Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search function on mobile

Options
  • 18-03-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

I was trying to search for something in the mobiles forum on my n97 mobile.
    When i went into the search function via the link at the bottom. Typed in my query and hit the go button. Instead of showing results it just refreshed the page.

I've tried it with both options of search posts/threads and neither work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Still not working, whats the craic?

Remove the option if you aren't going to support it so people don't waste their time...

Anyone care to comment?

Keith

Tried again earlier on my mobile.

Still not working?

Any input from boards staff on this?

Note that I tried a longer string as 'n97' was too short but there was no error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No idea, sorry, I'll move this to the site development team to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

None of us in the office have Nokia phones I'm afraid, so it's going to be hard for us to test this problem.

I'll try to replicate this on Monday.

In the meantime, can you tell me:
    • Are you using the default web browser or a third-party one?
    • Are you using m.boards.ie, the default skin on the full site or a non-standard skin?

Conor wrote: »
    None of us in the office have Nokia phones I'm afraid, so it's going to be hard for us to test this problem.

I'll try to replicate this on Monday.

In the meantime, can you tell me:
    • Are you using the default web browser or a third-party one?
    • Are you using m.boards.ie, the default skin on the full site or a non-standard skin?

Hi Conor,

I'm using m.boards.ie with the default nokia browser. Standard blue/white skin.

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    Hi Conor,

I'm using m.boards.ie with the default nokia browser. Standard blue/white skin.

OK, thanks. That narrows it down. I'll try to reproduce it on Monday.

I still haven't been able to replicate this, nor have I found anyone from whom I could borrow an N97 to test this. All the smartphones in the office appear to be iPhone or Android phones.

It's still on my list of bugs, but until I can test it there won't be much progress made, sorry.

Color,
    Thanks for replying. I've sold my N97 anyway and jumped on the Android bandwagon too so I'm not concerned with it anymore.
    If I have any bugs on the Desire ill be sure to let you know.
    Keith

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement