Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Crap!

Options
  • 19-03-2010 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭

Picture the scene. I'm Southend, in the 2011-12 season, I've gotten them into the premier league and am playing Bristol City (also a PL team) in the FA cup 3rd round. It is a very bad game and up until about the 60th minute nothing really happens and then they get a player sent off.

At this point I go to attack them but still can't score even though the team are all over them. Then in the 88th minute it goes into the highlight mode and shows Danny Haynes off Bristol picking up the ball halfway between his box and the halfway line. When he gets to the outside of the centre circle with 2 of my defenders within 10 meters of him. He shoots. It goes over my keepers head and into the goal. From his own half, well inside it. Knocking me out of the cup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That's nothing, Craig Gordon once scored for me from his own box. I was Sunderland in the League Semi-Final, I won the first leg 1-0 against Tottenham, the second leg I just went ultra defensive, especially for the last 10 minutes.

Come 89 minutes Tottenham get a corner and Gomes comes up, the corner is wasted Gordon catches it and belts it out and it very slowly made it's way to the opposite net :D

Wish I recorded it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I had the same thing, but actually this time it was Spurs scoring. It was last min of an fa replay in extra time, we were a goal up. Given came up for City, Gomes caught ball and booted it all the way into the empty net.

We still lost final 4-0 to Chelsea tho :(

Advertisement