Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Fletcher named MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

couldn't believe the comentators saying Fergie has 'reinvented' Park as an AMC - he was an AMC when we bought him and has always been at his best there - the only thing Fergie has really done is actually start playing him there.

Watching the opening goal from Torres again. Great header and a great cross to him but what in the hell were Rio/Neville doing in giving him so much space in the centre - Neville was closest to him but actually stepped away from him as the ball came in. shocking stuff.

Could have been a very different game if United had not got back on terms so quickly - and boy were we lucky to get back on terms so quickly. First off, not a penalty but iirc that same happened to United earlier in the season with a foul outside the box resulting in a penalty given against us (and these things do even themselves out....). Reina produced a great save from the penalty and was unlucky that it dropped straight to Rooney (thankfully from a United point of view).

Delighted for Park to get goal.

Fletcher MotM, deserved imo. Fantastic player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Classy guy.

It's amazing how you can gloat like this when you consider how you got your first goal.

Overall, it was a pretty poor performance from Liverpool and United were the better team.

That's an average performance for Liverpool this season. That's why you have lost 10 games this season. The word bitter comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

kryogen wrote: »
    thats it pal

live in the past, when all you have are your memories i guess you hold them close to your heart

could be worse - i could have to live with arrogance of being a utd supporter

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He did fine for a change against Liverpool, I'll give you that.

For a change? Granted the last 3 games have been poor - every game prior to that was fine. If anything his lack of form vs Liverpool was the change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Liverpool fans seem to think its a givin that it definitely wasnt a peno, he was fouled inside and outside the box, its not a clear cut one, but to say there is no way it shouldve been givin is a bit far imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

he surely has more good then bad though, only 3 bad performances v Pool in his time at the club

Well, how many times has he played against Liverpool total? And what weighting should you employ considering that when he's been bad, he's been awful?

I think it's something that gets overstated all the time anyway - clearly this season has shown that he is not THE crucial aspect for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

All hail Fletcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Well in United, deserved winners. Liverpool can cling to their excuses and their memories, they're the only two things they've got to cling to this season, but they got exactly what they deserved today (and by that I mean both the result and the penalty shout).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

john47832 wrote: »

It's not all bad tbh. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You Sir, are an asset to this forum

take the blinkers off regarding your club mate , yere also rans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

you misread arrogance

i simply dont like your attitude in this thread and will probably stick it to you any chance i get in here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mufc-notarrogantjust_363439.jpg

Thanks to Archimedes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Fletcher gets MOTM alot doesn't he - I remember when he was a bit of a joke, good to see him come good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Owen talking up Neville. He's dead to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Folks lets keep this about the game.

Keep it clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Title still on. Liverpool on for 6th if spurs and City have any bottle. Great day :-)

Bad day for liverpool, bad day for football. Although howard webb will be happy!

awful game. no quality at all from either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

First off, not a penalty but iirc that same happened to United earlier in the season with a foul outside the box resulting in a penalty given against us (and these things do even themselves out....). Reina produced a great save from the penalty and was unlucky that it dropped straight to Rooney (thankfully from a United point of view).

think that was against city, raf on bellamy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Thanks whore?
    Archimedes wrote: »
    Its been down to a lack of Darren Fletcher. Dont worry about it, we'll win easily.
    Fletch is better than all those players. He will have a field day in midfield. Go to bed and don't worry your head about it.
    We have Fletch this time, Im not too worried.

When I post gold like that, and he goes and gets man of the match....bloody right I'm a thanks whore! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Jesus Christ, Jamie Redknapp is still on Gerrards dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

when are where did he say this?
    Benitez is expected to make a decision over his future in June, as he waits to find out whether Liverpool will hold on to Fernando Torres.

And he admits that it will be a lot easier to keep his top striker if the Reds are playing in the Champions League next season.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full%26objectID=22127376%26siteID=93463-name_page.html

There you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

No service to Gerrard and Torres for almost the entire game. That's what you get for fielding a midfield of muckers like Lucas, Kuyt and Rodriguez. When Benitez finally made the necessary changes in midfield, it was way too late again.

This joker needs to be fired in the summer and a real manager brought in. 6 seasons in charge and scrapping for fourth? Only at Liverpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Title still on. Liverpool on for 6th if spurs and City have any bottle. Great day :-)

Will be hoping United do us a favour playing those 2!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Well, how many times has he played against Liverpool total? And what weighting should you employ considering that when he's been bad, he's been awful?

I think it's something that gets overstated all the time anyway - clearly this season has shown that he is not THE crucial aspect for Utd.

of course its overstated, i am blue in the face saying that, thats why my Vidic/Torres comment is also tongue in cheek!

he has played liverpool either 7 or 9 times afair

did you hear redknapp defending Gerrard there?

blaiming his performance on Benitez, absolute drivvel

The Muppet wrote: »
    There you go.[/LEFT]

Loads of direct quotes there huh? Jaysus man, think critically!!

Headshot wrote: »
    think that was against city, raf on bellamy?

Possibly, was def the right back (and probably Raf)

Title race down to The Wire :cool:

Nice from Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Osu wrote: »
    That's an average performance for Liverpool this season. That's why you have lost 10 games this season. The word bitter comes to mind.

You what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Julez wrote: »
    Liverpool fans seem to think its a givin that it definitely wasnt a peno, he was fouled inside and outside the box, its not a clear cut one, but to say there is no way it shouldve been givin is a bit far imo

It definitely wasn't a peno, but that's football. Utd were the better team and you can't argue with Fletcher named MOTM!

Fletch should have been sent off for kicking out at Kuyt under the "refs" nose.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The Muppet wrote: »
    There you go.

that's not a quote.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Fletch should have been sent off for kicking out at Kuyt under the "refs" nose.
    But he didn't kick out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

spockety wrote: »
    As I said, would you care to put money on Torres not being at Liverpool at the start of next season?

lol.

Sad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

doc_17 wrote: »
    Bad day for liverpool, bad day for football. Although howard webb will be happy!

awful game. no quality at all from either side.

What are you suprised...?the majority of games between the big 4 are like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

of course he didnt - its old trafford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

whatever about pool doing 4th, i think Everton have a better chance of finishing above them...the way they are playing now cant see Torres there much longer than 7 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ragg wrote: »
    Fletcher gets MOTM alot doesn't he - I remember when he was a bit of a joke, good to see him come good

I remember when it was the United fans were the ones who considered him a joke.

of course its overstated, i am blue in the face saying that, thats why my Vidic/Torres comment is also tongue in cheek!

he has played liverpool either 7 or 9 times afair

Well, if it is 7 - 9 times, 3 awful performances is a terribly high percentage of fail for a central defender. And obviously in saying that, I don't in anyway mean to suggest that his Utd career as a whole hasn't been a massive success - which it clearly has.

As for Gerrard? Pure ****e again, and blaming his consistently awful performances on the manager is a kop out of epic proportions. He was played in the exact same position, of the exact same formation that achieved a 4 - 1 victory last season. Players need to assume responsibility for their own performances imo.

of course he didnt - its old trafford

i love how much you are bitter toward united

i just love it, makes victories against liverpool so much sweeter to know there are so many bitter people like you out there crying into their pillows over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, Jamie Redknapp is still on Gerrards dick.

Sky have to play up the myth that the Gerrard of 2010 is a great player and that he is world class, because his performances all season sure as hell won't mark him down as even being a decent player. Today's performance was not even close to being one of his worst performances this season. That's how poor he has been.

What makes it worse is that he is still somehow regarded as being captain material and undroppable in the eyes of many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:confused: Emm.....he did??

I think what you meant to say was - But Andy Gray didn't say he kicked out.

He kicked out, Kuyt hit the ground. Clear as day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Fletcher probably should have been booked, but that is all no way anyone can think that was a sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Dub13 wrote: »
    What are you suprised...?the majority of games between the big for are like that.

Yeah that's my point. The majority of games in the PL are like that. Not really a high enough standard imo. When I say high enough i mean high enough to justify handing over 100 euro a month to sky espn and setanta to watch it, especially since the online streaming is getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gerrard to be fair to him created the goal with his incisive pass.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Sky have to play up the myth that the Gerrard of 2010 is a great player and that he is world class, because his performances all season sure as hell won't mark him down as even being a decent player. Today's performance was not even close to being one of his worst performances this season. That's how poor he has been.

What makes it worse is that he is still somehow regarded as being captain material and undroppable in the eyes of many.

It remains a complete bafflement to me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Title race down to The Wire :cool:

Nice from Sky.

Ah I see, very good. I was wondering why I was hearing the theme tune from The Wire from the TV in the other room! :D

Well, if it is 7 - 9 times, 3 awful performances is a terribly high percentage of fail for a central defender. And obviously in saying that, I don't in anyway mean to suggest that his Utd career as a whole hasn't been a massive success - which it clearly has.

the thing about it is, i would debate whether he has had awful games in 3, he has been sent off in 3 so it looks that way, but they werent all bad performances

its a discussion for another day though tbh

I am amazed at some of the pool fans attitudes, this wasnt the game that was a must win for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

PHB wrote: »
    Gerrard to be fair to him created the goal with his incisive pass.

And was **** for the rest of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement