Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lol supporters complaining about the penatly, I agree it wasn't but Gerrard would've went down like he was shot too. As soon as United get a dodgy decision everyone jumps on the ABU bandwagon complaining Ferguson influences referees. Any who says that is sore and bitter. And blind. 5 minutes of Rafa time btw ;)

Gerrard, what did he actually do? He made about 3 good crosses? Sure Giggs had 2. He really is just a shadow of what he was. He had at least 2 chances to shoot from long range, previous seasons he would've belted them in. He didn't look interested in tracking back or hassling. Some captain. Torres scuffed his shots, but his goal was fantastic.

Ohhh Park, he was so frustrating to watch in the first half. Second half, that legend of a man, Fletcher put in an amazing cross and the little man scores!! First half our defence were nervous, Ferguson put them right and were pretty solid in the second half. Neville was quite good too, I was surprised! Vidic stayed on the pitch this time :D

Rafa again, just too late with subs. Ferguson - stuck by his tactics and it paid off. The master teaching a lesson! MOTM - Fletcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can you not just say "the stupidity of the person saying this" rather than retarded generalising bull**** of every United fan Alan?

I thought you were a bit above that.

He is not.

He is as quick with the tarring brush as he is to denounce others for using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

davyjose wrote: »
    Torres would have a Red card.

and fletcher more so.

i don't know what the f*ck his problem with Kuyt was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, more than fair.

As for having a thread? We had one on a related concept before ("does the result always reflect who deserved to win") and it was a disaster. The human mind is programmed to work backwards from the result in analysis.

Not the time for that thread at the moment anyway, it will descend into United/Liverpool mickey waving within a few posts. Actually probably will happen whenever its started.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the comments where he said Liverpool always get all the luck, and maybe one day United would get some sort of luck. apologies for any offence caused by the united fans generalization

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The stupidity of Liverpool fans laughing at ferguson, then foaming at the mouth a few days later, at a perceived injustice, is making me smile. thanks for bringing that up though.
    You mean the comments where Fergie said nothing bad about Liverpool, or Gerrard but that the FA disciplinary procedures are a joke - those comments? Those comments which have been echoed bu virtually everyone? Those comments? Or different ones? If different, please link.

Again, to clarify, I said on this forum last Monday that Gerrard should have been banned for the maximum time period for what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Actually a yellow. Fletcher on the other hand, a red.

penalty spot kick by Torres not worthy of a yellow ?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Not the time for that thread at the moment anyway, it will descend into United/Liverpool mickey waving within a few posts. Actually probably will happen whenever its started.:pac:

Too true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Nope.

depends on what the videos were used for. Torres should have had a yellow for scuffing the penalty spot, he then subsequently had a yellow for some other act of impetuosity.
    Unless you're Graham Poll, 1 yellow + 1 yellow = 1 red. So.....

Yup!!!

• Advertisement

the comments where he said Liverpool always get all the luck, and maybe one day United would get some sort of luck. apologies for any offence caused by the united fans generalization

link please. I have not seen these comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

jaykay74 wrote: »
    well worth 3 quid. maybe 3 more ?

The total figure ended up at 5 :D

In relation to what Lloyd is saying I get his frustration but it wasn't a bad decision. By that I mean it was impossible to tell that it was outside the box at normal speed. Those type of decisions won't change as football doesn't want to embrace technology, is this a good thing??? Today it was :p

I'm on my phone, i'm sure you can google it though.

few pics from todays game. love the crowd reaction. Loads of green and gold today.

Wayne-Rooney-celebrates-s-004.jpg

-Rio-Ferdinand-blocks-a-s-001.jpg

47510797indexneville466.jpg

utdlpool21.jpg

Well, I'd put it like this: IF we had a similar challenge system akin to that which operates in American football and Webb hadn't awarded a penalty when the incident occurred, I would completely understand Ferguson looking for a replay to check if it was inside the box. In that respect, I agree that it looked close at first glance.

Still in such a hypothetical scenario, I wouldn't expect a penalty to be the final outcome.

American Football reviews lean HEAVILY in favour of the decision called on the pitch. In other words, you need conclusive proof to overturn the decision made by the referee.
    So considering we have probably a thousand posts and still no agreement, there is clearly no conclusive proof. Were the same system used today, Liverpool would have lost the "challenge", as Ferguson would, if the decision were reversed.

I'm pretty sure you can too.

You have made the accusation of Fergie, back it up yourself.

The comments I saw were Fergie having a go at the FA.

• Advertisement

utdlpool21.jpg
    Clear why liverpool lost - United replaced Reina with a 40 year old kinda-look-alinke

http://www.espnstar.com/rss-feed/detail/item416019/

Ferguson says he hopes United are as 'lucky' as Liverpool. Just mind games at work.

Clear why liverpool lost - United replaced Reina with a 40 year old kinda-look-alinke

The lad in white behind Reina looks horrified. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

GUY IN WHITE JUST ABOVE RIENA HAS JUST REMEMBER HE LEFT IRON ON
    utdlpool21.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

American Football reviews lean HEAVILY in favour of the decision called on the pitch. In other words, you need conclusive proof to overturn the decision made by the referee.
    So considering we have probably a thousand posts and still no agreement, there is clearly no conclusive proof. Were the same system used today, Liverpool would have lost the "challenge", as Ferguson would, if the decision were reversed.

Yeah, but the people making the decision wouldn't be ManU or Liverpool fans. They'd be neutrals..........so the decision would be a free.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    http://www.espnstar.com/rss-feed/detail/item416019/

Ferguson says he hopes United are as 'lucky' as Liverpool. Just mind games at work.

cheers.

I call bull on Al again.

He says Liverpool got lucky with that, and that maybe one day United will be lucky too. Not that liverpool get all the luck. Some crap from Al again. WHA WHA WHA big bol' Fergie WHA WHA WHA

lol, I'm aware of the machinations of the AF challenge system. And more than comfortable that the decision would have been overturned on the basis of the available replays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

cheers.

I call bull on Al again.

He says Liverpool got lucky with that, and that maybe one day United will be lucky too. Not that liverpool get all the luck. Some crap from Al again. WHA WHA WHA big bol' Fergie WHA WHA WHA

liverpool get luck, ha! we never get any luck during any game,
    two words , beach ball!!

few pics from todays game. love the crowd reaction. Loads of green and gold today.

Caption competition contender? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'm pretty sure you can too.

You have made the accusation of Fergie, back it up yourself.

The comments I saw were Fergie having a go at the FA.

ill vouch for it

i have posted the article in full on this match thread in fact, maybe the united thread too? but definitely here

just go back to the first few pages

he said Liverpool are lucky like that, and maybe one day we will be too or something like that

i may aswell say now, for anyone waiting to pounce on that cause of our luck today, that he is referring to disciplinery matters

its post 187 Mitch

edit
    bit about the pool

"Yes we know [they get the breaks]," Ferguson reflected. "They do all right. They are lucky like that. Maybe one day we will get lucky."

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah, but the people making the decision wouldn't be ManU or Liverpool fans. They'd be neutrals..........so the decision would be a free.

NO!!! Read my post. Unless they can conclusively prove that Valencia WASN'T fouled in the box, the penalty stands. He was fouled in the box. He just spent 95% of the time being fouled outside it.

argosy2006 wrote: »
    two words , beach ball!!

Speaking of that did anyone see the sign, 'Man Utd beachball appreciation society' banner at Old Trafford? :D

i can't read the link on my phone, but does he not say Liverpool always get the luck-and one day maybe united will?

i can't read the link on my phone, but does he not say Liverpool always get the luck-and one day maybe united will?
    "They do all right with that. They are lucky with that.
    "It happens. Maybe in some years we will get lucky too. Who knows?"

Is what Fergie said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Warm up your hands next time first Carra

Liverpool get luck just like every team but its a lot easier to get luck when your playing well and on a roll in reality i guess you make your own luck

• Advertisement

two words , beach ball!!

Ha ha, thanks for the reminder. No work in the morning, Chelsea drew, we beat Liverpool, wife and baby asleep in the next room, a few beers in me belly ... and now the funniest moment of the season knocking around my head.

I'll settle for bed now I think ;)

two words , beach ball!!

Oh Christ. Really and truly. WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO WORK FROM SUCH EXTREME STARTING POINTS?

Listen buddy, remember the N'Gog penalty? :rolleyes:

mitch, i'll be expecting an apology . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

All teams get luck, all teams need a little luck now and then

its not a crime

its whether you capitalise on the luck that makes the difference most of the time tbh

mitch, i'll be expecting an apology . . . .

You won't be getting one.

It is pointed out Gerrard di not get banned (and not for the first time). He says Liverpool are lucky with that.

He doesn't say Liverpool get all the lucky, get lucky all the time. Doesn't say the FA are biased towards them (though he may think it).

Sure fcuk it - Liverpool fans on here were saying you were lucky with Gerrard getting off, you gonna go have a go at them? They clearly feel the FA are biased towards Liverpool

were you one of the lads giving out about a lack of class from Torres? wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

After reading the last 10 pages of this thread, I honestly begin to wonder whether some of the posters actually watched the match.

NO!!! Read my post. Unless they can conclusively prove that Valencia WASN'T fouled in the box, the penalty stands. He was fouled in the box. He just spent 95% of the time being fouled outside it.

But it can be conclusively proved. Masch didn't touch him in the box, it was outside. Replays show this!!

were you one of the lads giving out about a lack of class from Torres? wow.

Me? No, I was not. I don't think i have ever discussed Torres' level of class.

so erm..... wow.

• Advertisement

You won't be getting one.

It is pointed out Gerrard di not get banned (and not for the first time). He says Liverpool are lucky with that.

He doesn't say Liverpool get all the lucky, get lucky all the time. Doesn't say the FA are biased towards them (though he may think it).

Sure fcuk it - Liverpool fans on here were saying you were lucky with Gerrard getting off, you gonna go have a go at them? They clearly feel the FA are biased towards Liverpool

lol

Individual disagreement with specific decision /= belief that all decisions are a product of bias

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

PHB wrote: »
    After reading the last 10 pages of this thread, I honestly begin to wonder whether some of the posters actually watched the match.

ha yeah, was thinking that

ok, well now i'm discussing your lack of class. you called bull**** on something i said and took the piss with you waa waa waa nonsense. Wat i said was then shown to be virtually identical to wat was said.and you refuse to recognise that. not very sound to be honest.

Mr Alan and Boggles bring their internet wars to the real world. Who knew??

lol

Individual disagreement with specific decision /= belief that all decisions are a product of bias

erm - exactly the point i was making.

According to Al Fergie saying Liverpool got lucky with the Gerrard incident (and maybe the Mascherano one too) means Fergie thinks liverpool always get the luck and United never do.

Both incidents that Liverpool fans have said they got lucky with.

So, if you follow Al's logic here - those Liverpool fans must think the same as Fergie thinks in that the FA are biased towards United.

Storm on though LL, well done.

ok, well now i'm discussing your lack of class. you called bull**** on something i said and took the piss with you waa waa waa nonsense. Wat i said was then shown to be virtually identical to wat was said.and you refuse to recognise that. not very sound to be honest.

Fcuk that Al.

You banged on about Fergie saying Liverpool ALWAYS get lucky and United never do. He did not say that.

At most what he said was Liverpool got lucky on the Gerrard and Mascherano incidents. THEY DID, and that he would like United players to get off like that. Big whup.

Virtually identical is NOT identical and the devil is in the detail. You were using it as a stick to beat Fergie with and I don't think it is a fair one to do so with.

• Advertisement

erm - exactly the point i was making.

According to Al Fergie saying Liverpool got lucky with the Gerrard incident (and maybe the Mascherano one too) means Fergie thinks liverpool always get the luck and United never do.

Both incidents that Liverpool fans have said they got lucky with.

So, if you follow Al's logic here - those Liverpool fans must think the same as Fergie thinks in that the FA are biased towards United.

Storm on though LL, well done.

Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Something about bad breath would work here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

monkey9 wrote: »

You're gay.
    No, you're gay.
    No, you're gay!
    No, YOU are gay!

and so forth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

GUY IN WHITE JUST ABOVE RIENA HAS JUST REMEMBER HE LEFT IRON ON
    utdlpool21.jpg

;)

First thing I seen too!

Pepe is a legend though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

didn't he say 'they're lucky like that', mitch, ****s sake, you're deciding wat incidents he is talking about just to suit you, in reality it was a general comment he made about the club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement