Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Love Ennis

• 18-03-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

I'm not from Ennis, But I absolutely love this beautiful little town. I come from the N/E, where everything has been sacrificed to progress.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I'm an out of towner too, Ennis is a quaint enough place compared to some other similar size towns in Ireland tbh. There are worse places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 john12

I haven't been in Ennis with years but they were a bikers pub near the bridge is it still there ?

Mod Edit: Spammy link removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

john12 wrote: »
    I haven't been in Ennis with years but they were a bikers pub near the bridge is it still there ?

I think you're referring to "The Lifford",formerly known as MT Pockets,it's still there alright under new management but it's a shadow of it's former self :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    I think you're referring to "The Lifford",formerly known as MT Pockets,it's still there alright under new management but it's a shadow of it's former self :(

Thats not a shadow, thats just dirt.

I too, love Ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Ennis is a hole, living here 23 years since i was 7 !
    place is full of scobes knacks and beggers now
    every second pub and shop is closed down,
    ****e nightlife,

WHY DID I EVER LEAVE AUSTRALIA AGHRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The Lifford hasn't really been a biker bar in a long time. They've started opening up the back room for gigs and it's full of metaler looking ravers though.

I'm a bit bored of Ennis at this stage but it's got a lot of positives. And the nightlife is pretty hopping for a town of its size. There's a young demographic around the town so there's usually something going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

BOBBY wrote: »
    Ennis is a hole, living here 23 years since i was 7 !
    place is full of scobes knacks and beggers now
    every second pub and shop is closed down,
    ****e nightlife,

WHY DID I EVER LEAVE AUSTRALIA AGHRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

I dont disagree with you Bobby about knacks etc but compare Ennis to similar sized towns around Ireland and it really isnt that bad. Would prefer to live in ennis than Limerick any day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

The Lifford hasn't really been a biker bar in a long time. They've started opening up the back room for gigs and it's full of metaler looking ravers though.

I'm a bit bored of Ennis at this stage but it's got a lot of positives. And the nightlife is pretty hopping for a town of its size. There's a young demographic around the town so there's usually something going on.

I miss the days when the barmaids in the lifford were some of the best looking girls in town and the pub wasnt completely overrun with crazy poles and scobes. It used to be great fun in there!!!
    It really has gone so far downhill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Nevermind_ wrote: »
    Would prefer to live in ennis than Limerick any day too.
    ahh ya totally agree with you, slight exaggeration on my part !! tis a grand town really, but its the same ding dong the whole time it gets very repetitive, ! and I'm stuck here now, ..
    should of worn a johnny :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

BOBBY wrote: »
    should of worn a johnny :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

AHAHAHAHA.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There's still fairly tasty barmaids in The Lifford. Props where they're due. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

No matter what town you go to in Ireland the locals will complain about it being crap whereas if people visit it just for a weekend they love it,it's just the way it is unfortunately:(!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Tis nice enough till the knacks move in to your neighbourhood.im outta here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 icewitch

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Tis nice enough till the knacks move in to your neighbourhood.im outta here

Well, they moved into my neighbourhood actually right across the road, health board paying the rent for them, while i work everyday to pay my mortgage!! GRRRR:mad:. Couldn't agree with you more, town is full of them, they seem to have come out of the woodwork in the last year and are renting private houses all over the town. Completely pisses me off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

icewitch wrote: »
    Well, they moved into my neighbourhood actually right across the road, health board paying the rent for them, while i work everyday to pay my mortgage!! GRRRR:mad:. Couldn't agree with you more, town is full of them, they seem to have come out of the woodwork in the last year and are renting private houses all over the town. Completely pisses me off!
    exact same story here. Working off my mortgage while these boys & girls get everything for doing nothing.They moved in down the road.It seems the less you do in Ireland the more they (biffo & the honchos)reward you. Oh well. Just gotta get got on with it I spoze.Fcuked up country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

i love ennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    exact same story here. Working off my mortgage while these boys & girls get everything for doing nothing.They moved in down the road.It seems the less you do in Ireland the more they (biffo & the honchos)reward you. Oh well. Just gotta get got on with it I spoze.Fcuked up country.
    Hey; whatever town you go to there's gonna dem..they can be peckers too: The one down the road wod be looking in the window of the street givin out..uno! Gets annoying, I think the reason they live in a house nowadays is because "biffo" & "honchos" dont wanna have caravans all over the place! Ahh well..dats like spose then!

Ennis is a nice town, I thinks its okay bearing in mind that "dem" people are everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

i love ennis

I don't.

Advertisement