Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary teachers/B.Ed students...HELP

Options
  • 18-03-2010 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm in 5th year and primary teaching is the only thing I want to do! I'm working my hardest but I might only get 475 or 480 points (I'm aiming for 500 but i have to be realistic)..Anyway, B.Ed is 475, so If I just about scrape 480, do you think I'll get in? I knowthere's competition and everything..I'm applying to all 4 primary teaching colleges but pats is my number one choice..If I don't get accepted, I'm thinking of doing B.Ed in the North or in england...does anyone know how many points that would be? ANY HELP HERE! Thanks smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

The UK do not operate with the points system. HL Irish/Irish is not needed either but to teach in the Republic it would be needed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The B.Ed course doesn't train you in fortune-telling;). I don't think any teacher/B.Ed student will be able to tell you what points will be!

As regards training in England, I know diddly-squat about that, so I'll let somebody else take that up. You'll need to pass an Irish exam (called the SCG) to be fully qualified to teach in an Irish primary school

Don't forget the postgraduate route to primary teaching either. If you need more info ask.

If you or anyone else wants any info on the B.Ed in Ireland, in Mary I in particular, I'm more than willing to answer questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

ucas.com for all the UK stuff :) Points are involved in that process. You have to write a personal statement to persuade the universities, and then and interview usually so I'd stick with here if I were you, its easier if you work hard. If you have any questions about the UK then PM me or post here, I applied this year (though not for primary teaching).

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

very difficult to predict what the points will be, but they're unlikely to change dramatically. it's also difficult to predict what points you will get! believe me, my predictions were way off what i ended up getting. so if you feel you can get 480, then there's no reason you can't get 500+ which would be plenty.

have you had a chat with your careers teacher? might have some helpful info for ya, although the guy i had back then was about as useful as a catflap on a submarine!

Advertisement