Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

No "The One" on the bench.

Sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

United team

VDS

Neville(eek!) - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Fletcher - Nani - Park

Rooney

Would love to have seen Berba playing. Not overly worried about Neville as hes been alright in the last couple of games.

Park and Nani are the wrong way around I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Maxi, Lucas, Masch, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.

apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Maxi, Lucas, Masch, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.

apparently

Same team mentioned on the radio.

Not surprising that Babel was dropped, but a bit disappointing that he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

United team

VDS

Neville(eek!) - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Fletcher - Nani - Park

Rooney

neville will set up uniteds opener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

adox wrote: »

Park and Nani are the wrong way around I would say.

yep, as long as they know where the goal is then I'm happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Confirmed line ups

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Nani, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Berbatov, Giggs, Scholes, Rafael Da Silva, Jonathan Evans, Obertan.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Maxi, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Ngog, Kelly.

Fergie packing the midfield.

Last year he started with rooney, tevez and ronaldo.

Fletcher is a huge player for united. Should be a great battle in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

No benny three games in a row is strange.

neville will set up liverpools opener

fyp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Enough willy waving already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Again, Fergson with the 3 CMs. Hassle Lucas and Mascherano, isolate Torres and Gerrard.

adox wrote: »

*awaiting someone posting european cup wins....

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    *awaiting someone posting european cup wins....

Youtube wasn't around for 80% of them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm happy with that team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Headline on manutd.com

"Park geed up for Liverpool"

:pac:

No benny three games in a row is strange.

Maxi playing well though. Not getting the plaudits but he's been great for us recently.

lol @ Sky comparing United going for 4 league titles in a row to Liverpool going for 4 wins over United in a row.

Suuuuuure lads, same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fergie clearly concerned about the midfield. There's a lot of energy in the United midfield, and Park did well in the middle there a couple of weeks ago.

Happy that Babel ain't starting, Neville's pace woulda been badly exposed.

I'm happy with that team, I think we have enough to win this game if we show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Owen, Hoddle and Redknapp on the panel. **** sake, it's going to be a long 25 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Archimedes wrote: »
    lol @ Sky comparing United going for 4 league titles in a row to Liverpool going for 4 wins over United in a row.

Did you hear andy gray saying something like "the biggest thing liverpool players can feel is beating united" :P

Youtube wasn't around for 80% of them!

Touché :cool:

Owen, Hoddle and Redknapp on the panel. **** sake, it's going to be a long 25 minutes.

Change channel? :confused:

I hope Jamie Redknapp is there (if we win :P). I remember when United beat Liverpool 3 - 0 and he was almost crying. When Liverpool won 4 - 1 he was boucing off the walls.

Change channel? :confused:

What, and not watch a program about football? Are you off your ****ing head?

:p

PHB wrote: »
    Fergie clearly concerned about the midfield. There's a lot of energy in the United midfield, and Park did well in the middle there a couple of weeks ago.

Happy that Babel ain't starting, Neville's pace woulda been badly exposed.

I'm happy with that team, I think we have enough to win this game if we show up.

That's what I'm worried about come 60 minutes. Rafa will make the change when Nev gets tired.

Maxi playing well though. Not getting the plaudits but he's been great for us recently.
    He played well against pompey and half of the blackburn match. He has not been great. Benny has been great for much of the last fifteen months. Maxi is improving though, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Slightly surprised to see Park play in the middle, interested to see how it turns out

Hopefully Nani will track back today as well as provide a decent threat fromt he left

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    That's what I'm worried about come 60 minutes. Rafa will make the change when Nev gets tired.

ah dont worry, we will be 3 up at that stage*

;)

*not entirely true

IvySlayer wrote: »

No, no, he wont do that. That would be a good opportunity to make Babel look good, and (having been willing to offload him earlier in the season) Benitez doesn't like to be made look wrong. Babel to come on with 88 minutes gone, so Benitez can say he played crap and made no impact on the game.

kryogen wrote: »
    ah dont worry, we will be 3 up at that stage*

;)

*not entirely true
    No, no, he wont do that. That would be a good opportunity to make Babel look good, and (having been willing to offload him earlier in the season) Benitez doesn't like to be made look wrong. Babel to come on with 88 minutes gone, so Benitez can say he played crap and made no impact on the game.

Phew, I feel so much better! Thanks lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

don't like the look of the kit pool have on them today!

Babel has played most of our recent matches. Doesn't really fit with your point of view to mention that though does it?

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Did you hear andy gray saying something like "the biggest thing liverpool players can feel is beating united" :P

Andy gray gets a hardon seeing Liverpool lose in fairness.

Jamie redknapp

Babel has played most of our recent matches. Doesn't really fit with your point of view to mention that though does it?

that was a joke. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

HA, REDKNAPP remembering the 1-4 win by liverpool,says'' great win i remember alonso linking up with torres and gerrard ''
    alonso wasn't even on bench, let a lone the pitch!

HE really makes fool of himself at times,, does no homework, bad boy :D

• Advertisement

Whoooooosh!

argosy2006 wrote: »
    HA, REDKNAPP remembering the 1-4 win by liverpool,says'' great win i remember alonso linking up with torres and gerrard ''
    alonso wasn't even on bench, let a lone the pitch!

HE really makes fool of himself at times,, does no homework, bad boy :D

He's a brainless idiot who says and does what he's told. That's why he suits a Murdoch organisation down to the ground. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I wouldn't be surprised to see Park on Gerrard, even it does mean him playing deeper than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Please don't clog up the match thread with stream talk.

We have a thread for that

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055680428

that was a joke. :rolleyes:
    Sorry I'm just tense

I'm away to the pub.

Hope to be posting here later :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not surprised with the United line up. I expected Ferguson to focus on the midfield and to get players in there who can break up play, can work hard, and possibly choke up the centre of the park.

United's right/Liverpool's left will be an interesting one today. Unless Rafa switches Maxi to Liverpool's right and puts Kuyt on the left to help counter Valencia.

If it stays as Maxi/Insua vs Valencia/Neville, then I would be surprised if we did not see both teams getting exposed on that side of the pitch.

Rofl @ Fergie

"Keys...?"

i could see Maxi on the right tbh, i think it would be a very unusual decisoin for Rafa to leave that side of his field so weak defensively

christ, Rooney is such a handsome bastard isnt he

Sorry I'm just tense

That's ok. As long as ye win, then everything will be all right. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement