Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to think about this SAAB?

• 18-03-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Looking at this ad for a SAAB dirt cheap but looks like it's been doing some off roading, tyres are steel wheels instead of alloys and there's massive scuffs on rear and front bumpers.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-5/LPT-LINE/201004196733878/advert?channel=CARS

I suspect this car came off the road and damaged the front bumper and alloy, so the dealer had to put steel wheels on instead.
    Pretty grave chances of damage to steering linkage etc?

B/E??
    Looking through ads I've come across an acronym I never seen before.
    B/E - I know A/T is automatic transmission, p/x parts exchange but what is B/E?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

It's about a third or a quarter of the price of other similar cars on carzone so you're right to be suspicious. Certainly get a competent mechanic to look at it before considering it seriously.

I don't know what the B/E stands for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It has the bits of damage all round & the drivers side rear wheel looks to be pushed out on top but that may just be the picture.
    If you are looking for something to tidy up, its worth having a look I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Waits for Saab Ed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

B/E... big end? As in big end bearing failure, not uncommon in neglected Saabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

it looks a bit of a dog really...
    if the outside looks like that from the last owner... i would hold up much hope the rest of the car, engine and stuff is in better condition..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

B/E = Business Edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! I would be looking closely to see if there is SH with it such as the lastest PCV upgrade and was the sump dropped to check for sludge in the engine oil strainer as these are notorious for that, and for smoke from the exhaust that MIGHT indicate turbo failure. Get a good mechanic to check it over.

P.S. a learner driver might have been using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I would avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

Thanks for your help guys.
    Probably will give it a miss, why buy a car that already has problems when there's so many good cars out there for about the same price.
    Specially for a Saab, which can be very hit and miss I hear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement