Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lookin for info on a charismatic homeles 'tutty' that went around ranelagh 20yrs ago?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

He had a generally grizzled look to him with a mad-scientist bald head with the sides growing out, he always wore a long heavy coat and big boots, no matter the weather.

His trademark was that he used to have a blaring ghetto-blaster on his shoulder 100% percent of the time, even when you were trying to talk to him; generally playing terrible 80's music (well it was the 80's at the time :) )

He used to call by our house and ask for a cup of tea, and no matter how much sugar you put in it he'd ask you whether you'd put any in at all.

Just interested to see if anyone remembers him, we called him 'tutty' but he was pretty mad so I spose he had a lot of names.

cheers
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Yeah I remember him,knew him as Tom Tutty.Use to get tea off my mother aswell.I think he lived on the train line up near that bridge where the cowper luas stop is now

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

weird i thought he was called Tully. He took some rashers and an egg out of his pocket one day for my mum to fry. He died a few years ago (maybe 10 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭edzillion

yeah thats the guy, I think I heard that he lived over 'the broken bridge' too and that makes sense because I lived quite close to there.

Now, I wonder does anyone have a photo of him?

Advertisement