Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

kryogen wrote: »
    you got rattled from that? :confused:

interesting i guess

The sense of bewilderment that you feel right now is pretty much exactly how most opposition fans feel when you guys start going on about Fergie's mind games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

'I knew Liverpool would struggle' says FergusonBy Ian Herbert

Sir Alex Ferguson has suggested ahead of Liverpool's visit to Old Trafford tomorrow that Rafael Benitez's side over-performed last season and never looked likely to repeat their achievements, including a 4-1 victory at Manchester United, that saw them briefly threaten to sneak the title.

just to spice it up a bit

(and get off the subject of Lucas)

Good article and pretty much spot on, with the absencs of a Rafa Rant this year there was no need top go on the offensive and rack up the tension surrounding this match, Maybe they both leaned something from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

K-9 wrote: »
    Indeed, SAF seems rattled! Rafa must be p*ssing himself laughing.
    :rolleyes:

If the guy 5th in the League and in the Europa League really is p!ssing himself laughing at the guy top of the League and in the Champions League Quarter finals, then yous really do need a new manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The sense of bewilderment that you feel right now is pretty much exactly how most opposition fans feel when you guys start going on about Fergie's mind games..

i dont

see the post earlier where i say its all media bull****

so........................ back to my bewilderment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is it just me or from reading this thread, do Liverpool fans still believe they have a better squad then United's?

RasTa wrote: »
    Is it just me or from reading this thread, do Liverpool fans still believe they have a better squad then United's?

depends on what day you talk to them id say

bi polar lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I dunno bout that, they do seem to think they have a better manager though. Which is awfully confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

There is going to be some atmosphere at old trafford for this game tomorrow, last year the united players and fans were hurt by the results against liverpool and i believe united will come out with all guns blazing, if liverpool can get past the first 20 mins without conciding they have a chance, but i think its going to be backs against the wall for them at the start of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Indeed a train wreck thread!

I can't wait to see the starting 11 from each team.......

btw, i propose the fans in Dublin meeting up and watching the game together = catastrophe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

al/rasta, quote the posts from Liverpool fans in here where they're sayin they've a better squad, or better manager. Good lads. . . .

MIN2511 wrote: »

btw, i propose the fans in Dublin meeting up and watching the game together = catastrophe!

http://www.geishablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hiroshima.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

"Yes we know [they get the breaks]," Ferguson reflected. "They do all right. They are lucky like that. Maybe one day we will get lucky."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mr Alan wrote: »
    al/rasta, quote the posts from Liverpool fans in here where they're sayin they've a better squad, or better manager. Good lads. . . .

I did say was it just me, it must have being all the midfield comments

SlickRic wrote: »
    i trust Liverpool's midfield to limit Utd's control of the game.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think Liverpool will control the midfield. Hoping to see Scholes on uniteds team sheet.
    argosy2006 wrote: »
    We'll meet and defeat these so called champions !
    mayordenis wrote: »
    Lucas and Aqualani, but aye Lucas will do another job of bossing the midfield against United if he's called upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There does seem to be a fair bit of arrogance from various Liverpool fans that they're going to give us a good hiding in the midfield tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

It was more a case of a general feeling of smugness coming from them about Rafa being quiet and dignified. Then reason Rafa is quite is because he has nothing to shout about. If he was up towards the top you can guarantee there would have been a barb or two thrown fergie's way this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Do any of you lot actually want to watch the match tomorrow? Or would yous rather watch Fergie and Rafa calling each other names in the car park?

Anyway... Should be interesting to see which striker comes out on top tomorrow, with Rooney in the form that he's in and Torres looking to be back to his best both defenses should be bricking it.

Really wish the match was on today all the anticipation is getting too much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Fergie and Rafa calling each other names in the car park

I'd order that on PPV tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

CHD wrote: »
    I'd order that on PPV tbh

Let's be honest, if this were a sport, fergie would have even more trophies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I think the result of this game will depend entirely on how United approach the game.

We often struggle against teams that press us high up the pitch and if United do press us high up the pitch they'll probably get the win. If they don't and we are allowed to move the ball from defence into attacking areas, bringing Gerrard and Torres into the game more and more then I think we may well score a couple and nick a result.

The thing is United don't normally press us high up the pitch so I'm reasonably confident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

davyjose wrote: »
    Let's be honest, if this were a sport, fergie would have even more trophies
    Phil Brown would have more trophies than Rafa in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

keane2097 wrote: »
    There does seem to be a fair bit of arrogance from various Liverpool fans that they're going to give us a good hiding in the midfield tbh

well personally, i said that while also qualifying later that Fletcher will be key.

i don't know how what I said was arrogant (i know you yourself aren't calling my comment arrogant).

it's been shown that Scholes and Carrick tend to get pressed high and hassled off the ball by Masch and Lucas in particular. Utd need Fletcher to match that, and give the others space to play. it will be an impossible task for us if we don't make it tough for Utd in there.

i fully expect Utd to win, but if we get on top in the middle, which we're capable of doing, then Gerrard & Torres may just get enough ball to do something.

I fully expect Liverpool to come away with 3 points tbh, but i live in hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rooney has no goals in his last ten games against Liverpool. Do we think that'll change tomorrow?

Rooney has no goals in his last ten games against Liverpool. Do we think that'll change tomorrow?

those stats irk the hell out of me

If Rooney gets a chance tomorrow i have plenty of confidence in him finishing, if he doesnt get chances then probably not

id like to see Vidic head the winner personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Spud83 wrote: »
    I

Shocking that. Considering fergie is going for his.fourth title in a row yet Rafa is scrapping for fourth place to keep his job . A fourth place he guaranteed by the way. Yeah fergie is definitely under more pressure even though if we win all our games we take the league yet Rafa is praying for what one, two or three teams to drop points to achieve his goal. Yeah fergie is under more pressure alright even though his place in history is already confirmed as one of if not the best manager in history, while rafa is struggling to avoid being another footnote in liverpools failure to challenge united in 20 years.

There is no need for him to have a dig at Liverpool then!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    There is no need for him to have a dig at Liverpool then!

i underlined the part where the article states, this is not Fergie driving an attack at Liverpool, he was asked the question and answered it

edit-always a reason to have a dig at liverpool ;)

i underlined the part where the article states, this is not Fergie driving an attack at Liverpool, he was asked the question and answered it

edit-always a reason to have a dig at liverpool ;)

Ach, I'll just say if Rafa was coming out with similar crap the reaction would be different.

I'll leave it at that or I'll get dizzy.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

SlickRic wrote: »
    i fully expect Utd to win, but if we get on top in the middle, which we're capable of doing, then Gerrard & Torres may just get enough ball to do something.

This is very different to the schooling the United midfield has been predicted to get by a good few Pool fans.

The question was asked about where Liverpool fans had seemed cocky, that's where I think they have. That's all...

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    This is very different to the schooling the United midfield has been predicted to get by a good few Pool fans.

The question was asked about where Liverpool fans had seemed cocky, that's where I think they have. That's all...

Pool fans are going on the previous 3 games where their midfield has arguably been the difference between the 2 teams. Without Fletcher most of us would be confident of doing that again.

I don't think anybody has said we have a better squad! We are bi polar lately but the meds are working!

i think most united fans are willing to admit that the recent losses are largely down to the liverpool midfield not allowing us to play

Fletch actually playing should even this up hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

For those who like a flutter, you can get Torres at 10/1 for first scorer here:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2010/03/20/torres-101-offer-with-paddy-back-on/

Maximum bet 10e, but hopefully it'll pay for my weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fletcher will make a big difference for United in this game. How will it go? I've no idea. It's a derby, derbies could go either way. United are on form and Liverpool aren't, but Liverpool will up their game.
    What I think will give us the edge is that it's at Old Trafford.

I did say was it just me, it must have being all the midfield comments

I see you cut a piece from my quote. Real rag journo stuff.

Read the rest of it and my prediction.

Anyone can cut a snippet from a post like that.

EDIT here ya go
    I think Liverpool will control the midfield. Hoping to see Scholes on uniteds team sheet.

However, I can't see our CB's being able to handle Rooney.

Torres v Vidic should be fun.

Prediction 1-1.

I thought my prediction was pretty unbiased tbh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

fernando_torres46.jpg

Do your stuff tomorrow lad. ;) :mad:

Can see Pool winning, then us getting beat at Blackburn or something along those lines.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm going to be very nervous tomorrow. Such a huge game for united, not only could Liverpool get a win over UTD, but they could end their hopes of No. 19:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Johner wrote: »
    Can see Pool winning, then us getting beat at Blackburn or something along those lines.:rolleyes:

*crosses fingers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Bring on yer Manchester United......

Cannot wait for this!

torresvidic_220318.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PHB wrote: »
    Fletcher will make a big difference for United in this game. How will it go? I've no idea. It's a derby, derbies could go either way. United are on form and Liverpool aren't, but Liverpool will up their game.
    What I think will give us the edge is that it's at Old Trafford.

This is pretty much how I feel about the game. Impossible to call. If I was a betting man I would go for United, but I never expected Liverpool to win in the last 3 games either, so what do I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm gonna go one all. Torres to give Vidic the sh1ts again and Rooney to to get their goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Holsten wrote: »
    Bring on yer Manchester United......

Cannot wait for this!

torresvidic_220318.jpg

This will be Vidic heading the ball towards goal after Reina goes AWOL while Torres fails to get back in time to stop it crossing the line. :P

I love the Vidic/Torres myth!

truly excellent media bull****

since photo's are the order of the day, heres a nice one of Vidic smiling

Fernando-Torres-Vidic-Manchester-United-Liver_2003292.jpg

and also, what i will hope to see at some stage duting the match

400x400_NemanjaVidicNew-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That's a smile?? He looks constipated.

wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Its not really a myth though is it ? Vidic has looked totally out of his depth in his last few games against Torres.

Tusky wrote: »
    Its not really a myth though is it ? Vidic has looked totally out of his depth in his last few games against Torres.

it is a myth actually, complete hype

He has had more good games then bad v Torres

Its completely irrelevant though as it gives pool fans something to jeer about and the media something to hype up to make the game seem more special

it is Manchester United v Liverpool

it does not need any hyping

it is a myth actually, complete hype

He has had more good games then bad v Torres

Its completely irrelevant though as it gives pool fans something to jeer about and the media something to hype up to make the game seem more special

it is Manchester United v Liverpool

it does not need any hyping

It's not media hype ffs. Some people are capable of watching matches without being given their opinion. If you have a striker with pace, then you target Vidic cos he is the weaklink in that instance.

He is sh!t against strikers with pace. That's why Torres creams him. Why Agbonlohar creamed him, (should have been sent off in the Carling Cup final, should have been sent off in the draw at Villa Park last season) Bellamy etc.

Torres will target Vidic tomorrow, so maybe Utd will try to counter that by having Ferdinand keep tabs on him.

But it ain't no media hype. It's just fact!

since photo's are the order of the day, heres a nice one of Vidic smiling

Fernando-Torres-Vidic-Manchester-United-Liver_2003292.jpg

As fair as i can see, this just proves the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's not media hype ffs. Some people are capable of watching matches without being given their opinion. If you have a striker with pace, then you target Vidic cos he is the weaklink in that instance.

He is sh!t against strikers with pace. That's why Torres creams him. Why Agbonlohar creamed him, (should have been sent off in the Carling Cup final, should have been sent off in the draw at Villa Park last season) Bellamy etc.

Torres will target Vidic tomorrow, so maybe Utd will try to counter that by having Ferdinand keep tabs on him.

But it ain't no media hype. It's just fact!

100% per cent spot on correct.

When I say it all the blinkered fanboys on the United thread don't listen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement