Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

niallo27 wrote: »
    i dont see any penalty's, you said penalty's

From memory alone, Andorra, Atletico Madrid, Everton, Milan etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

throw in nani and Anderson and hargreaves, over 100 million worth of ****e, you never hear that in the papers

Hargreaves has hardly been ****e. Bitched your lot a couple of years ago and was vital in your League/CL double.

Nani's been excellent since the turn of the year too.

Maybe not worth the money, but you are one to talk. I'll take Robbie Keane, Alberto Aquilani, Glen Johnson, Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel for £80m please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

BERBA wrote: »
    Disagree. Ye were toothless for an hour in that game. Granted we bottled it fair enough when it went to 2-1 but ye were given a leg up by Webb to make it 2-1 , easy to say now ye still would have won that game being 2 down with half an hour to go..i'm not quite so sure as you boggles that ye would have done it but ye did thanks to...................HOWARD WEBB !

tottenham-scum.jpg

when were liverpool playing andorra

Who said Liverpool? We're talking about Gerrard here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stop will ya, he stopped pulling his jersey before the line, are you saying that if your fouled outside the box but jump into the box its a penalty

I don't think this is correct.

The image here shows that Mascherano still has Valencia by the arm as Valencia crosses the line into the box. On the line is considered in the box afaik, so having a hold of the arm even before this is enough for the penalty to be given.

valu.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Disagree. Ye were toothless for an hour in that game. Granted we bottled it fair enough when it went to 2-1 but ye were given a leg up by Webb to make it 2-1 , easy to say now ye still would have won that game being 2 down with half an hour to go..i'm not quite so sure as you boggles that ye would have done it but ye did thanks to...................HOWARD WEBB !

Webb only had an assist for the one goal, we still put another 4 pass you. Get over it and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

andyman wrote: »
    Hargreaves has hardly been ****e. Bitched your lot a couple of years ago and was vital in your League/CL double.

Nani's been excellent since the turn of the year too.

Maybe not worth the money, but you are one to talk. I'll take Robbie Keane, Alberto Aquilani, Glen Johnson, Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel for £80m please.

Throw in Dossena and we will make it a cool 90 million. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

flahavaj wrote: »
    He has his medals to console him.

being member of a championship winning squad that challenges on all fronts > playing every week for the league's great disappointments and pants sh*tters.

Mind the lasagne this year btw, would hate ye to have an excuse again.;)

Interesting to see how much cash SAF gets in the summer for new recruits . Not much i reckon seeing as yere owners are up to their necks in it. Neville Giggs and Scholes cant go forever...............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

very depressing thread,no surprises in that.Awful game apart from the first 20minutes.One broke team fighting for fourth place,another broke team fighting for the title arsenal are going to win:D

In all fairness United deserved their win on the basis on wanting it more and being more effective attacking wise.I felt Torres had the United defence if he was given any decent ball.Gerrard had a shocker and its pretty much summed up his season.I have no qualms about the team Rafa picked,Maxi offered more protection than Babel would have and possibly Aquaman or Yossi on earlier but nothing serious.

4th looks a long way off now and maybe in the long run not finsihing 4th would make the owners sell up or maybe im just being optimistic.All in all a really depressing season for us pool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is why everyone laughs at utd supporters, and calls ye lot clueless glory hunters, ye dont even admit when ye lot get dodgy decisions, ignorant or clueless i'm not sure

• Advertisement

Interesting to see how much cash SAF gets in the summer for new recruits . Not much i reckon seeing as yere owners are up to their necks in it. Neville Giggs and Scholes cant go forever...............:D

Cash guarantees nothing. But then you'd know that, considering how much your lot have spent the last five years and literally nothing to show for it.;)

You'd think the small timers would stay in the little forum they set up to avoid being laughed at in public.:pac:

This is why everyone laughs at utd supporters, and calls ye lot clueless glory hunters, ye dont even admit when ye lot get dodgy decisions, ignorant or clueless i'm not sure

This post is unlikely to get you anywhere I'm afraid...

Boggles wrote: »
    Ye were torn apart. Could have been 10.

Get over it.

Wouldnt at all surprise me if Webb is doing our game against ye next month at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So this thread which was supposed to be about the match has:

Spurs fans bitching about United. (wtf)
    Liverpool fans bitching about United.
    United fans bitching about Steven Gerrard diving and Spurs.

Its actually laughable.

keane2097 wrote: »

The image here shows that Mascherano still has Valencia by the arm as Valencia crosses the line into the box. On the line is considered in the box afaik, so having a hold of the arm even before this is enough for the penalty to be given.

valu.png

All i can see there is valencia going down, i cant see his arm being pulled back, honestly i cant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I see.

Good point

:confused::rolleyes::eek::pac:

Ever team gets the dodgy decisions through out the season, the fact is that when it happens to Manutd its highlighted more or all the ABU jump on it and drag it out for days, weeks on ends. It gets borning.

Fact is GERRARD should have being suspended today. Another dodgy decision L'pool get :rolleyes:

I see.

Good point

:confused::rolleyes::eek::pac:

Why not admit ye get some dodgy decisions, i would love if Liverpool got them.

Vanbis wrote: »
    Ever team gets the dodgy decisions through out the season, the fact is that when it happens to Manutd its highlighted more or all the ABU jump on it and drag it out for days, weeks on ends. It gets borning.

Fact is GERRARD should have being suspended today. Another dodgy decision L'pool get :rolleyes:

Why should he have being suspended, should we have changed the rules of the game to suit united.

All i can see there is valencia going down, i cant see his arm being pulled back, honestly i cant

If you remove those red tinted glasses you might just see it.

• Advertisement

Gerrard should have been suspended.
    Our match against you lot at Anfield this season.

Don't pretend Liverpool get nothing for them. You're one of the reasons why people laugh at Torrard supporters, you're bitter, biased and just plain wrong in everyway.

And tell me where I said we don't get dodgy decisions?

liverMPA2305_468x725.jpg

And you are a great example of why I laugh at Liverpool fans. Whinging about a penalty decision when you have far far bigger problems to worry about. A quick look at the league table would be a good place to start. You wouldn't like to be accused of being stuck in the past now would you?

Jesus its actually easy to throw about cliched jibes about opposition fans on the internet.:pac:

Why should he have being suspended, should we have changed the rules of the game to suit united.

Oh dear. You didn't see his elbow last week no? Rio got four games for that. Gerrard got nothing.

For one he gave the ref two fingers against Wigan and in the next game he assaulted Michael Brown by throwing a arm in the back of his head. Like i said every team gets decisions through the season and L'pool did twice within 10 days.

Ah FFS are you joking me!?

Mascherano is clearly holding Valencia's arm, I'm not gonna spoon-fed you screen captures.

Go watch the fcuking video and stop crying - it's a clear penalty.

The only issue is the one you raised previously and have now suspectly abandoned as to whether or not the rules say you have to penalise the initial offense or you can punish the one that gives the best advantage to the team that has the offense commited against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well what actually happened counts, correct?

Peno no question, Liverpool could well have been down to 10, if anything Webb bottled that decision.

Liverpool were shocking today, not just in terms of play, but also attitude.

As I said already you have alot bigger problems to concentrate on then been beaten by the champions!!!

No question huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't know why everyone keeps focusing on the penalty as if some great injustice has been done.

No, it wasn't a penalty, but i can see why it was given.

No, Masch shouldn't have been sent off.

No, Torres shouldn't have been sent off, even if he was booked for kicking the penalty spot, what he did get booked for wasn't a yellow.

Webb had a poor game as usual, but i don't think he cost us the game. I have seen him make worse decisions (i.e the peno against Spurs last season as mentioned already which he should really have got a ban for or a demotion at least)

We could have got something from the game today if we had taken our chances, but we didn't. Utd took theirs, they were the better team and deserved to win.

Liverpool fans really need to look at our own side and where we lost it instead of just saying 'oh the ref cost us'. That's just silly!

As someone said earlier, Utd were the better team and deserved to win, get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Then you seriously have something wrong with you. Seriously.

MOTD is on soon - watch that - maybe when you see the video you will see it more clearly. I bet you won't though, I'm sure from reading your posts that you are deluded because of your loyalty to your club.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Cash guarantees nothing. But then you'd know that, considering how much your lot have spent the last five years and literally nothing to show for it.;)

You'd think the small timers would stay in the little forum they set up to avoid being laughed at in public.:pac:

Ye did us a favour today keeping the other lot down and i'm happy with that but it would be nice for someone else other than utd and chelski to win it like the goons but no it wouldnt .......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

valu.png

You remember the Ireland Italy match in Bari and the infamous screenshot that indicated Noel Hunt had scored instead of Keane?

Images like the above are frequently unreliable evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

All those liverpool fans that are complaining that we shouldnt have gotten a pen have to grow up, united fans say its a goal, pool fans say it wasnt but ye have benefited from a lot of suspect decisions down the years, most recently with steven gerard and his 2 finger sign to the crowd and his assault on michael brown last week and lets not forget this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UTImKQPoM

All those liverpool fans that are complaining that we shouldnt have gotten a pen have to grow up, united fans say its a goal, pool fans say it wasnt but ye have benefited from a lot of suspect decisions down the years, most recently with steven gerard and his 2 finger sign to the crowd and his assault on michael brown last week and lets not forget this

You should learn how to use punctuation. It's tough to read a 6 line sentence. Late night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So this thread which was supposed to be about the match has:

Spurs fans bitching about United. (wtf)
    Liverpool fans bitching about United.
    United fans bitching about Steven Gerrard diving and Spurs.

Its actually laughable.

To add to the general theme of the thread, yore ma's laughable ;)

Anyway, I honestly don't care how we got there, the win was all that matters today. The fact that it annoys all the Liverpool fans is icing on the cake :D

Pen and red card if goal not given, move on son, you have to go back 5 years for a dodgy decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You remember the Ireland Italy match in Bari and the infamous screenshot that indicated Noel Hunt had scored instead of Keane?

Sweet mother of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Was n'gogs dive against birmingham 5 years ago

This thread is priceless.

Spurs v United !

Ireland matches !

Zonal marking anyone? Lucas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

19>18 ha ha

Wasnt a dive, but ya it was no pen, we got a dodgy decision, now your turn

• Advertisement

http://thecount.com/wp-content/uploads/wtf-cat.jpg

Always reminds of trying to talk football to a manc supporter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh33bGAxl58&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Whatever about Brown, very few Pool fans would defend that, the 2 fingers thing's a joke. Anti Gerrard crap.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

19>18 ha ha

hope that comes back to bite you:)

19>18 ha ha

I'm a United fan, but that kinda sh*t is just embarrassing with seven games to go in the season.:(

19>18 ha ha

Dont count the chickens and all that.

19>18 ha ha

Remember that for the junior cert

valu.png

It doesn't matter if he broke his neck inside the box the free should be from where the initial foul was which was outside the box. end off.

I wish ref's would get some bottle and stop awarding soft peno's and not booking/sending off united players in Old Trafford. I suppose it saves us from a constant illegible tantrum from ferguson though.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

If you watch the video you can see it fairly clearly that as Valencia crosses the line into the box Mascherano still has him by the arm.

Fair enough the image is just an image, but if you watch the highlights you can see the same thing from several angles.

If I had the inclination I could post three or four more images showing it to be a penalty just by doing screen captures, but anyone who would need me to do that is going to deny the penalty regardless.

You think it wasn't a penalty I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

It doesn't matter if he broke his neck inside the box the free should be from where the initial foul was which was outside the box. end off.

And what rule is that in reference to?

You are aware that the refs have to go off written rules and not your poorly concieved opinions?

• Advertisement
Advertisement