Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

kryogen wrote: »
    Support cast set stage for unstoppable Rooney
    Liverpool won 4-1 at Old Trafford last season with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard traumatising the home defence, yet, even if the pair are now back in harness and returning to full fitness, it is no secret that Rafa Benitez relies on his golden duo to an almost unhealthy extent. What United have proved since the turn of the year is that they are no longer reliant on Ronaldo. The team has moved on.

This is kind of silly.

If you're going to say that Liverpool have been a two man team then you cannot say that United are anything but a one man team.

I know he goes on to highlight other United players' contributions this season but that doesn't make him correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dave! wrote: »
    Berbafullback?
    Berback?

I wish I could quite youuuuu!

Berback?

I wish I could quite youuuuu!

:pac:

http://www.skidmarkscooters.com/images/NO%20Skidmark/NO-condoms.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I have a murderous hangover, the only thing that can save me is Liverpool winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Berbafullback?

Berba could do a job anywhere tbh

i have faith in Neville for today though

Not sure how fit Raf is, back in training but not sure of fitness, Nev will do a job imo, he has had the week off and should be fresh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

G'wan Liverpool

gosplan wrote: »
    This is kind of silly.

If you're going to say that Liverpool have been a two man team then you cannot say that United are anything but a one man team.

I know he goes on to highlight other United players' contributions this season but that doesn't make him correct.

Yeah, we are a different one man team every year arent we

Just this year

Robson, Cantona, Keane, Ruud, Ronaldo, Rooney. Wonder who the next Man United player will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

CHD wrote: »
    Just this year
    You're talkin about Berbatov, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lot of man utd fans worried about this game. I don't think they need to be. As much as Liverpool raise their game against man u (cause it's their champions league final - bless em) I really can't see how they can raise it enough this year. They won't even finish 4th this year...they're a team in decline and I predict a win by man utd of more than two goals.

and you say i never shut up about the legend man! :D

This is kind of silly.

I hate that one man team bs aimed at any team.

Every
    team has top players but to label united or Liverpool as a 1/2 man team is silly.

Liverpool beat united last season with no Torres or Gerrard (gerrard on a sub late on irrc) at Anfield.

Both have great teams imo, the difference is united have the best man in the hot seat.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I hate that one man team bs aimed at any team.
    Every
    team has top players but to label united or Liverpool as a 1/2 man team is silly.

Liverpool beat united last season with no Torres or Gerrard (gerrard on a sub late on irrc) at Anfield.

This!

Obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Robson, Cantona, Keane, Ruud, Ronaldo, Rooney. Wonder who the next Man United player will be.

Nani - he's the future don't you know

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

PaulieC wrote: »
    Nani - he's the future don't you know

:D

No doubt he always had the talent but like myself and many other Manutd fans we have very little patience and he has had numerous chances and and never took them or showed up. I think today could be another big day from him if he starts.

cant believe Fletcher isnt considered for a spot in our 1 man/2 man team yet

and of course the Sheaser

Vanbis wrote: »
    I think today could be another big day from him if he starts.

It will if they put him up against Insua!! - I'm very worried for the young fella he'll get destroyed by Valencia or Nani to a lesser extent imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

PaulieC wrote: »
    It will if they put him up against Insua!! - I'm very worried for the young fella he'll get destroyed by Valencia or Nani to a lesser extent imo

I expect Babel to play on the left so he will have a big job in helping Insua and tracking back otherwise i think Inusa will have a hard game against Nani or Valencia.

• Advertisement

Vanbis wrote: »
    I expect Babel to play on the left so he will have a big job in helping Insua and tracking back otherwise i think Inusa will have a hard game against Nani or Valencia.

I'm not so sure babel will start tbh.

Nope, never said you were.

I simply said that if a journalist chooses to call Liverpool a two-man team, then he can't ignore the fact that United's reliance on Rooney to get the goals is pretty similar.

Nope, never said you were.

I simply said that if a journalist chooses to call Liverpool a two-man team, then he can't ignore the fact that United's reliance on Rooney to get the goals is pretty similar.

Journalists talk shít alot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

2 hours and 5 minutes to go! Time is going so slow now...

Journalists talk shít alot of the time.

Journalists talk shít alot of all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

People call Liverpool a two man team now cause outside Mash & Reina (Defensive)only Torres and Gerrard would get anywhere near a top four team now. City and Spurs have better squads. The world class Johnson has been out injuried since jumping out of the way for the beach ball to score so he hasnt been considered aswell. And before slagging off the United Squad their supporting cast to Rooney have delivered the goods! Riera talking about a sinking ship what ship has never docked in merseyside?!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

TonyD79 wrote: »
    People call Liverpool a two man team now cause outside Mash & Reina (Defensive)only Torres and Gerrard would get anywhere near a top four team now.

Incredible. Youve disproved your own statement in the same sentence that you made that very statement. Essentially what youve said is that Liverpool are a two man team; naming Reina, Masch, Torres and Gerrard....

We should really start issuing intelligence tests to join the soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I wish I went out last night. After a good nights drinking its much easier to make time pass quicker by falling asleep in my time machine to make those hours feel like minutes. I'm wide awake now with a fresh head and I have to wait 2 fookin hours.

People call Liverpool a two man team now cause outside Mash & Reina (Defensive)only Torres and Gerrard would get anywhere near a top four team

Does that make Liverpool a 4 man team?

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm wide awake now with a fresh head and I have to wait 2 fookin hours.

I'm envious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

People call Liverpool a two man team now cause outside Mash & Reina (Defensive)only Torres and Gerrard would get anywhere near a top four team now.

That's one of the funniest posts ive seen on the soccer forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Tusky wrote: »
    Incredible. Youve disproved your original statement in the same sentence that you made that very statement. Essentially what youve said is that Liverpool are a two man team; naming Reina, Masch, Torres and Gerrard....

We should really start issuing intelligence tests to join the soccer forum.

In terms of an attacking threat. Didnt think I had to make myself clear. Uniteds defensive players were dismissed earlier when saying United are a one man team so I thought it was quite clear that the same applied here! How silly of me!!!:rolleyes:

PHB wrote: »

Welcome to a United v Liverpool thread.

Think I'm gonna sit the rest of this one out.

People call Liverpool a two man team now cause outside Mash & Reina (Defensive)only Torres and Gerrard would get anywhere near a top four team now. City and Spurs have better squads. The world class Johnson has been out injuried since jumping out of the way for the beach ball to score so he hasnt been considered aswell. And before slagging off the United Squad their supporting cast to Rooney have delivered the goods! Riera talking about a sinking ship what ship has never docked in merseyside?!:P

This is official proof that some people on the soccer forum actually cannot put 2 + 2 together

Priceless!!

It's up there alright, priceless stuff. :pac:

That's why boards is class.

Did you know that Liverpool are a 2 team with 4 great players?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's up there alright, priceless stuff. :pac:

That's why boards is class.

Did you know that Liverpool are a 2 team with 4 great players?

What has that got to do with boards being class? It just means that there are a lot of people who want to take the piss out of someone for the smallest thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

John Barnes makes an interesting point on sky just now....whichever team is going for the league in this fixture usually comes out 2nd best, just like Liverpools good record against United in the last few years....didnt realise we had such a good record against Pool in the 80s when they were winning all the leagues. (thanks Wikipedia)
    Funny old game!! Just goes to show you cant really predict this fixture, especially after 12 months ago.
    But what the hell, 2-1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just looking at the league table, Liverpool at currently 4 points behind Spurs, if United beat them, they could potentially be 7 points behind with 7 games to go. That's the sort of margin they might need having to play the top 3. A bit of extra spice for Rooney :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nervous about this one as usual and gave up trying to predict these games years ago.

I`m going to try and watch it on my ipod touch, which isnt ideal to say the least. If thats too frustrating I`ll try and find a decent stream.

Its days like these that make football so great. I have butterflies in my stomach already.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any word on the teams yet?

My fantasy Rafa:

Reina
    Johnson-Carra-Agger-Insua
    Lucas-Masch
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Babel
    Torres

I think the only question mark is over Babel. Between him, Benni and Maxi. Babel will provide a nice outlet when we're under the cosh though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is Aquilani still out?

Is Aquilani still out?

Has a sick tummy according to BBC....bit like myself hehe.

Personnaly I think it'll be a draw but 9/2 for a Liverpool win is pretty big imo.

11/10 for a pool draw or win is a great bet imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

55 minutes!!

Just looking at the league table, Liverpool at currently 4 points behind Spurs, if United beat them, they could potentially be 7 points behind with 7 games to go. That's the sort of margin they might need having to play the top 3. A bit of extra spice for Rooney :)

A liverpool win however could possibly see united 3rd in the league by the end of the day !

A bit of extra spice for Torres !!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    55 minutes!!

First goal scorer?:D

Is Nltbell still posting these days?

He's usually a good laugh on days like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

adox wrote: »
    Nervous about this one as usual and gave up trying to predict these games years ago.

I`m going to try and watch it on my ipod touch, which isnt ideal to say the least. If thats too frustrating I`ll try and find a decent stream.

Its days like these that make football so great. I have butterflies in my stomach already.:)

Don't do it, I'd say. Streams will be fairly unreliable, as with all big games, and while finding a proper stream, you could miss a few red cards.;)

United team

VDS

Neville(eek!) - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Fletcher - Nani - Park

Rooney

Don't do it, I'd say. Streams will be fairly unreliable, as with all big games, and while finding a proper stream, you could miss a few red cards.;)

I`m going to watch it on the Sky Mobile app on the ipod which will be perfect picture wise but just on an incredibly small screen for such a big game. If its too much for me I`ll move to a stream(veetle or likewise) on the Mac.

Anyway, stating the obvious but...COME ON UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement