using a high factor suncream would do your skin more good than an eye cream, stop the damage in the first place. I use Factor 50 on sunny days and wear sunglasses a lot, protect the area.

Edit: Apparently all the anti ageing creams are meant to be used from your 20's onwards, to prevent it, all these women in their 40's/50's starting to using them is like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Em ok! Maybe i should start using it so.....i wear makeup practically everyday - Revlon colorstay and that has spf 15 so i thought that would be enough for me??? I use Neutrogena comfort balm moisturiser which i find great so wonder if they do an eye cream also...

Depending on skin type factors vary, most Irish people could do with factor 50 on very sunny days but I know few people do it. It was just a suggestion, prevention is better than cure and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Depending on skin type factors vary, most Irish people could do with factor 50 on very sunny days but I know few people do it. It was just a suggestion, prevention is better than cure and all that.

Yes you're right there alright - thanks for the advice!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I always wear it, can't hurt. I probably could be better with the spf though which defeats the purpose I suppose:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Edit: Apparently all the anti ageing creams are meant to be used from your 20's onwards, to prevent it, all these women in their 40's/50's starting to using them is like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

From what I've read on blogs, in magazines etc if you use anti ageing products too young then they do nothing because your skin doesn't need them i.e. RoC retinol products are no good on a 20 something because your skin is still young and plump.

I think the general age for switching from moisturising products to firming or anti-ageing is mid 30's as your skin does start to change at that age.

It could all just be hocus pocus and we maybe should just stick with the ponds cold cream like our grannys did but if you have young skin then I'd avoid the expense of anti ageing products until you need them.

One word of advice to 20 somethings, definitely definitely definitely use sun cream with at least 30spf from March-October. In the winter an spf in your moisturiser is probably fine as the sun is weak and there are very few hours of daylight. But once you can feel the heat in the sun, like over the last week or so, slap on that spf. You will absolutely notice the difference in your skin when you're in your 30's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭pooch90

In school our biology teacher said that using anti-aging creams will strip youthful skin and leave you more prone to skin cancer so beware

How would it make it more prone to skin cancer?

Advertisement