Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All the way 'round 2010

• 19-03-2010 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Some of the lads from the Motors forum are planning to do a sponsored drive around Ireland in aid of the Irish Cancer Society.
    More info is here.

I was hoping some of you creative types could help us with some ideas. There's a thread started here about photography ideas, and I know we need to work on some photos for the promotion of the event (do we do posed photos, do we do "mock ups" where we take photos pretending we're already on the event?), as well as taking photos on the way around (here's the route, does anyone know of any really good photo ops along the way?).

I've seen some deadly stuff from longshanks, steve06 and more over my time lurking here, hopefully you can help us out with some ideas for some really compelling imagery to get people interested and feeling generous.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

For photos marcinek55 springs to mind. Also the user fajitas is good with a camera I believe? Will it be put up as an announcement for all boardsies to see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yep, we'll ask for a sitewide announcement. We just want to get the fine details ironed out and some promotional prep done before we draw that many eyeballs to it.

We're at the stage where we've got the why, when and what decided, but not the how or the who (and we're pretty settled on the where - everywhere!!). I'd like to think that when we post the announcement and the hundreds and thousands of boardsies see it, we'll have some cool pics and other stuff there for them to check out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Good call on marcinek55 too - half the photos on "here's what I saw today" are his at this point. That's a proper car nut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

-Chris- wrote: »
    Good call on marcinek55 too - half the photos on "here's what I saw today" are his at this point. That's a proper car nut!
    I think someone requested giving him his own thread :D

He could construct his own boards motors mag....

Wait... that's a good idea. Sell a little mag with all his pics? All proceeds go to charity? Be worth looking in to, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

If you want car photos done properly, Paddy@CIRL is your guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

If you want car photos done properly, Paddy@CIRL is your guy.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055844795&highlight=Paddy%40CIRL

http://www.pmcgphotos.com/portfolio

He has some top notch stuff !

Wonder could me make a strobist/meet-up out of all of this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

does anyone know of any really good photo ops along the way?
    Having driven around Ireland a few years ago, I can highly recommend the Northern coastline, Ballycastle>Portrush>Portstewart>and accross to Donegal, but.........your route seems to bypass that !! (and also Strangford Lough, oh well, its a pity, but I see ye are limited to 3 days, so that explains it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Having driven around Ireland a few years ago, I can highly recommend the Northern coastline, Ballycastle>Portrush>Portstewart>and accross to Donegal, but.........your route seems to bypass that !! (and also Strangford Lough, oh well, its a pity, but I see ye are limited to 3 days, so that explains it).

Yeah, the causeway coast route (think thats what its called) its spectacular. It includes a few fast twisty stretches to looking out onto the atlantic ocean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

the 3 days really puts a limit on us but its part of the challenge, we'd love to travel the whole coast but its just not posssible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dazza27

is this event still happening ? would like to know more !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dazza27 wrote: »
    is this event still happening ? would like to know more !

yup, it is - here's a forum link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1330

and the website is www.allthewayround.org

Advertisement