Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

BERBA wrote: »
    Liverpool match thread and according to you im embarrassing myself by asking the question whether Torres will be there next season? ... fcuk me !

FAIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Right, so after reading through this thread we can all agree that the game was a no contest and must be re-played?

:p

Boggles wrote: »
    It was a sterling peno, build a fooking bridge and get over it.

No it wasn't you see. As proved beyond doubt on BBC earlier. I reserve the right to complain to my heart's content about an incident from today's game in the appropriate match thread. You will have to build a bridge and get over that I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    AT NO POINT ON THIS THREAD OR ANY OTHER THREAD HAVE I PERSONALLY ARGUED THAT WEBB IS "PRO UNITED"; "CORRUPT"; "BIASED"; ETC

All I would ever argue is that he is incredibly incompetent, and seems to freeze or hesitate at crucial moments in big games.

He made a terrible error in today's game that completely swung the momentum in the direction of the home team. And it is frustrating.

Not for the first time this season, a game I was emotionally invested in involving a team I support has been heavily influenced by an indisputably incorrect decision. Just as I did not suggest the officiating team in Paris were cheating in some way, I have not contended in this thread that the crew today were actively attempting to make Utd win.

I was joking.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No it wasn't you see. As proved beyond doubt on BBC earlier. I reserve the right to complain to my heart's content about an incident from today's game in the appropriate match thread. You will have to build a bridge and get over that I'm afraid.

Victim mentality alive and well.

Harp away, I've listened to 20 years of it now, another night of ranting won't make a difference.

Boo Hoo, we are Liverpool everyone is against us.

Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Harp away, I've listened to 20 years of it now, another night of ranting won't make a difference.

It wasn't a penalty. That's the point he's making!

Boo Hoo, we are Liverpool everyone is against us.

Sad.

Your reading comprehension is, yet again, below par. And remember, you are never under any obligation to read any specific post or set of posts.

monkey9 wrote: »
    It wasn't a penalty. That's the point he's making!

No, it was.

Back and forth x infinity!! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i preffered last years thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jazzy wrote: »

Ungrateful bastard, I worked hard making this one :(

• Advertisement

No, it was.

Back and forth x infinity!! :rolleyes:

So you don't have any points to make at all on this forum. You hear what Liverpool fans say, so debate the other!

Your reading comprehension is, yet again, below par. And remember, you are never under any obligation to read any specific post or set of posts.

WTF?

Lloyd Do everyone a favour, including yourself. Give the monkey a banana and get him off your back, you'll feel much better. Trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No it wasn't you see. As proved beyond doubt on BBC earlier.

I didn't see it.

How did they prove it beyond doubt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Boggles you really are the most pathetic WUM at times, even worse than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

keane2097 wrote: »
    I didn't see it.

Because Lee Dixon said it wasn't a penalty. ;)

CHD wrote: »

Your entitled to your opinion CHD, well done, thankfully we won't have to put up with you come May.

As I said earlier he's an embarrassment to all United fans. I even had to put him on ignore there for a while, I never had to do that before, even with ShawnRaven.:pac:

WTF?

Lloyd Do everyone a favour, including yourself. Give the monkey a banana and get him off your back, you'll feel much better. Trust me.

I don't think there was anything unclear in the post you quoted.

As for the rest? lol, you seem quite animated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Can someone please lock this? I think we've established all we're gonna establish at this stage.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    As I said earlier he's an embarrassment to all United fans. I even had to put him on ignore there for a while, I never had to do that before, even with ShawnRaven.:pac:

Put me back on please.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I didn't see it.

Masch lets go when Valencia is outside the box. Valencia falls into the box.

I don't think there was anything unclear in the post you quoted.

As for the rest? lol, you seem quite animated!

I think Boggles has confused the meaning of having a monkey on your back and a chip on your shoulder.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thats pure and simple rich coming from you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Put me back on please.

You're all right in my book Boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Are you sure? Last time I watched it Mascherano STILL had a hold of Valencia when his right leg was in the box.

• Advertisement

I think Boggles has confused the meaning of having a monkey on your back and a chip on your shoulder.:pac:

No. :rolleyes:

Please Please put me back on ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I am actually enjoying reading this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Your entitled to your opinion CHD, well done, thankfully I won't have to put up with you come May.

FYP

Although you will 100% not go through with it and will re reg or something.

Think before you post, there could be a decent poster in there somewhere. The bias is strong in you though so its prob too late. Ah well.

Headshot wrote: »
    thats pure and simple rich coming from you

Pure and simple. Like yourself.:pac:

Are you sure? Last time I watched it Mascherano STILL had a hold of Valencia when his right leg was in the box.

Nah, his standing leg is outside the box and Masch has let go.

This line of analysis also ignores the fact that the nature of the contact outside the box wouldn't have been in anyway sufficient to force Valencia to fall over in a forward motion. But that fact opens up a huge can of worms and is probably a bigger discussion than the specific parameters of a match discussion thread.

• Advertisement

No. :rolleyes:

Please Please put me back on ignore.

Quoted posts rendered the exercise pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Johner wrote: »
    Because Lee Dixon said it wasn't a penalty. ;)

I'II raise you Giles saying it was a pen on RTE. grant you he does seem to be getting a bit senile.

FYP

Although you will 100% not go through with it and will re reg or something.

Think before you post, there could be a decent poster in there somewhere. The bias is strong in you though so its prob too late. Ah well.

Cheerio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jazzy wrote: »

The United whinging was more entertaining tbh.

Dodgy penalty, no doubt about it, very borderline and he went down very easy. If it was given against United, they'd be whinging so that's a good yardstick to judge.

. Pool actually played reasonably well, considering our away form. Benny was in a daze after Torres miskicking twice, well 3 times if you count the penalty spot!

Kuyts cross was superb considering it was a poor enough ball from Gerrard. For a change, we did create a few clear cut chances, which gives me something to cling to for the Semi. run in! LOL

United the better team, was chuffed to see Fletcher crossing for the goal. Deserves that. I think its between United and Arsenal now for the title.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Ok well that's not very helpful.

My question is how they proved it? Did they have a new video angle, an Andy Gray computer-game-graphics-machine thing, what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ok so MOTD has shown beyond doubt it wasn't a peno. nice. its very irritating when refs get such a game defining call wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

gonna be a utd fans scrap. yes! €5 on boggles. hes a hardy man, been through the wars in school id say :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ok so MOTD has shown beyond doubt it wasn't a peno. nice. its very irritating when refs get such a game defining call wrong.

Yeah Hansen seemed pretty matter of fact about it.

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

horse crap al. they MAY have shown that in their opinion it was not. Very arguable that Valencia was on the line/in the box while Mascherano was still holding him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sure, what's all the whinging about? United missed the penalty. All's fair. ;)

Highlight of the match? Both times Torres fluffed it from the penalty spot he'd scuffed. Ain't Karma a beeatch.

oh and before the lock....

2-1, top of the league. Oh YEAH!!!!!!

How?

In that the replays clearly show that there was no foul happening when the Utd player was in the penalty box!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

This line of analysis also ignores the fact that the nature of the contact outside the box wouldn't have been in anyway sufficient to force Valencia to fall over in a forward motion. But that fact opens up a huge can of worms and is probably a bigger discussion than the specific parameters of a match discussion thread.

So it's the standing leg that's the deciding factor? Interesting that. Sorry now, i'm merely interested. I'm an United supporter and to me it looked a penalty but the rules of the game are sometimes at best 'open to misinterpretation'. The way the linesman flagged aswell I thought for certain it was.

It was stupid by Mascherano to keep tugging that close to the line though. Surely, it wouldn't have been as clear cut a chance as allowing them a free shot with a penalty. That's why in situations like that I can never understand players doing such rash tackles etc. They still have to put the ball in the net. Then again, i've never played in front of 70k.

In that the replays clearly show that there was no foul happening when the Utd player was in the penalty box!

Had they different camera angles to the ones that were played all day?

davyjose wrote: »
    Sure, what's all the whinging about? United missed the penalty. All's fair. ;)

Highlight of the match? Both times Torres fluffed it from the penalty spot he'd scuffed. Ain't Karma a beeatch.

oh and before the lock....

2-1, top of the league. Oh YEAH!!!!!!

Oh yeah, on that developing myth. The ball was bobbling it's way all across the box. The penalty spot had nothing to do with it. Would have been more fun if it was the case though, I do admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Listen, we can split hairs here, but ultimately, your man fcuked up. He fouled Valencia. the ref makes a call on it. maybe it was right, maybe it was wrong. but the person you need to be blaming is Mascherano, not the ref. He just made a VERY close call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so you admit his other foot was in the box? Is your point that it is the standing leg that determines where a foul is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

it may have been stupid by Mash, however it was more stupid by the ref to give a peno for a foul commited outside the box.

How?

They showed footage of the incident using a camera. This allows us to view the match without even being in the stadium, even if situated in another country.

So, this footage shows Valencia running towards the box. Mascherano is holding him back. He's gonna give away a free kick if he isn't careful. Just as Valencia is about to get to the edge of the box, Mascherano lets go off the jersey. Valencia then gets into the box and falls.

This incident is shown a number of times from different angles which allows us to see that the referee has incorrectly awarded a penalty when in fact he should have awarded a free kick.

• Advertisement

Had they different camera angles to the ones that were played all day?

I'd also like to hear an answer to this.

Otherwise this "proof" we're hearing about seems very flimsy indeed.

Advertisement