Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music practical

Options
  • 18-03-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Lads, my music teacher told me that genre doesnt matter, so i went away and picked 6 songs to play on my guitar. She doesn't know much about the practical side of things, and upon telling her that 2 (maybe you could call it 3) of my songs were metal, she said she's never had a student playing metal for the practical.

Am I ok with these 3 tunes? It's a little late to be learning 3 new songs so I hope so! My test is 2 days shy of a month away like!

The songs in question are:

Laid to Rest
    Reclamation
    The Passing (This one shouldnt really be a problem, its very very light)

All by Lamb Of God.

I'm also playing 2 songs by Alice In Chains, and one song by AC/DC.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Sorry for the bump but I seriously need this answered!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

f**k them play even if they don't think its ok \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Sorry for the bump but I seriously need this answered!
    Email the SEC perhaps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Here's all you need to know.
    http://www.examinations.ie/schools/Music_2009_Notes_for_the_Information_of_Teachers_and_Candidates.pdf

It's for last year's exam, but the essential information is the same.

Personally I would have thought a couple of different types of pieces would show you have the ability to handle your instrument well (fnarr).

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

While I'm sure playing the metal is fine, examiners like to have a lot of variety, which I'm not sure you're providing them with.
    I sang for my practical and went from popular music (Beatles, Frank Sinatra) to an Italian aria and some Irish traditional as well. In my group singing I was even more diverse.They really apreciate a wide range, just to show you're capable of more than one genre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement