Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank holiday entitlements

Options
  • 19-03-2010 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

entitlements

In work they have changed out bank holiday entitlements we work 12 hour shifts 5 days on 4 days off.. This year I'm working 189 days so 2220 hours in the year, We get 15 days off for holidays and then the 8 days of bank holidays during the year bringing us up to 21 but normally if we worked a bank holiday you would get 12 hours off in lue now they want to give us 8 even if we work the day or not.

I need to find out is this legal? We work for 12 hours on the bank holiday not 8.. My shift has fallen on about 90% of bank holidays this year so I'm a bit pissed off..

Union is a dirty word around our work place.. So I don't think anyone would join if I tried to get one in..

Anyone have this problem before? any idea how to go about it?

I am looking for a new job as this one is just terrible 12 hour shifts nights management treating us like crap and last year they almost went under so really I should of been looking for a job sense then...

Advertisement