Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bereavement counselling?

• 18-03-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi all,
    (first of all apologies if this was posted in the wrong section! if it needs to be moved ive no problem with it)

recently there was a close death in my family and my mother is looking for some bereavement conselling in the dublin 12 area if possible or in the same region although all options are appreciated:)

anybody have any ideas?

many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Emoran wrote: »
    Hi all,
    (first of all apologies if this was posted in the wrong section! if it needs to be moved ive no problem with it)

recently there was a close death in my family and my mother is looking for some bereavement conselling in the dublin 12 area if possible or in the same region although all options are appreciated:)

anybody have any ideas?

many thanks!

Try Valmount's idea. I deal with a lot with this area in my line of work. I just wanted to pass on a few things. A lot of places, for example the hospice's services don't really offer it until about six months after the death. I'm not a fan of this but understand the reason and it is logical. Basically they delay it to give the person sometime to process things.

Some schools of thought made the point that it can take up to two years to process a close loss and up to four is it was a partner, of course some people never process it.

However, my personal and professional thoughts are that is someone needs the space to speak, give it too them. So check your local directories for services. You may find that your mother may engage in it for a while, and then return to it later as she further processes the loss.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement