Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Club???

Options
  • 18-03-2010 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi there, as someone who is a native of Cork and who has lived away for a number of years, i returnd a few years back and lived in the City for a bit. I was looking for a club or social organisation to join, and came across Macra na Feirme. I've now been a member for a few years and it's been great craic-i've gotten involved in things i never thought i'd do such as quad surfing, public speaking, playing tag rugby, heading off on double decker buses on Mystery tours,making a show of myself acting, singing and dancing on stage to mention but a few things! Above all, it's been a great way to meet people (especially having been away for many years) and have a bit of a laugh.
    But recently a few poepl have been saying to me that there is no club in Cork City, and I was wondering if people would have interest in joining such a club? There are already lots of clubs in Cork and the rest of the ocuntry, and it really is a great way to make friends and have the craic.

Macra is a youth organisation for 17-35 year olds and traditionally would have been predominantly made up of people from rural backgrounds. It focuses on 6 key areas of development, if you're still wondering what it's all about take a look at 'Seandun macra' on facebook or www.macra.ie

I'm just wondering if there is interest out there in setting up a group like this??? I think it could be brilliant and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Advertisement