Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins-Heuston Train Service

Options
  • 18-03-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are considering a move to Sallins, as it works out an even commute for both of us (me to Maynooth and her to Clondalkin). I searched for info and found a few negative threads - has this changed now with the new lines and upgraded stations?

This will only work for us if the trains are reliable, and I gather they were not until recently, is this correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

efla wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are considering a move to Sallins, as it works out an even commute for both of us (me to Maynooth and her to Clondalkin). I searched for info and found a few negative threads - has this changed now with the new lines and upgraded stations?

This will only work for us if the trains are reliable, and I gather they were not until recently, is this correct?

i find them to be superb. clean and fast. I use them around 10 times a month. either at 7 in the morn or later at 10ish . never peak.
    they are late once out of 10 and only by 5 mins. For me anyways

irishrail.ie has time tables.

the beats the hell out of sitting at newlands cross for 20 mins in a car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

If you are leaving Sallins before 9 and returning after 4 from Heuston you shouldnt have any problems, the services are very regular and there are plenty of trains. My OH travels daily to Heuston and never has any bother. The last train from Heuston to Sallins is 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sparse

How much is a return ticket from Dublin?

Advertisement