Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Less of the attitude thanks.

The point is the two incidents were similar, I thought that was pretty obvious from the statement.

Attitude? You brought up some silly thing related to City for an incident that was nothing like it to try and get a dig in at people. Thats the poor attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Valencia looking very dangerous. Nice to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

oh!!

thats a chance, wish it had been Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Argh, wrong player. If that was Rooney.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Park ya gotta do better, seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Anyone but Park. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Ahhh Park!! Great chance.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

CSF wrote: »
    Never a peno but Mascherano should have been off, and would most likely have been if a free was given. So i don't think Liverpool are any worse off than they would have been if the right decision had been made.
    Dunno about the sending off, looked like he would have been caught by any of the several defenders nearby.

Great cross there by Valencia, Park should have tested the keeper, defence should have been closer to him too.

does Torres ever stop bitching?

he is actually worse the Ronney

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Torres won't be finishing this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finally Torres gets a yellow.

Brilliant.

Torres accuses him of diving.

So we can add hypocrite to the list now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fernando needs to chill the **** down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Good game so far. Torres looks like he can score everytime he gets the ball. As for United, they look afraid of the big occasion.

more sht from Torres, the bad side of his childish personality really comes out in big games

No, he is always at it, is annoying TBH, particularly when he is playing badly, booked now, fully deserved, Andy Gray says unlucky, I disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Torres yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Torres not playing nice, a yellow card for his troubles.

Torres now should be off, as he shoulda been booked for dissent.

---

OMFG< THE REF NEVER GIVES ANYTHING FOR UNITED> HE IS CLEARLY IN THE REFS POCKET

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Definite red card for a Liverpool player today I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

copacetic wrote: »
    Happy enough tbh, Webb chickened out of the sending off because he gave the peno, he probably would have got out the red card if he'd also given the correct decision of a free outside the box. Two bad decisions but all in all prefer to lose the goal that a man for 80 mins.

Very unlucky for Reina that the save bounced so kindly for Rooney.

There were other players around him not last man back. Valencia diving again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Calm down Torres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

come on Valencia doing a sit down protest

Torres will have to cop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Used to have a lot of respect for torres as a player but he really has turned into a petulent mouthy little whinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Dirty from Torres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Who cares? Any post that has the words "pretty much everyone" in it is also irrelevant. Who is "everyone"? I'd imagine most people don't even have a ****ing clue what incident you are on about (I have not a breeze?)?

Irritating attempt at point scoring on your behalf. Why bother?

Point scoring? I was stating that this sort of thing happens all the time and now Pool fans are another set who know what it feels like to be wronged by it.
    Attitude? You brought up some silly thing related to City for an incident that was nothing like it to try and get a dig in at people. Thats the poor attitude.

There was no dig. It's easier to empathise with a situation if you have been on the receiving end of it, that was the point.

And yes, the incidents were similar.

Not everyone is out to get you. Defensive much?

Get up Paddy.

Both teams trying to out-be-a-twat each other at the moment.

who is the favorite for first pool player to get sent off?

Another good ball into the box from Man U. Somebody should have been on the end of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The whole Neville/Furgeson/UTD team and subs calling for a red card for that epitomises all that is wrong with the game of football.

It's not fitting behaviour on any kind of a sporting field. Utd don't play sport, they play games.

• Advertisement

happy to get a corner from that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Lovely hit from Nani.

karma_ wrote: »
    The whole Neville/Furgeson/UTD team and subs calling for a red card for that epitomises all that is wrong with the game of football.

It's not fitting behaviour on any kind of a sporting field. Utd don't play sport, they play games.

Can I ask why its ok for Benetiz to question the decision that it should have been a penalty, but its not ok for Fergie to question the decision that it should have been a yellow card.

Ever heard of double standards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

yeah some people take it too seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Point scoring? I was stating that this sort of thing happens all the time and now Pool fans are another set who know what it feels like to be wronged by it.

There was no dig. It's easier to empathise with a situation if you have been on the receiving end of it, that was the point.

lol, GOOD JOB!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ah boy Paddy Evra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

United waking up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Valencia avoids his left foot like it owes him money

Read much?

The situations were different as for one, the offence continued on into the box but on this occasion it didn't. You can empathise all you like but the situations were different. Valencia was not in the box when the offence started or finished, kryo has already pointed out that it was his momentum that took him in and it was. There was no offence in the box and so there should not have been a pen. As for the red yellow debate, I would have to see again, I think there were a couple of defenders nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

PHB wrote: »
    Torres now should be off, as he shoulda been booked for dissent.

---

OMFG< THE REF NEVER GIVES ANYTHING FOR UNITED> HE IS CLEARLY IN THE REFS POCKET

It doesn't exactly work like that PHB.
    He very likely may not have committed the offense he gained a yellow for if he was already on a yellow.

• Advertisement

Rooney isnt great at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

:D

Touchy
    Gwan the Nando!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

quarryman wrote: »
    Used to have a lot of respect for torres as a player but he really has turned into a petulent mouthy little whinger.

What like Robbie Keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Valencia avoids his left foot like it owes him money

Should that not be "like he owes it money" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Who cares? Any post that has the words "pretty much everyone" in it is also irrelevant. Who is "everyone"? I'd imagine most people don't even have a ****ing clue what incident you are on about (I have not a breeze?)?

Irritating attempt at point scoring on your behalf. Why bother?

I and plenty others remember the incident in question, and myself and Xavi were two of the few who argued the peno against Richards should have been a free.

I think it's a valid question to ask.

Nani isnt tracking like he should

too much space

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Liverpool are looking more dangerous so far. UTD need to step it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

kryogen wrote: »
    Nani isnt tracking like he should

too much space

between the ears ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

PHB wrote: »
    Can I ask why its ok for Benetiz to question the decision that it should have been a penalty, but its not ok for Fergie to question the decision that it should have been a yellow card.

Ever heard of double standards?

I have no problem with any manager questioning a decision, especially when there is significant doubt as to wether a correct decision has been made. But to run at teh assistant making a card gesture in response to an incident that shouldn't even have been a penalty is pure unadulterated gamesmanship.

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    It doesn't exactly work like that PHB.
    He very likely may not have committed the offense he gained a yellow for if he was already on a yellow.

Hey, I agree. But you should quote this post at the end of the game when whatever set of fans lose they say the game would have been different if the penalty wasn't given.

Advertisement