Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showcase Weekend in Portlaoise Easter Weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Acts confirmed include The Keepers, James O' Connor, Eva Queen, Emer Dunne, Voodoo, Terry, Dave Morrissey, Adela Meally, Rapunzel's Wig, Global Trad Underground, and Shane Booth.

So, anyone know what type of music any of these acts play? pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

what kind of place is portlaoise
    is it a quiet town
    does it have alot of trouble
    i was there for a day, there seemed to plenty shopping facilities.
    it was quiet on that day, not many out shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I found on here that some people from portlaoise have a bit of a negative outlook on the the town and as they know the place better than me, their opinions might well be justified but I personally love it down here. I'm from dublin and bought a house down here 2 years ago with my girlfriend. In that time some big stores have opened so we have really no need to leave the town to go shopping except just for a day out. There are plenty of great pubs and restaurants but the nightclubs aren't amazing, but they're good enough, i've yet to have a bad night out in the town. There's plenty of facilities around the town and lots of clubs to join afaik. The town is pretty quiet, especially during the week but at the weekends it does be busy. I personally don't think theres much trouble around. Yes there are one or two dodgy areas but everywhere's the same and there's a lot rougher places around than portlaoise. Dont really know what else to tell ya, as a blow in I love it down here but i'm sure some people might disagree with me too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

adser53 wrote: »
    The town is pretty quiet, especially during the week but at the weekends it does be busy.

and you're picking up on the local lingo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

and you're picking up on the local lingo :D

NOOOOOOO!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement