Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nice to see Rooney being his usual quiet, mannerly self to the referee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Fernando kicking the penalty spot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Alan Greene - "look at Ferguson, get back in your cage Sir Alex"

:eek:

Disgraceful from a commentator, showing serious bias.

Funny though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol, that shouldn't have been a penalty. Standard. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Think it was Carragher, maybe Gerrard that pushed him. Kinda funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Just seen a replay of Torres kicking the penalty spot, I'm guessing thats what Ferguson and Benitez were on about on the touchline?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Well known Liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i would love to be on RAWK now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Torres kicking a divot in the pentalty spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Masch should have got red and Torres yellow.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm watching it on a stream but did Carra push Masch after it had been given?

He did, which considering how many penalties Carra has given away is ironic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I remember a similar incident with City when Richards got done for a foul that started outside the box and pretty much everyone said it should be a penalty.

I wonder if opinions of some have changed now.

wayne

kryogen wrote: »
    his momentum took him in, tough for the ref imo

Momentum is fine but the offence occurred outside the box, should not have been a pen. Matters not a jot, the game is back to all square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

lol at the replay of Torres kicking the penalty spot :)

Never should have been a penalty, started outside the box. Again no consistency from the ref's as regards the booking.

Great save from Reina, but the luck is with Rooney these days!

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    i would love to be on RAWK now
    "Valencia & Webb demonic conspiracy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

what was that all about? Petulance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Unsportsmanlike yeah but a smart move.

People jizz over Fergie for his mind games, that was mind games by Nando, taking Rooneys mind off the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If a player consistantly pulls a players arm for about 10 metres, and in the last 5 metres, they enter the penalty area, can a penalty be given under the assumption that for the first 5 metres the ref was playing advantage, and the last 5 is basically another foul for which the penalty is given?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Xavi6 wrote:
    I remember a similar incident with City when Richards got done for a foul that started outside the box and pretty much everyone said it should be a penalty.

Not mine. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Alan green has never made it a secret that he despises Alex ferguson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Never a pen

Xavi6 wrote: »

Ah yes but this is nothing like that so opinions can change all you like, as none of this offence occurred inside the box there is no similarities except that you felt hard done by then and Liverpool fans feel hard done by now. Only one set of fans has a reasonable complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

usual decision that united get at old trafford. to be expected. no point in getting outraged at something we always knew would happen

Don't think I commented on it, and I couldn't give a **** about whatever silly point you are trying to make in relation to it.

This penalty, in this game, should not have been awarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Webb gifts united a penalty that wasn't, how surprising, he's a ****ing clown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great by VDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

PHB wrote: »
    If a player consistantly pulls a players arm for about 10 metres, and in the last 5 metres, they enter the penalty area, can a penalty be given under the assumption that for the first 5 metres the ref was playing advantage, and the last 5 is basically another foul for which the penalty is given?

If there no advantage is gained then play is pulled back to where the 1st contact is made

lol, Ms. Ferguson and Benetiz from the commentators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yeah it has happened before in the Premier League, can't remember which match, but i'd say the ref should have to indicate and advantage being played?

Of course he will use it as a way out after the match when asked considering the speed of the incident. In fairness though it is a tough one to be calling at that pace, the linesman should be making those calls.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't think I commented on it, and I couldn't give a **** about whatever silly point you are trying to make in relation to it.

This penalty, in this game, should not have been awarded.

Less of the attitude thanks.

The point is the two incidents were similar, I thought that was pretty obvious from the statement.

I think Carricks gone missing

Go on Neville!

If there no advantage is gained then play is pulled back to where the 1st contact is made

Surely getting a penalty is an advantage?

The point is the two incidents were similar, I thought that was pretty obvious from the statement.
    The issues are not similar at all though, as mentioned above.

Have a look again.

what would be new there?

Carrick has been **** at passing today, and Park's touch has been woeful. They are messing up our attack at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

You realise it was a Liverpool player who pulled down a player who had a clear shot on goal right?

waited until he got into the box and then fell over!! - some NECK utd supporters have calling stevie g a diver then get all self righteous when its one of their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Never a peno but Mascherano should have been off, and would most likely have been if a free was given. So i don't think Liverpool are any worse off than they would have been if the right decision had been made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Carricks playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In this case, for me, if the ref lets it go outside the box and the fouling continues inside the box, then yeah definate pen.

In this case obviously it should have just been a free outside the box as the foul only occurred outside the box.

The issues are not similar at all though, as mentioned above.

Have a look again.

I don't want to dwell on it, but it wasn't a peno. Agreed on that.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Happy enough tbh, Webb chickened out of the sending off because he gave the peno, he probably would have got out the red card if he'd also given the correct decision of a free outside the box. Two bad decisions but all in all prefer to lose the goal that a man for 80 mins.

Very unlucky for Reina that the save bounced so kindly for Rooney.

Liverpool are looking very dangerous going forward

We are really not that good defensively anymore for some reason

Frisbee wrote: »
    Carricks playing?
    Wait found him giving away a free :pac:

• Advertisement

john47832 wrote: »
    waited until he got into the box and then fell over!! - some NECK utd supporters have calling stevie g a diver then get all self righteous when its one of their own

I do have a big NECK. Its the CAPITALS that make the point.

Who is getting self-rightous here? United players dive all the time, why wouldn't they. In this case, as I said, I thought it was a free kick outside the box, but it was clearly a foul by Mascherano who frankly was lucky to stay on the pitch, so what exactly Liverpool fans are feeling hard done by is beyond me.

the passing is pretty ****e isnt it

Who cares? Any post that has the words "pretty much everyone" in it is also irrelevant. Who is "everyone"? I'd imagine most people don't even have a ****ing clue what incident you are on about (I have not a breeze?)?

Irritating attempt at point scoring on your behalf. Why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Carragher has the graceful stride of a horribly disabled mule. That made me lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

john47832 wrote: »

You do realise that Jamie Carragher was lucky to stay on the pitch at Anfield, don't you?

All swings and roundabouts. Stop acting like Liverpool get nothing against us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement