Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something, LIVING, Has moved into my sofa!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Any updates on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I smell a rat...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm a bit freaked out by comments about people losing their snakes for 6 months to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

If it's a little pug ... you know who to give it to! :D

I'm dying to know what it is ... if something was poking me from inside my sofa, I'd want to know immediately, for my own peace of mind more than anything else!

If it's a little pug ... you know who to give it to! :D

I'm dying to know what it is ... if something was poking me from inside my sofa, I'd want to know immediately, for my own peace of mind more than anything else!

I'd have immediately gotten a stanley knife and cut the back off the sofa. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

tallus wrote: »
    I'd have immediately gotten a stanley knife and cut the back off the sofa. :)

Nice for some, having plenty of money for new sofas :P :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

femur61 wrote: »
    Someone was on Joe Duffy a few years ago and she found a huge larvae in her sofa!

Rotten!!!

Let us know OP! My bet is on a rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If something moved in my sofa I would know what it was before posting here. It's a matter of priorities & whatever it was could now be anywhere in the room. Anyone who keeps cats & has had the gift of a live mouse, rat or bunny will know that you have to act fast. There is also the unpleasant possibility that it could get injured or killed by being trapped in the springs.

In my past life I have been called out at all hours & been assured that "it is in the shed" or "it's definitely in the kitchen". A lot of the time you find nothing & have to restrain yourself from killing the person that got you out of bed.

As for rats, am I the only one who is starting to smell one ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I'd say he's selling sofas and now that everyone's looking he'll announce the opening of a sofa superstore in a day or two.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Nah, he'll string us along until April 1st.

I somehow doubt that anyone would NOT take the couch apart. I know I would and I certainly don't have the money for a new one :D.

• Advertisement

It's the first thing I'd have done EGAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Seriously...update needed. Worried house renter here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I reckon it is a bull, cos this thread reeks of its excrement.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Now I'm worried that the OP has been eaten by whatever was in their couch.

So at least that narrows it down to a large carnivore, or a poisonous animal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

RIP OP

fishfoodie wrote: »
    Now I'm worried that the OP has been eaten by whatever was in their couch.

So at least that narrows it down to a large carnivore, or a poisonous animal :D

That's no way to talk about Mary Harney for gods sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

RIP OP

who wants to set up a facebook page in remembrance to OP ??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Discodog wrote: »
    If something moved in my sofa I would know what it was before posting here. It's a matter of priorities & whatever it was could now be anywhere in the room. Anyone who keeps cats & has had the gift of a live mouse, rat or bunny will know that you have to act fast.

I love animals but if there was a rat in my couch then I'd be more than happy for my cats to kill it! There was a mouse inside the base of my bed one night when my cat brought it in . . .

Also I'm starting to think the OP imagined this! What would be big and push back, a cat? But a cat would meow . . . so yeah . . . I think there was alcohol involved :D

Or it was a dream!

Just read it on www.breakingnews.ie man attacked by snake in his sofa!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Just read it on www.breakingnews.ie man attacked by snake in his sofa!!!!:eek:

Can't believe I feckin clicked your link.. :D;):D

It's ok Brian, there's one born every minute.;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Can't believe I feckin clicked your link.. :D;):D

And it's not even april fools day!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

morganafay wrote: »
    I love animals but if there was a rat in my couch then I'd be more than happy for my cats to kill it! There was a mouse inside the base of my bed one night when my cat brought it in . . .

Last week I carefully emptied my wheelie bin to remove a mouse so that it wouldn't be crushed in the bin lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

morganafay wrote: »
    I think there was alcohol involved :D

Or it was a dream!

I knew someone was going to hint at sleep paralysis.

Woner what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

RIP OP
    who wants to set up a facebook page in remembrance to OP ??? :D

This is from his profile!!!!!!! Last Activity: Yesterday 09:42

Is this the fist online Boards "Snake ate the poster thingy?"

Discodog wrote: »
    Last week I carefully emptied my wheelie bin to remove a mouse so that it wouldn't be crushed in the bin lorry.

I would do that too. But don't want a rat in my house. I wouldn't kill it myself but if my cats do . . . it's slightly different. :P On the other hand I've saved mice from my cats, so I'm very hypocritical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Awesome thread, but i smell a troll!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Anti wrote: »
    Awesome thread, but i smell a troll!

I'm pretty sure that trolls live under bridges, not under couches :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

The OP has been missing for awhile now and there was no evidience left behind in his sitting room

216582214_f3967092a0.jpg

Advertisement