Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Even Jamie knows he dived!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

PHB wrote: »
    QTF

You've misspelled 66% of this post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

mike65 wrote: »
    Utd don't get tired? Babel is the ideal impact sub on the left and Yossi on the right.

United do get tired. But Liverpool have been playing a high intensity closing down game in midfield, and also United have had more possession, which is less tiring as you know. I think Liverpool have expended more energy so far, which is why I'd expect them to get tired sooner.

Both teams will bring on subs, I'd expect Babel and Yossi/Ngog to come on at some point, and I'd say we'll see Rafael, Berbatov and Scholes/Giggs come on for United

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

doc_17 wrote: »
    seems pool players are getting booked for everything! wasn't howard webb the ref who gave united the pen against spurs last season? he really is pathetic. a real homer

Every single booking has been deserved, some should have been harsher.

Maybe you should watch the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

michael owen thinks it was a penalty :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I have to laugh at some of these comments. Liverpool could be down to 9 men and their V-sign flashing, elbow-flailing captain is lucky to be starting this game and yet of course...ALL THE DECISIONS GO TO UNITED.

You missed the fact that Webb should have sent off Carragher in the Anfield game. Of course he gives everything to United as usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Can someone tell me what Ferguson was complaining about after the goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

quarryman wrote: »
    What?

What has Robbie keane got to do with it? Who mentioned him?

I said Torres. T.O.R.R.E.S.

Torres reactiond reminds me of Keane

But Keane is Irish so dont mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

I've said twice I'm listening to rather than watching the match, but Chris Waddle says peno if that's any use.

I'll wait until MOTD2 to see the replays, but was Masherano last man (as suggested on another forum I'm watching) and if so is the alternative a free and red card? If so, isn't that similar to the response Jose got for the goal that he claimed never was...;););)

No, Chris Waddle says pelanty. Cos he's thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

very tense 1st half. explosive start and then petered out towards the end of it. both teams have settled down and seem to be cancelling each other out now. carrgher is a feckin liability. he's lunging in all sides and looks clumsy. i'm worried about insua gettin exposed. rafa switched kuyt which should help. maxi is doin nothin AGAIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Skud wrote: »

Only because he stayed on his feet long enough to make sure he went down in the box:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I am using a phone. Mash and Torrres are scared to tackle as Webb is a home ref.

Rooney jumped into a tackle in front of him and did not even give Liverpool a free

Eh no, they are afraid to tackle after getting stupid yellow cards. Rooney won the ball that time.

It was a penalty, the foul started outside the box but it continued into the box, so that is therefore a penalty.

Neville was shocking for the first goal. How he gave so much room to Torres is unbelievable.

Melion wrote: »

I think he thought it should have been a red. We'll hear from the man himself before the 2nd half I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Mascerano not being sent off, i'd imagine - professional foul and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This one is cagey.

nicolas-cage2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Tbf, in real time, it was a very tough decision to make to see whether the foul was comitted in or outside the box.

that was what i thought but it seems like people prefer the Webb is pro Utd view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Love it:

- It's a penalty because the foul ended (well, kinda) in the box;

nope, disproved. Let's try:

- It may not have been a penalty but shur up about it because the player would have been sent off were it a free;

hmm, maybe not - there were defenders there. Okay, but:

- Torres is such a monster, Liverpool players have been fouling lucky to be on the pitch!;

Oh and:

- Your own players were unhappy with Masch, what does that tell you???;

Nothing huh? Interesting. Ah well:

- LOL AT SAYING ALL DECISIONS HAVE GONE AGAINST LIVERPOOL!!;

Cue froathing at the mouth.

Awesome :rolleyes:

As Mr. Nice Guy pointed out, it's also interesting that Gerrard played a vital role in Liverpool's goal, and he shouldn't even be on the pitch,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Liverpool will not finish the game with 11 players. I hope Rooney keeps running at Carragher. He's a huge liability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ferguson was rightfully complaining about torres kicking the penalty spot. That's a bookable action and he could be off the pitch by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

The assistant gave the penalty, he put his flag across his chest.
    no he did not. I was watching the "analysis" on sky at ht and from the side angle you could clearly see the assisant watching to see if the ref was gonna give it first and when he saw that he did then he put the flag across his chest. If he gave it the ref would have had to consult him to see what it was that the ref missed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Love it:

- It may not have been a penalty but shur up about it because the player would have been sent off were it a free;

- Torres is such a monster, Liverpool players have been fouling lucky to be on the pitch!;

Oh and:

Love what?

The fictional conversation thats going on in your head?

Good to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ferguson was rightfully complaining about torres kicking the penalty spot. That's a bookable action and he could be off the pitch by now.

under ungentlemanly conduct? is that the rule you would book him under?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

SantryRed wrote: »
    It was a penalty, the foul started outside the box but it continued into the box, so that is therefore a penalty.

watch it again. No part of the offence occurred in the box, well apart form the diving bit, that was pretty offensive. Therefore it was not a penalty.

It was a penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Skud wrote: »

And he's neutral having played for both teams.:D

United slighly edging the first half but not really creating very much. Torres took his chance very well, he's really up for the game. The pen was a soft one TBH.

Still there to be won and lost.

Love it:

Oh and:

So basically what you are saying is, Liverpool shouldn't have to play by the rules because you enjoy finding new and exciting ways to defend their cheating on the internet?
    Gottcha

watch it again. No part of the offence occurred in the box, well apart form the diving bit, that was pretty offensive. Therefore it was not a penalty.

Yes it was, he clearly has one last touch and traps his arm as he's in the box.

Torres has been a right thug all day too. Should concentrate on the game more.

Sky TV think liverpool should be down to 9 men - but it mightn't have been a penalty - interesting turn of events

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ffs let the penalty decision go will ye

its done

bad decisions have happened before, they will again

Love it:

Oh and:

Your attitude in here today stinks. Could you try argue your point without being an overly sarcastic drama queen? Both teams have been guilty of being overly twatish during the first half, whether it be Mascherano's foul, Torres' petulance, Rooney's starfish or Evra's face clutching. Both teams can feel hard done by considering United should not have had a penalty, and Gerrard should not have been on the pitch to play a pivotal role in Liverpool's goal. It's football, get over it. If you get carried away with it, then fair enough, just dont post while you do because you're embarrassing yourself in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yes it was, he clearly has one last touch and traps his arm as he's in the box.
    He clearly doesn't. Watch it again, perhaps this time with your eyes open.

ragg wrote: »
    So basically what you are saying is, Liverpool shouldn't have to play by the rules because you enjoy finding new and exciting ways to defend their cheating on the internet?
    Gottcha

lol

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Gold star!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Definitely not a penalty, a free yes and Valencia should have been booked for diving. A deliberate attempt to win a penalty when no contact was made in the penalty box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Liverpool needs someone to carry ball out of midfield,then pass to feet of torres or men out wide, agger tries to do it from back, need to get wide men into play more,liverpool playing to deep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Haha brilliant from Owen, saying he knows that he should know SAF doesn't make changes quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Park is playing far too high up the pitch for my liking, he's basically a full on AMC. Either drop him deeper or take him off imo.

lol

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Gold star!

Glad we've seen eye to eye on something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Uniteds play to break down thru Carrick/Park many more times this half :rolleyes:

We seriously need to step it up, only one winner otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would love to see Aquilani, Babel, and Yossi getting some decent time on the pitch in the second half.

Babel for raw pace and directness, with Aquilani and Yossi to provide clever play and link ups.

Gerrard, Maxi and Kuyt would be my choices to come off as all have been pretty ineffective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Berbatov needs to come on and do what Rooney is doing!

Daysha wrote: »
    Park is playing far too high up the pitch for my liking, he's basically a full on AMC. Either drop him deeper or take him off imo.

thats his best position though

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would love to see Aquilani, Babel, and Yossi getting some decent time on the pitch in the second half.

Babel for raw pace and directness, with Aquilani and Yossi to provide clever play and link ups.

Gerrard, Maxi and Kuyt would be my choices to come off as all have been pretty ineffective.

If Liverpool do that they'd lose. And lose bad. They're only good at defending.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Park falls over way too much.

game is poised for Liverpool to nick it to be honest

Archimedes wrote: »
    Your attitude in here today stinks. Could you try argue your point without being an overly sarcastic drama queen? Both teams have been guilty of being overly twatish during the first half, whether it be Mascherano's foul, Torres' petulance, Rooney's starfish or Evra's face clutching. Both teams can feel hard done by considering United should not have had a penalty, and Gerrard should not have been on the pitch to play a pivotal role in Liverpool's goal. It's football, get over it. If you get carried away with it, then fair enough, just dont post while you do because you're embarrassing yourself in here.

Yeah, you're right baby. A poorly awarded penalty is not more difficult to overcome than petulance from an individual player. Cool. What ever did come over me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gerrard looking a bit more up for it this half, please please may it continue beyond the opening 3 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

kryogen wrote: »
    thats his best position though

Nah I'm not entirely convinced. We've already seen his finishing is average at best, and his best games have come when he's supplying energy when hustling the midfield.

I'd get Giggs or even Berba on.

• Advertisement

anyone but park and id have been excited there

Advertisement