Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card for laptop

Options
  • 19-03-2010 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop with an error code:5300 0199 which means new graphics card time.
    The current one installed is a nVidea GeForce Go 7900, 256MB.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a compatable card and where to buy it? All i see on the net is PCI graphics cards.

If i remove this card and boot up the machine will the onboard intergrated graphics kick in or do they not exist when a dedicated graphics card is/was installed?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Frank11 wrote: »
    I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop with an error code:5300 0199 which means new laptop time.

FYP! :o

There are serious issues with 7900GS Go cards dying. Try sticking it on the oven for a bit but as its not just dry solders that are causing this issue you'll eventually need a new 7900GS Go and as the supply has dried up... new laptop time :(

Advertisement