Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Mr Alan wrote: »
    great start totally undone by the ref. as Llyod said, the momentum is wit United and expect them to win to be honest, Park or Webb to score maybe.
    This was the best post of the entire thread, without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

PHB wrote: »
    Gerrard to be fair to him created the goal with his incisive pass.

There was 80+ mins after that though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Loads of direct quotes there huh? Jaysus man, think critically!!

Ha Ha , how predictable, lucky it wasn't the sun.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That's the thing isn't it? People love to play up the tiny positives he is contributing here and there.

In reality, for 95%+ of today's game he made poor decisions, took up poor positions, displayed a lack of explosiveness and drive, and lashed out at teammates for his own mistakes.

Utterly disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Esse85 wrote: »
    This was the best post of the entire thread, without a doubt.

Why?

there have been plenty of absolutely excellent posts in this thread

reasons for your nomination?

doc_17 wrote: »
    Bad day for liverpool, bad day for football. Although howard webb will be happy!

awful game. no quality at all from either side.
    How exactly is it a bad day for football? Because YOU don't like Manchester United?! Ha ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Kess73 wrote: »
    What makes it worse is that he is still somehow regarded as being captain material and undroppable in the eyes of many.

That's because he has more footballing talent in his left big toe than half the Liverpool team put together (we all know who I'm talking about).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

bad and all as gerrard was he was central in the goal and the only other decent chance we had

united we marginally better these games are often decided by fine margins and thats what happened here, it wasnt a penalty and reina was very unlucky, maybe if the ball hadnt bobbled torres would have drawn us level

but anyway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Good to see Utd not get outplayed by Liverpool again, and make Liverpool look very ordinary in the process (2-3 chances all game?). Utd should have won it by more (and I think would have, if they hadn't been ball watching in the first 5 mins, making the game more tense than it should be).

Rooney was great, always there to take the pressure off. Torres is like a petulant child when things aren't going his way.

• Advertisement

but that was one moment in the game

he did nothing for the rest, he was awful, body language was disgraceful, when he lost the ball he would just stand a berate a teammate, he seemed to actively try to stay on the peripheral of the game

Gerrard was awful, there is surely noone who would argue against that

I remember when it was the United fans were the ones who considered him a joke.

Not all of them, those of us that trusted the Managers judgement though there was better to come from Fletch, How right we were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

How exactly is it a bad day for football? Because YOU don't like Manchester United?! Ha ha!

Bad day for football, yet another team go to old trafford and are robbed

kryogen wrote: »
    the thing about it is, i would debate whether he has had awful games in 3, he has been sent off in 3 so it looks that way, but they werent all bad performances

its a discussion for another day though tbh

I am amazed at some of the pool fans attitudes, this wasnt the game that was a must win for ye

I know!

Though, it is hard to bear that in mind when you have sky and the general media making today's game out to be the most important football game ever played.

To be honest, I think it is fair to say that had the match been played two weeks ago one could have expected a completely humiliating performance and result. There are positives for the squad to come away with today, as hard as that will be to process for some.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Torres will be at Liverpool next season, European football or not. The club will not sell him, and he will not put in a transfer request. He will feel that he owes the fans at least one season 'in the wilderness' to help us back up the table. A second season out of the top 4? Could definitely see him leave then.

Benitez may be gone this summer.

If the owners also go then I would be optimistic he would be replaced well.
    If the owners stay but Benitez goes, I will be very fearful for the next few years at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

john47832 wrote: »

Robbed ? That's pretty harsh.
    Most say it was a foul but not a penalty tbh.City got a penalty against us in the same circumstances, i guess you felt we were robbed that game too ? ;)

• Advertisement

Come on Blackburn!

do your neighbours a favour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We had our chance today and blew it spectacularly.

What the hell was Masch thinking? The foul did start outside the box and Valencia did throw himself tothe ground after the actual incident but it was retarded by Masch. He really does lack intelligence.

Johnson was an ABSOLUTE liability today. Another season of Europa crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

whatever about pool doing 4th, i think Everton have a better chance of finishing above them...the way they are playing now cant see Torres there much longer than 7 games.

You are a complete renegade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I think the main things we have learned from that game today is that Michael Carrick should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

but that was one moment in the game

he did nothing for the rest, he was awful, body language was disgraceful, when he lost the ball he would just stand a berate a teammate, he seemed to actively try to stay on the peripheral of the game

Gerrard was awful, there is surely noone who would argue against that

He has been like that all season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I know!

Though, it is hard to bear that in mind when you have sky and the general media making today's game out to be the most important football game ever played.

To be honest, I think it is fair to say that had the match been played two weeks ago one could have expected a completely humiliating performance and result. There are positives for the squad to come away with today, as hard as that will be to process for some.

unfortunately the players and manager have gotten themselves into such a hole that this, and every match for the rest of this season ARE crucial

lol you are making me smile so much today!

please keep posting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Stop talking like this, it sounds silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

noodler wrote: »
    Johnson was an ABSOLUTE liability today. Another season of Europa crap.

If even, if the teams around Liverpool win their games in hand Pool will drop to 7th.

Ha ha ha ha! Did you post that with a straight face? United were the better team. You lost. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Lost a huge amount of respect for Torres for what he did when Rooney was due to take his peno. Disgraceful.

Great comeback by United; Mascherano should have had a Red card for doing what Vidic did last year, but ah well, we don't care what Liverpool do for the rest of the season.

You seem to enjoy the Europa league anyway.

I think the main things we have learned from that game today is that Michael Carrick should be shot.

i wholeheartedly agree
    He has been like that all season

i know, its just amazing the lack of stick he gets

unbelievable in fact

LOL @ Fergie taking credit for putting Park in his new position!

The Muppet wrote: »
    Ha Ha , how predictable, lucky it wasn't the sun.;)

Of course, what other reasonable reaction could there be to that 'article'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

astrofool wrote: »
    Good to see Utd not get outplayed by Liverpool again, and make Liverpool look very ordinary in the process (2-3 chances all game?). Utd should have won it by more (and I think would have, if they hadn't been ball watching in the first 5 mins, making the game more tense than it should be).

Rooney was great, always there to take the pressure off. Torres is like a petulant child when things aren't going his way.

should have won by more? which clear cut chances should they have put away?

most players that care are like petulant children when they are losing, see rooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

davyjose wrote: »
    Lost a huge amount of respect for Torres for what he did when Rooney was due to take his peno. Disgraceful.

Eh, did you lose the same amount of respect for Valenica's theatrical dive? Or maybe Fletcher lashing out at Kuyt?

davyjose wrote: »

Great comeback by United; Mascherano should have had a Red card for doing what Vidic did last year, but ah well, we don't care what Liverpool do for the rest of the season.

You seem to enjoy the Europa league anyway.

Why such bitterness when you win?

It mustn't take much for you to lose respect for someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

What did Torres do when rooney was taking his peno? Missed the first half.

Don't think Liverpool played particularily badly today I think that United where just better today.

Cyrus wrote: »
    should have won by more? which clear cut chances should they have put away?

most players that care are like petulant children when they are losing, see rooney

Well Rooney should have put away a couple, same as Park, cant remember any more off the top of my head, but if necessary ill get back to you on them?

its irrelevant anyway

it was a tight game, we were the better team and the result as fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Torres is a sore loser and comes across as a spoilt brat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

If even, if the teams around Liverpool win their games in hand Pool will drop to 7th.

Spot on , sure we do em a favour and get em back in to europa league by winning the FA cup

COYS

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I dunno, this thread is not the cesspit I would have predicted. Come on for crying out loud, down and dirty, down, and, dirty!

I haven't yet seen one mention of 'number 19' for God's sake. You bunch of amateurs.

What did Torres do when rooney was taking his peno? Missed the first half.

Don't think Liverpool played particularily badly today I think that United where just better today.

torres scuffed up the penalty spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

unbelievable in fact

I know but it seems he is undroppable by rafa and the english media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

torres scuffed up the penalty spot
    Really! poor form

dont check the score in the Chelsea game lads

spockety wrote: »
    I dunno, this thread is not the cesspit I would have predicted. Come on for crying out loud, down and dirty, down, and, dirty!

I haven't yet seen one mention of 'number 19' for God's sake. You bunch of amateurs.

Babel was lively when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

dont check the score in the Chelsea game lads

that comment should really be spoilered

Of course, what other reasonable reaction could there be to that 'article'?

Nobody claims it as Gospel, I posted the link because I was asked for a source for a comment I made and I would't want anyone to think I was trolling by making up such stories, you know how sensitive some people can be around here.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

lolz

1606: FULL-TIME Blackburn 0-1 Chelsea

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »

I know! The real bile seems to be emanating from fans of Spurs, Villa, etc..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

gotta leave due to the smell of manc around the place - cmon CHELSEA

Esse85 wrote: »
    Torres is a sore loser and comes across as a spoilt brat.

Good!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

i wholeheartedly agree

unbelievable in fact

I've being shouting about this for far too long its getting long winded but he is a weak cog in the middle pranses around like a girl. The sooner he is shiped off or replaced the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Valencia was outstanding. Deffo my MOTM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement