Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Gift

Options
  • 19-03-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi I am just looking for ideas for a christening gift for my nephew. I am his Godfather so I am looking for something that will last for years to come

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Is it a toy you are after?

Ones that last by my experience
    1. A cart with wooden blocks inside which we got from ELC. Good from 6 months to 5 years. The wooden blocks are used for stacking and have letters+numbers on them too so games can be made up.

2. A small foldable slide. We keep it indoors and can be used from when they walk till they are about 5 or 6.

3. Rocking horse. We have two. Plastic Little Tikes from Smyths and wooden from ikea. The ikea one will last longer but the plastic one is much better for a good rock and 3 can fit on it at once! One at each end (like a see-saw) and one in the middle. Good from 1 year till 6 or so years.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Thanks bazwaldo , I had nothing particular in mind whteher to buy toys or keepsakes. I will look into the rocking horse idea it sounds good to me !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

You could always open up a bank account in his name and deposit a sum of your choosing. Alternatively, you could arrange to have a tenner a month or whatever put into it until he reaches college age (or 18, whatever applies!)

Or else you could go for the more traditional silver photo frame with name, DOB etc engraved on to it. The parents can choose a lovely picture of your nephew to go inside.

Advertisement