Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Quarter-Final Draw thread

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

who does everyone think will win the french tie between bordeux and lyon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Bordeaux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not sure, Id lean toward Bordeux, but Lyon do have the european experience, and tend to raise their game a little in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kryogen wrote: »
    Not sure, Id lean toward Bordeux, but Lyon do have the european experience, and tend to raise their game a little in Europe

when playing a domestic rival, I don't see how the European aspect comes in to it.

when playing a domestic rival, I don't see how the European aspect comes in to it.

really?

really?

really. thought the same last season vs Arsenal for United. The style of football your opponent plays is unlikely to be much different to how they would play when you meet them in the league, or more accurately domestic cup competition.

Maybe the occasion will get to the Bordeaux players more - but I don't really think the style of the game will surprise them of differ much from domestic games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Bord have been far more consistent this season, plus the second leg at home. They already beat Lyon 1 nil at the Gerland and Lyon have only looked worse since then. We lost last night in fairly pathetic fashion to Marseille so not a great season at all. Ligue is gone I reckon but hopefully grab a CL spot and sack Puel.

really. thought the same last season vs Arsenal for United. The style of football your opponent plays is unlikely to be much different to how they would play when you meet them in the league, or more accurately domestic cup competition.

Maybe the occasion will get to the Bordeaux players more - but I don't really think the style of the game will surprise them of differ much from domestic games.

its the occasion that i was getting at really, the signifigance of a domestic meeting and a 1/4 final of the premier european club competiton are very different imo

its the occasion that i was getting at really, the signifigance of a domestic meeting and a 1/4 final of the premier european club competiton are very different imo

fair enough, i though you were simply stating more experience at playing in Europe.

fair enough, i though you were simply stating more experience at playing in Europe.

no, just the occasion, its unchartered territory for the Bordeux players, whereas Lyon have been here regulary lately

• Advertisement
Advertisement