Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carrigaline traffic lights

Options
  • 18-03-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

those new lights by rosies are a complete and utter joke, took 9 minutes to get through them this morning. the planners or c.c or whoever is in charge of the village is slowly ruining it. you cant get in or out of dunnes with the flow. easier and quicker to go to douglas these days. plus the main street is closing for re sufacing on mon. for about 6 weeks i think. god help the business people in the village trying to make a living.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Agreed.

I drive from Cogans Corner to the Catholic Church, and huge problem is idiots parking on the double yellow lines in front of Duanes Butchers/Bridge bus stop, that stops my traffic passing the stationary traffic that wants to turn to the Strand Road (the Lidl road).

Alas, the traffic lights are a necessary evil. Cork Co Co loves round abouts, but even it would not build one next to the Bank of Ireland, there isin't enought space and the area is too urban.

The only other traffic solution I could see would be to have Left turn only traffic from the Lidl road towards church hill.

Some polician boasted of turning off the light to ease traffic, but that was in the run up to Christmas, and its now forgotten about, and its back to business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Things are even worse now, roads have been dug up for ages the traffic is just crazy!

I don't know what they're playing at tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

its such a terrible situation now that i have taken to avoiding the village altogether now. it is totally chaotic. the place is being wiped out !

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Its ridiculous, the road is fully open now again but its still in crap! I drive a bike and a low car so its very very uncomfortable driving through! To be honest i can't remember when the traffic situation in the village was delt with properly!

And where's the promise of the newly surfaced road down through the village promised about 6 years ago! They don't care!

Took me twenty minutes to get down the big hill by the corner house and through the village a couple of weeks ago! :mad:

its a flipping joke. the whole place is a total and utter disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DerMutt

Apparently, Cork County Council are (finally) going to resurface the Main Street later this year. The way they left it after the drainage upgrade works were done is a bloody disgrace. I saw one of the workers using one of those whacker vibrating plates to finish the tarmac! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Koro

Now there are two more sets of traffic lights on the Crosshaven Rd it's beyond a joke. Plus they dug up the footpath by the park again they only finished it last month. Where's all this money coming from and why don't they do something useful with it :mad:

saw in the paper, they re re surfacing the whole of the main street at long last. it will take 2 weeks apparently:confused: but at least it should be a proper job when its done.

Advertisement