Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn of War 2 on my new PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Physically check the length of the card, what is it 10 inches in length dual slot?

Check if you have that much space inside, use a measuring tape if possible.. sometimes Dell PC's have a lot of clutter and plastic in there making it hard to fit a big graphics card like a 5850.

A corsair 550 watt power supply should be fine, about 65 euros or so on Komplett, but again doublecheck if that Dell takes normal PSU's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Unlike the Dell Dimension the XPS range seem to all have standard ATX supplies now so that should be fine. Like Jonny7 the length would have been be my main concern as well, as the 5850 is in the region of 10.5" or thereabouts, but people on other forums appear to be able to fit it into the XPS 8100 case without any problems so it seems, if in doubt no harm to get out the measuring tape to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

in my experience, upgrading a dell pc is a lesson in disappointment and frustration

the proprietary nature of them is just a nightmare..

Advertisement